Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SlimPickins

reduce skill level cap

I still don't really understand the purpose of reducing the level caps? All these talk about less grinding and playing more for fun I think is pointless. The game is designed for people to be able to do a variety of skills. To suggest eg. a level 100 cap, it'll most probably mean the re-designing of the whole game. Having only 100 PPs to spend in game will really screw the system, imo...perks, attribs, nexus...

eg., you can't really expect people to be 100% mixer and don't fight, right? And if less people actually mix, where will the fighters get their pk/fighting gear/essentials from, from NPCs? If so, where'd they get the gcs from? Fight more monsters (that are harder to fight now they have lower attribs/levels)? More grinding? O_o'

Of course the game can be tweaked to adapt to the changes, monsters drop more gc, NPCs stuff cost less...but what would be the point?

-E-

I am in favor of No Limits myself.

The pk server is capped, I would suggest you play there if you would like a game with a closer end?

Wizzy

Let's let this thread die. I thought people would like this idea so that they wouldn't have to worry about some players being much stronger than others. The posts here show that players want to be able to keep increasing their levels. I'm fine with that. Fighters that want a level cap can use the pk server.

cap @ 150 - 155 would be nice...

it takes like 3-4 years in a spawn to get to this level (except if ure a char buyer)

I have gone thru the whole post. In my opinion the reduction is capping should not be made because of below points.

Advantage:

1) Reduction of capping of lvls only facilitates faster reaching of "skill specific goals". So that players accomplish what their targets faster (which I am not sure why it is needed). Apart from that there is no big advantage.

Disadvantage:

1) Since some creatures lvl is always higher the players will be demotivated to players as they cannot take these creatures alone and it may not be always possbile to combat these creatures as a team. If players want to play as a team, instances are always available and rules and strategies can be tweaked there for players to enjoy and leave the actual game to cater to players to different tastes and preferences (players can take on creatures in multi attack maps).

One option is bring more fun is bring in C3 :) with more advanced tools / items - nets and traps (some already started in Engineering skill) and sophisticated creatures (flying dragons :) )

OR

Make it easier to change the player profile make the perks / nexus / attribute modifiers (potions, stones, etc.,) more easily and cheaply available. This makes players to change their profile easier and players can switch theire profiles by using these modifiers.

Regards

The pk server is capped, I would suggest you play there if you would like a game with a closer end?

100 a/d is not "the end" of char combat development on the PK server.

The server still has pickpoint buying.

If the PK server had no pp buying and had cooldown, i'd probably have never quit playing on it.

If the PK server had no pp buying and had cooldown, i'd probably have never quit playing on it.

Ok m8

What is your a/d at the moment?

Lets cap the game there..What ever your a/d is we make that the cap pls

For skill levels 90 and above, it takes 50% more exp for a skill to have a 7% increase in skill level. Many of the suggestions of where caps should be are oddly similar to the levels of those suggesting the caps.

If some players want to spend 50% more training time for a 7% advantage... let them. As I understand it, while there are caps earlier on in some other games, there is also gear which makes a player significantly stronger. For those who play WoW (or similar games with caps), does someone who just reached level 80 (or whatever the cap is) stand a chance against someone who has reached the cap and continued to play for a year more? Wouldn't the difference in their gear create an insurmountable gap? While these players are both technically level 80, If the answer to my previous question is "yes", it would essentially become level 80 + equipment level 1 through level 80 + equipment level 50. The point is, players are rewarded for their efforts with fighting ability.

Not to ignore the mixers, if a player has mixed 50% more stuff than you, is it fair to want their levels removed? There are still chances to fail. If players want to spend 50% more time to prevent a fraction of a percentage of failures, let them. Nobody is forcing anyone to eternally grind out levels.

Edited by asgnny

Ok m8

What is your a/d at the moment?

Lets cap the game there..What ever your a/d is we make that the cap pls

and how exactly has your response addressed anything i said? :whistle:

Yes, in theory it does. I've been playing on the PK server for about a year now, and saw only ONE nexus removal for sale. ONE. Oh yeah, lotsa pp buying going on. Sure you can buy nexuses, but you need the prereqs and there ain't so many people hoarding them and then selling in thousands.

As for cooldown, there's still cooldown on spells. Teamwork ftw

Slimpickins...NO WAY DUDE...That would not be cool for us that have worked so hard over all these yrs.to get to where we are at.If you go train A/D more offten,You might not have that issue on OA's and a stranght factor.