Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chr0nik

Repairable Dragon Armor

Repairable Dragon Armor  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dragon armors repairable with scales at the expense of them breaking much more often?

• Yes
    • No

I can't vote because i dont use dragon armour at all. I think entropy would agree if binding stones are used for the chance to repair them, the price you have to pay is a higher break chance.

Maybe the chance is 50/50 success hm :rolleyes:

I get the feeling that binding stones will not be used to repair them. I think he wants extra dragon scales removed from the game and that binding stones are becoming too rare. A repair that requires a binding stone would mean that he wants dragon armor removed from the game....or at least that is how I would interpret him adding binding stones to the repair ingreds.

I voted Yes, for one major reason! Items need to be cycled. We can't just have this massive collectors edition bulk of damaged dragon armour. What happens to them otherwise? It sits in sto.

Assumingly the increase in chance to break would be only balancing with chance to repair (in a GC required way). Thus meaning, no real difference there as opposed to breaking and not repairing your dragon armour now.

If there is any major saga with binding stones or others, increasing chance to get them a little wouldn't have any unwanted side effects... not that I can think of.

Pro repair dragon armour :)

Edited by Zenial

I'm very glad the last poll was deemed invalid, because "break much more often" changes my vote to No.
I'm very glad the last poll was deemed invalid, because "break much more often" changes my vote to No.

Same, my vote is now no.

I think with the ingredients that were proposed, you can do a whole bunch of repairs before you reach the total amount to be spent on a brand new piece of armor.

I still voted yes, but am also curious as to how much is 'much more often'?

As PaulB said, his full BDA has lasted him 6 months or so, with intensive use. My IDA has survived for well over a year, with only the greaves degrading. I only was in PK with it for maybe 2 months, but have been in invasions quite a bit. On the other hand I've heard of people who's RDA degraded entirely within a month after they got it.

Radu, are you thinking of bringing the breakrate of the dragonarmors close to the breakrate of, e.g. the Red Dragon Helm of Life and Mana? Or will they still be a bit sturdier than that?

Radu, what other EL item would the dragon armor have a break rate like? Are we talking about break rates like the augmented leather armor or iron plate or ti plate or what?
I don't know how to vote without more information: 1) what would be required in terms of supplies to repair--how many scales, etc. (i believe radu suggested 1 scale for greaves and cuisses and 2 for plate); 2) what would be the range of the break rate increase?

In general sounds like a great idea, but the devil's in the details. Without more information, I wouldn't have a clue whether I'm in favor or not.

It sounds like a number of us are probably still wondering what other EL items the dragon armors will have a break rate compared to.

Of course, there are 3 types of armor. I imagine break rate for white would be less than black would be less than red.

...thanks for repeating yourself and others. Many of us are not wondering as with plenty of other items in game, specific break rates and relationships to other item break rates are not divulged. In any case, a strong majority have voted in favor.

...thanks for repeating yourself and others. Many of us are not wondering as with plenty of other items in game, specific break rates and relationships to other item break rates are not divulged. In any case, a strong majority have voted in favor.

Wasn't sure if about 60% in favor was enough for Radu to reply to or not. I noticed the thread was dead since the Oct 9, so I wanted the thread to get going again.

I am in favor of repairing dragon armor, but won't vote until my fear of "break much more often" is overcome. Same for others. That is why I made the post. Hoping to help Radu get a ratio of yes/no that he would be happy with.

I imagine another valid question would be......Would the break rate have a chance of going down after the number of scales in the game drops to a more acceptable level?

Edited by nathanstenzel

I think it's time for a bump on this thread. The vote is over 60% yes.

Maybe a new NPC, who takes the damaged dragon armor, and some scales, and gives you normal dragon armor.

I vote yes, not having used dragon armor yet, but simply for the fact that it opens up the possibility of players being able to do repairs and have the repair chance based on skill instead of npc %.

I don't know how to vote without more information: 1) what would be required in terms of supplies to repair--how many scales, etc. (i believe radu suggested 1 scale for greaves and cuisses and 2 for plate); 2) what would be the range of the break rate increase?

In general sounds like a great idea, but the devil's in the details. Without more information, I wouldn't have a clue whether I'm in favor or not.

1. The items required to repair the armors are already listed in this thread; the details were explained in a channel 6 conversation and I copied them here.

[15:48:42] [Wizzy @ 6]: and will manuers have a chance to critical fail the dragon peice repair?
[15:48:55] [radu @ 6]: yes, but small

[15:49:03] [radu @ 6]: will be maybe level 60 manu
[15:49:09] [radu @ 6]: so a 100 manuer will have a small chance

[15:50:07] [Wizzy @ 6]: will repaired item be identical to origional? or will it be called a "Used/repiared rd item"
[15:50:15] [radu @ 6]: original stats

[15:50:10] [Riky @ 6]: 1 scale per item ?
[15:50:21] [radu @ 6]: yes, 1 scale per item
[15:50:25] [radu @ 6]: maybe 2 for torso

[15:50:50] [elveron @ 6]: how many thread?
[15:51:00] [radu @ 6]: I don't know, like 10 or so
[15:51:05] [radu @ 6]: and maybe a tit bar

[15:51:29] [Wizzy @ 6]: will be less binding stones used, as the dragon armors use loads of them
[15:51:39] [radu @ 6]: yeah
[15:51:45] [Riky @ 6]: yes wizzy, So more binding stones in game

2. Break rates of items and or comparisons of item break rates to another are not very often disclosed. For instance, we were told in the gatherer med thread that those medallions would have a medium break rate and nothing more. I still have yet to break one, but in any case the break rate information is available in the first post in this thread.

I asked if you want the dragon armors be repairable by using scales, at the cost of having them break much more often.

I voted the same way SinS did. Getting repairs started as part of skills is more important than how often you need to repair something.

TirunCollimdus GM of PATH

would be nice to have something to do at higher manu levels besides poofing 20k leather helms for 1 level or endless s2es... obviously not something to level with, but still... :)

I voted yes. I think dragon armor should be repairable as any other type of armor. if you choose one path of item repair you should stick to it i believe. Fear is bad. Fear of too many good armor in the game. Fear of lower income. Let there be no fear, let there be only fun. Make EL attractive to players again. That's it to make it go forward. And im back if you didnt notice. Over five years since i started. Now make good things happen to us Radu, make us happy again, not sad when we found out there's nothing out there worth playing more and more and loosing our real lives because of el oh and almost loosing love of our lives for too many times. Balancing and making people weaker is wrong. Balancing is for making people equal witch is another utopia. They do it like maniacs in blizzard but I somehow quit playing wow. Well not really sure if it makes any sense what i just wrote. Sorry for eventual offtopic. Cheers from frozen-but-not-ever-surrendering Poland. That was a good wine Ziutek.