Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

Remove PP buying

Nexus buying is good for long term plans and more possibilities for a char. What is a drawback now is ability to buy pps with removal stones. There are two opinions of this ofc, but since we have caps now it is a bit dull for the overall picture. Every top fighter is making same build, no need to use much strategy but to go on with brute OP of pps. I'm not saying those aren't deserved pps, hard work it is.

Wiping all bought pps from game is a big issue, and some compensation is expected and just reading topic of this post is enough to snort peas to nostrils and shout out I quit.

I think this for only more levelled field of character base, and my suggestion is likely to have some flaws. Do correct me if it's outrageously wrong.

Think of a new shop item, a "Rolling Stone." Same as reset command, but counts all your skill exp and gives you the oa it'd be in total (scholars day bonus is minor loss here, ignore it) This obviously is not a cheap item. Now those top fighter pp buyers have easy way to redo build. (The stone being shamelessly stolen idea from Lorck)

Remove negative perks. Now your oa matters more. Also less pps total, so you will need to think more of the build.

Atm nexus stones aren't used to remove failed setup on nexi, but to buy pps. Also make an npc you can use to remove a nexus point to another nexus.

Would also be interesting to have nexus buy cost build up and then cap. 1st point 10 bars, 2nd 20, 3rd 30, 4th 40, 5th and more 50 bars ea, now a competitive player can take support nexus with bit more ease without it still not being no sweat.

I believe with removed pp buying, several oldbies would come back to game. The game would be more balanced and require more teamwork in some aspects.

All the pp buy removing takes is more work for the ones fixing it and some sacrifice on player part. Tho there is word "beta" which in itself allows stfu on that matter ;)

And I bet some players would be willing to go for the sacrifice if some bought pps are returned as nexus / serp with warranty / rolling stone or even agreement to remove BRoD and orange spam from game. :lurker:

(create - fire - protection)

Edited by Dugur

Atm nexus stones aren't used to remove failed setup on nexi, but to buy pps. Also make an npc you can use to remove a nexus point to another nexus.
Agreed.

I don't agree on every aspect of your post, but I do agree with the bottom line; remove PP buying.

Eventually there will be people with all attibs maxed, how's that for a character build?

The longer the situation remains this way the harder is to undo the effects.

Notice also 178 max oa would make maximum of 4 attributes 48.

What this means is that there are no more toughness beasts like now, so the underpoweredness of great swords against dragon armour will also be leveled a bit as a result.

Also the oh so talked mage build will be more demanding, you actually need to build the char properly. Not just take easy 80 oa and perk up for max ratio.

Fully agree on removing PP buying.

Keep the perks, after all they're balanced.

Turn nexus removals in nexus switchers (trade the stone to a NPC and choose where to move a nexus point).

For those who can't live without the option of having a edge on others by spending money...why not make the nexus points give a sort of bonus (small), so the more you buy

the more you get proficient in your profession. Something as, add a human/5 to att/def, or more interestingly a +(animal/5)% to summons strenght :devlish: , or a magic/5 to spell power...and so on (probably already suggested somewhere).

Or, even more interestingly, following the path of the AP potions, implement the possibility of buying a permanent +1 (up to a cap) to one of your preferred skill feature. So fighters can buy their accuracy or whatever, summoners their pets power, mages their annoying eye candy :P...and why not, manuers an increased make rare...

Buy your nexi, and specialize.

On a side note, this way you could somewhat easily compensate who bought pps already, by allowing them to redistribute pps on nexi/features.

*saves $100 for a Rolling Stone*

EDIT

adding mumblings...

Edited by Fedora

Agree with Dugur for the most part.

Every top fighter is making same build, no need to use much strategy but to go on with brute OP of pps. I'm not saying those aren't deserved pps, hard work it is.

Wiping all bought pps from game is a big issue, and some compensation is expected and just reading topic of this post is enough to snort peas to nostrils and shout out I quit.

