Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chr0nik

Repairable Dragon Armor

Repairable Dragon Armor  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want dragon armors repairable with scales at the expense of them breaking much more often?

• Yes
    • No

Guest SCURLOCK

If its a guaranteed Fix then yes and depending on the scales but my main question is would there be a chance to fail as you can with the other armors

I voted yes in the last poll, but I will hold my vote on this one. The words "break much more often" sound scary.

Here is all the information we have to base our decision on, and this is subject to change - but at least it gives you a general idea:

[15:48:42] [Wizzy @ 6]: and will manuers have a chance to critical fail the dragon peice repair?
[15:48:55] [radu @ 6]: yes, but small

[15:49:03] [radu @ 6]: will be maybe level 60 manu
[15:49:09] [radu @ 6]: so a 100 manuer will have a small chance

[15:50:07] [Wizzy @ 6]: will repaired item be identical to origional? or will it be called a "Used/repiared rd item"
[15:50:15] [radu @ 6]: original stats

[15:50:10] [Riky @ 6]: 1 scale per item ?
[15:50:21] [radu @ 6]: yes, 1 scale per item
[15:50:25] [radu @ 6]: maybe 2 for torso

[15:50:50] [elveron @ 6]: how many thread?
[15:51:00] [radu @ 6]: I don't know, like 10 or so
[15:51:05] [radu @ 6]: and maybe a tit bar

[15:51:29] [Wizzy @ 6]: will be less binding stones used, as the dragon armors use loads of them
[15:51:39] [radu @ 6]: yeah
[15:51:45] [Riky @ 6]: yes wizzy, So more binding stones in game

I like it. Seems logical and realistic, and everyone wins as far as I can tell. Manu'ers get more exp, more st00f to do. Fighters can get their armor repaired. Scales are more useful. ~2kgc I'd say is much better price for an undamaged piece of armor than 80k+ or whatever it is. Voted yes.

repairable is good , obviously

increased break rate is bad, obviously

so from a players perspective, if you are concerned about OMG teh economy then yeh sounds great

if you want fun then it sounds pretty bad tbh, more breaking is bad of course

so unfortunately, I vote no dont change it.

Someone mentioned Tankel or Heavybeard being used to repair the armors, bad move folks.

If it ever gets implemented, fixing armors should become something possible with the manu skill , at least then you can go to someone who you know has a good chance of fixing it AND has a saving stone , unlike the NCPS , who secretly laugh at you. But I still vote no, increased break rates is too much of a bitch considering how much the armors cost in the first place.

I'm very glad the last poll was deemed invalid, because "break much more often" changes my vote to No.

Same, my vote is now no.

I think with the ingredients that were proposed, you can do a whole bunch of repairs before you reach the total amount to be spent on a brand new piece of armor.

I still voted yes, but am also curious as to how much is 'much more often'?

As PaulB said, his full BDA has lasted him 6 months or so, with intensive use. My IDA has survived for well over a year, with only the greaves degrading. I only was in PK with it for maybe 2 months, but have been in invasions quite a bit. On the other hand I've heard of people who's RDA degraded entirely within a month after they got it.

Radu, are you thinking of bringing the breakrate of the dragonarmors close to the breakrate of, e.g. the Red Dragon Helm of Life and Mana? Or will they still be a bit sturdier than that?

Edited by Dilly

if the repairing process doesnt have a chance of complete loss of the damaged piece (unlike with Tankel and HB), then i vote yes.

Yes

(With a Potter's request to change the reduction pot ings if this occurs to something other than scales.

Scale prices are already starting to spike back up just on the chance this will happen, and when/if it happens, they'll spike even more to the point where there's absolutely no hope left for these to get used. Perhaps a switch to X number of chicken feathers or other such that isn't heavily used.)

if the repairing process doesnt have a chance of complete loss of the damaged piece (unlike with Tankel and HB), then i vote yes.

This sort of comment is a guaranteed way to not get the repairing happen. It is complete utter... fail. Is the ideal situation that every player in game uses dragon set in training? The repair is done with a scale or two - it's nothing. The failing won't be the level of HB/Tankel, but that of what is in normal mixing (about, so I understood from convos on @6). A top player can have repair ings on spawn if they bother and fix stuff at the spot, manu 60 isn't impossible. And for epic success you pick a name in top 10 manu. Might want to ask the top manuers how often they fail to mix a dragon item.

