Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

Remove PP buying

yes, but without removing pp buying

it is possible afaik, just increase the benefits from a/d levels and decrease the effects of attributes a bit

only c a upset mage who is pissed cuz he cant kill people in 1 harm anymore and now wanna remove pp buying so people cant max vit anymore :< and increase thoughness so he can 1 harm em again :<

only c a upset mage who is pissed cuz he cant kill people in 1 harm anymore and now wanna remove pp buying so people cant max vit anymore :< and increase thoughness so he can 1 harm em again :<

Sorry, I still can. The update changed nothing really for me :<

If this was actually on topic I'd ask for clarifications on some part of your post that makes no sense to me :medieval: All in all, if we don't want to look at the overall picture, why bother? If there actually was something else than omfg no it'd add to the topic and possibly prove those that think pp buying is bad bad to know better.

Only person that can do omfg no is radu, rest can debate, and personal whining can be done somewhere else.

This is interesting:

Would also be interesting to have nexus buy cost build up and then cap. 1st point 10 bars, 2nd 20, 3rd 30, 4th 40, 5th and more 50 bars ea, now a competitive player can take support nexus with bit more ease without it still not being no sweat.

The rest is based on the false assumption that the game is going to stay like it is now forever, with 178 OA cap, 48 att. cap, required nexus, etc.

(gone to look for nexus stones, i hear they are up to 400k now)

PP buying was very nice "side effect" of nexus and attribute removal stones at the start. But now, after ~year overview we all (almost) agree it's not balanced very well.

It should be removed ... but honestly, what with all those people who had benefit from this? We let their gained pickpoints be or should we "compensate" them somehow ... and how? I don't think it would be so simple... maybe Entropy is probably already thinking about this problem, that is the reason why he is still silent about this topic for now (as I have seen on the forum). :medieval:

Absolutely NO to remove negative perks - as many already said, they are balanced well and still attractive to many players, not only fighters who need to have as many pps in attributes as they can.

And yes, please leave the nexus buying with hydrobars as it is - fair for everyone, especially for the allrounders, nothing broken here.

Fedora's suggestion about nexus "switching" stone or NPC ideas are nice, I would pick one of these and remove nexus removals... my two cents :D

Course pp-buying should be removed... that's the most redicilous thing that ever made it in this game.

But then again, it's not like that is ever gonna happen.

What does toughness have to do with harm damage? :(

...or am i missing something?

mean fill up atributes to increase ur thoughnes abit witch protect u abit against harms :<
Thoughness should affect only combat damage, rationality attribute should protected against harm (and other offensive spells),or i am wrong?

I can't see PP buying being removed, mainly because it's a large GC sink! Also there's only about 50 players (OA ~150+) that can really benefit from buying nexus, and even less who truly benefit from converting that nexus to free PP.

Nexus = 500kgc

Nex Removal = 500kgc+

OA / Experience_per_an_hour = x_hours

Vs.

This many hours spent getting GC: x_hours * GC_per_hour

Rough example

150 OA (23,874,792exp) / 200k/h = 119.37396 hours

119.37396 hours * 6,000 GC/h = 716243.76 GC

GC < 500k = not worth nexus

GC 500l-1M = nexus w/o free PP

GC > 1m = nexus with free PP

Worth getting Nexus, not worth getting free PP. But it depends on the player, the above is just a thereabouts.

So really, what this relies on is foresight and p2p. Are you truly going to get the OA 160+ and still care so immensely or how much do you want to pay?

And when you're not stuffing around getting pretend OAs, you're probably working on getting skill exp - which is worth even more in my opinion. :(

Problem is Zen people both gain OA's and buy pickpoints, at the same time, and some people use 'other means' to obtain the required gc.

The main point of it all is that there should be a reasonable upper limit / softcap on character combat strength, a more average-joe-friendly character development cycle, and a requirement for good strategy with character build... and pickpoint buying adversely affects all those things.

I did not read this fully. I don't have time at this moment.

It sounds like you like the idea of the stones, but not the idea that they can be used in combination with using hydro bars to get nexus and then using a stone to get a pickpoint from it. That looked like a problem waiting to happen to me too.

If you wish to remove that combo for the filthy rich, why not have that npc that sells nexus take stones and (like the wraith) allow you to move them to another nexus and then remove the click use from the stones so that you must see that npc to make use of the stones?

if pp buying gets removed i want a refund, its BS that after that long time of training u finally get alot of gc with alot of luck and then suddenly have wasted it on something that gets removed

besides everyone can do this, so every average joe needs to get off his ass and save up aswell. after all the average joe with good setup and strategy will win from uber pp buyers if he uses the same means available to him

It sounds like you like the idea of the stones, but not the idea that they can be used in combination with using hydro bars to get nexus and then using a stone to get a pickpoint from it. That looked like a problem waiting to happen to me too.