Not just (top)fighters buy pickpoints, there are allrounders and mixers who have bought pickpoints (possibly more than many people are aware of) and left them on the nexus just like that (myself being one of them). Should those who use the thing for what it was (as I believe) originally meant for? I agree it that the system now isn't leading to a challenging situation for fighters, but would be more in favor of somehow not allowing a bought nexus to be 'moved' to attributes, meanwhile still allowing for people to correct an honest, yet costly mistake.

Which is why I was very happy to read a new name for something myself and a few others have previously also brought up in the past:

Think of a new shop item, a "Rolling Stone." Same as reset command, but counts all your skill exp and gives you the oa it'd be in total (scholars day bonus is minor loss here, ignore it) This obviously is not a cheap item. Now those top fighter pp buyers have easy way to redo build. (The stone being shamelessly stolen idea from Lorck)

Thank you for once again bringing up the 'soft reset' option. I'm still in favor of getting such a possibility, and even agree that it shouldn't be cheap, nor widely available. Here again, this wouldn't just be used by fighters, and would be a positive move for the entire playerbase. In my opinion, of course :P

All the pp buy removing takes is more work for the ones fixing it and some sacrifice on player part. Tho there is word "beta" which in itself allows stfu on that matter :devlish:

And I bet some players would be willing to go for the sacrifice if some bought pps are returned as nexus / serp with warranty / rolling stone or even agreement to remove BRoD and orange spam from game. :P

Let's see if already teh God is interested and what his proposal would be first :P

(create - fire - protection)

(water essence)

I agree that negative perks (apart from skeptic) should be removed. It is not hard to reach 130 or 140 overall without taking negative perks. All negative perks do is give certain people an unfair amount of free pickpoints in exchange for game features such as #beam me that they don't need. Why take negative perks when by the time you have good overall, you can have 48/48 p/c?

I personally would rather see nexus buying and removal stones staying in the game, I am saving up to buy a few myself. Thats my option as many others have done before.

The problem isnt those that do the hard work themselves, making their own gc throughout various skills in game. For me its the uber rich gc buyers who have endless money to throw around buying their way to the top. You are not going to be able to solve that its life some people are rich and the rest of us are not. Ban totally gc selling for real money and you would seriously reduce the amount of pp's getting bought by the uber rich and everyone wishing to buy them would have to work for them like the rest of us.

I feel the most people that would like to see pick point buying removed will be the fighters amoungst us as the majority of fighters have very little other skills, now before you all jump in flaming me i am not talking about all fighters, there are some out there that are high in a lot of lvl's not just A/D. Its the lower lvl fighter who will support this because they cant afford to buy pp's and keep getting killed in KF buy super characters (mostly bought buy the rich again).

There are arenas all around EL with limits in them, not used very much, but they are an option if you dont want to get battered by a super fighter or impliment zone areas in KF like instance A/D limits where your super fighters cant attack junior fighters but junior fighters can roam all over and attack the higher lvl fighter if they wish and at their own peril.

On a last note i am not having a go at fighters here, i too some day wish to PK but am still training my character, but i know when i go into a no limit pk area i am going to die buy someone stronger, that is the game. It takes time to lvl up and the gap is there from the gc buyers not hard workers.

Davy

As would be obvious to anyone who knows me; I completely support the suggestions Dugur has brought forward, and hope that the impeccable logic of these arguments is finally seen, and acted upon.

There are arenas all around EL with limits in them

Those arena's are still susceptible to the ill effects of pp buying.

---------------------------------------

Nexus buying = :devlish:

Pickpoint buying = :P

wouldnt be able to happen if gc buying was banned as noobs would not be able to aford the hydro or removal stones

Yes, but then somebody would need to go through all "suspicious" trades on regular basis and even then it would be hard to tell that player XYZ bought gc for RL money ..

wouldnt be able to happen if gc buying was banned as noobs would not be able to aford the hydro or removal stones

Yes, but then somebody would need to go through all "suspicious" trades on regular basis and even then it would be hard to tell that player XYZ bought gc for RL money ..