Scales reducing time to get into instance will be a lot bigger scale burner than the repairing, and the price will recover even without repair using the scales (most likely)

To me personally it looks like the repairing gives more longevity to a set than what we currently have, and the items will last more evenly (I mean you can have tough luck now and break item fast and then dump it being damaged, but when repairing is there you can just fix and be back in business)

With breaks, I see no harm done. Without change, no harm done either. But that's just my opinion.

This sort of comment is a guaranteed way to not get the repairing happen. It is complete utter... fail.

thats your opinion, the other is mine. PLs respect my opinion as i respect yours.

Failing of repair should imho result in loss of the scales and the other things you need to repair the item, but not in loss of the damaged piece you want to repair. All other things can be adjusted by the number of scales needed for repairing.

regards,

This sort of comment is a guaranteed way to not get the repairing happen. It is complete utter... fail.

thats your opinion, the other is mine. PLs respect my opinion as i respect yours.

Failing of repair should imho result in loss of the scales and the other things you need to repair the item, but not in loss of the damaged piece you want to repair. All other things can be adjusted by the number of scales needed for repairing.

regards,

But that's what saving stones are for, Gilrain.

This sort of comment is a guaranteed way to not get the repairing happen. It is complete utter... fail. Is the ideal situation that every player in game uses dragon set in training? The repair is done with a scale or two - it's nothing. The failing won't be the level of HB/Tankel, but that of what is in normal mixing (about, so I understood from convos on @6). A top player can have repair ings on spawn if they bother and fix stuff at the spot, manu 60 isn't impossible. And for epic success you pick a name in top 10 manu. Might want to ask the top manuers how often they fail to mix a dragon item.

Scales reducing time to get into instance will be a lot bigger scale burner than the repairing, and the price will recover even without repair using the scales (most likely)

To me personally it looks like the repairing gives more longevity to a set than what we currently have, and the items will last more evenly (I mean you can have tough luck now and break item fast and then dump it being damaged, but when repairing is there you can just fix and be back in business)

With breaks, I see no harm done. Without change, no harm done either. But that's just my opinion.

more longevity of an item with a price, that might be more expensive then as it is atm in the long run

Scale prices are already starting to spike back up just on the chance this will happen

if they are already spiking, then how will the price be after the feature of using them for instance time is in-game? probably even more, then this comes in game, and the price will go up even more.

sounds like were better off keeping it as it is now in the long run.

oh, and imagine the economy for dragon armors, they would probably go for about 100k each if everyone has a set and it just cant break cause it can be repaired all the time without much failrate

Radu, what other EL item would the dragon armor have a break rate like? Are we talking about break rates like the augmented leather armor or iron plate or ti plate or what?

Scale prices are already starting to spike back up just on the chance this will happen

if they are already spiking, then how will the price be after the feature of using them for instance time is in-game? probably even more, then this comes in game, and the price will go up even more.

I'm unaware of this part. And if this repairing is coming in game, that should definitely not.

As for the price spike, it's pretty much expected with a big change like this that will use them more. Didn't surprise me in the least. They're still a lot cheaper than they used to be, just not as cheap as they were when discussion in 6 first started. :)

Edited by Burn

regards,

But that's what saving stones are for, Gilrain.

yes ofcourse, but this is not relevant here imho.

The cost of successful repair is determined by the number of scales needed. The cost of unsuccessful repair is capped by saving stones - thats 2 different things. If you adjust degrading rate and adjust number of scales needed for repair, you have every freedom you need. The relevant cost is (or should be) the cost of successful repair imho.

Voted yes,

I think increase break rate + rapairing chances is something good to remove GC / scales from the ebul players.

I had suggested it few months ago, and im on for it.

I don't know how to vote without more information: 1) what would be required in terms of supplies to repair--how many scales, etc. (i believe radu suggested 1 scale for greaves and cuisses and 2 for plate); 2) what would be the range of the break rate increase?

In general sounds like a great idea, but the devil's in the details. Without more information, I wouldn't have a clue whether I'm in favor or not.

I think increase break rate + rapairing chances is something good to remove GC / scales from the ebul players.

The opposite will be true by the way. Scales are guaranteed drop and any char worth buying is able to get him/her one or two for a repair as opposed to the 10-fold in gc to replace it.

I don't know how to vote without more information: 1) what would be required in terms of supplies to repair--how many scales, etc. (i believe radu suggested 1 scale for greaves and cuisses and 2 for plate); 2) what would be the range of the break rate increase?

In general sounds like a great idea, but the devil's in the details. Without more information, I wouldn't have a clue whether I'm in favor or not.