If you wish to remove that combo for the filthy rich, why not have that npc that sells nexus, takes stones and (like the wraith) allow you to move them to another nexus and then remove the click use from the stones so that you must see that npc to make use of the stones?

Then don't post? :dry:

Now I have read it fully and ya know what? I still say the same thing....except the part about not reading it fully.

Also...

$->gc conversion is as easy as buying rosto or binding stone or whatever from Radu and then selling it on the market channel. That would be possible even if people did not sell gc for $.

The negative perks are just fine (I believe it was Fedora that said this first).

My idea of using the stones to let you swap nexus for other nexus was first stated by Fedora. I figure there is no harm in letting a person swap attribute points for nexus points.

I have underlined a small correction that I made to my first post. Punctuation and proper tenses count, after all. My original version may have confused folk.

if pp buying gets removed i want a refund, its BS that after that long time of training u finally get alot of gc with alot of luck and then suddenly have wasted it on something that gets removed

besides everyone can do this, so every average joe needs to get off his ass and save up aswell. after all the average joe with good setup and strategy will win from uber pp buyers if he uses the same means available to him

and that is why this game is still beta ^^

I love this idea. I'm not a fan of the pickpoint buying, but at some point I would love to re-buy my human nexus, and maybe take some other nexus. :)

Great idea, support it 100%.

Maybe you could finally get the nexus that will allow you to develop some other skills and make gc like that so that you won't have to buy gc anymore? :)

Seriously though, for now this is just a suggestion made by a player, and which is up here for discussion. No need to panic (yet).

I'd like the idea of the Stone more than anything, or, everyone gets there Overall back in PPs.. With no nexus/negs/bought PPs. I mean, people still trained to get those PPs, so they wouldn't be loosing a whole lot.. It would just be training or whatever, like you normally would.

The idea of the stone being sold, is only some people would use it, and then the people who don't use it, still have their bought PPs, which solves nothing.

I still think nexus should be bought, but if Nexus Stones are removed, and an NPC is introduced that allows you to change where a nexus is placed, is good.. I also then think that Nexus shouldn't cost 50 Hydro Bars each, to allow a nice way to choosing some different skills.. I mean of course they should be expensive, but not as expensive.. Maybe the NPC that would do the Nexus thing, to be able to sell you a Nexus for GC, or other items, that value ~500-550k (Current Cost for 50 Hydro bars.) So it gives equal chance to everyone.

But I think this thread should be taken seriously by radu.. I think PP buying should change, for the good.

#Edit - It's not a bad thing to have those who train as the strongest, which is what we want? no?

Edited by Liquid

I can't see PP buying being removed, mainly because it's a large GC sink! Also there's only about 50 players (OA ~150+) that can really benefit from buying nexus, and even less who truly benefit from converting that nexus to free PP.

Nexus = 500kgc

Nex Removal = 500kgc+

OA / Experience_per_an_hour = x_hours

Vs.

This many hours spent getting GC: x_hours * GC_per_hour

Rough example

150 OA (23,874,792exp) / 200k/h = 119.37396 hours

119.37396 hours * 6,000 GC/h = 716243.76 GC

GC < 500k = not worth nexus

GC 500l-1M = nexus w/o free PP

GC > 1m = nexus with free PP

Worth getting Nexus, not worth getting free PP. But it depends on the player, the above is just a thereabouts.

So really, what this relies on is foresight and p2p. Are you truly going to get the OA 160+ and still care so immensely or how much do you want to pay?

And when you're not stuffing around getting pretend OAs, you're probably working on getting skill exp - which is worth even more in my opinion. :)

A GC sink is only a GC sink if it removes it from the game/

Maybe you could finally get the nexus that will allow you to develop some other skills and make gc like that so that you won't have to buy gc anymore? :)

Seriously though, for now this is just a suggestion made by a player, and which is up here for discussion. No need to panic (yet).

and not be able to do the skill i like most anymore? sounds great...

would need to remove HoS, add a few more nexus and voila, fighter build fucked up.

a good idea would be depletable resources so theres less resources around to find nexus removals on :lurker:

a good idea would be depletable resources so theres less resources around to find nexus removals on :)

Sure, bring that up again, see how much income you'll be getting from your harvester alt if that ever gets implemented. Not to mention that subsequently you, your brother and a few others will have to bid even more insane amounts of gc for the nexus removals that ARE in game than you now already do.

You insist on coming up with ideas that benefit you and a minority of the current EL playerbase, but they will only make the shit even bigger for a vast majority, and most of all for future players and people who are just starting out in EL.

Edited by Dilly