If you would like to stop gc buying completely, it would also mean you'd like to see the EL shop closed (not everyone buys gc from players), and as I doubt that's an option there will always be people who get that 'unfair' advantage. Not very likely to happen, better yet, not a great idea at all.

I think Korrode phrased it as short and as clearly as possible:

Nexus buying = :devlish:

Pickpoint buying = :P

With that in mind, whether or not someone purchases the nexus with 'bought' gc doesn't even matter as much anymore, right? After all, the effect of a nexus more or less is mostly focused on the character itself and one will still need to work to gain levels to be reasonably able to mix certain items in the nexus range, while having 'extra' attributes absolutely gives an advantage also affecting others (mostly in combat).

Edited by Dilly

Nexus buying is good for long term plans and more possibilities for a char. What is a drawback now is ability to buy pps with removal stones. There are two opinions of this ofc, but since we have caps now it is a bit dull for the overall picture. Every top fighter is making same build, no need to use much strategy but to go on with brute OP of pps. I'm not saying those aren't deserved pps, hard work it is.

Fully agree.

Hmm... I don't really know about this. IMO it would be better if it gives you the oa it was before resetting or rather using the stone. It would make resetting "too easy" and you would even get profit from it. Just train your char, then make "real" reset when you don't get good exp anymore, train again with pretty good exp and continue to do so until you have uber pr0 a/d. Then just buy the stone and you'll get really high oa very easily. So I'd say no to this idea.

Remove negative perks. Now your oa matters more. Also less pps total, so you will need to think more of the build.

Nuunuu! I like neg perks :devlish: Well for real I wouldn't care if they were removed. But I say nothing to this, since I don't care what happens to them.

Would also be interesting to have nexus buy cost build up and then cap. 1st point 10 bars, 2nd 20, 3rd 30, 4th 40, 5th and more 50 bars ea, now a competitive player can take support nexus with bit more ease without it still not being no sweat.

\o/

Edited by Miiks

There is no way i can think to stop the $->gc conversion. Even in games where it is blatantly against the rules it still happens. And yeah, korrode stated it all perfectly.

Edit:

It would make resetting "too easy" and you would even get profit from it. Just train your char, then make "real" reset when you don't get good exp anymore, train again with pretty good exp and continue to do so until you have uber pr0 a/d. Then just buy the stone and you'll get really high oa very easily. So I'd say no to this idea.
Just make the stone really expensive. The stone could be an "one" lifetime use only. Like you can only use a stone once per character.

There are removals for most things nowadays, but before that you could do only #reset to remove nexus and perks. I remember me, NItager, and some other folks resetting once because the SRs got changed and there was no point to continue to make potions if you was a fighter, so the pickpoints you put in vegetal would be lost. Then years later your OA exp you had was gone forever? NO CHANCE of getting it back? A bit hard, no?

Edited by Lorck

Just make the stone really expensive. There are removals from anything nowadays, but before that you could do only #reset to remove pick points. I remember me, NItager, and some other folks resetting once because the SRs got changed and there was no point to continue to make potions if you was a fighter, so the pickpoints you put in vegetal would be lost. Then years later your OA you had was gone forever? NO CHANCE of getting it back? A bit hard, no?

Even it would cost 1000$, there would be people buying them with RL money and gc.

Yes it is hard, but it's the point in resetting. It kinda makes the original idea of this thread pointless, since there would be 160 a/d people with nearly max oa. IMO it's even worse than PP buying.

Edit: And again ebul IRL rich people gets the biggest profit.

Edited by Miiks

Just make the stone really expensive. There are removals from anything nowadays, but before that you could do only #reset to remove pick points. I remember me, NItager, and some other folks resetting once because the SRs got changed and there was no point to continue to make potions if you was a fighter, so the pickpoints you put in vegetal would be lost. Then years later your OA you had was gone forever? NO CHANCE of getting it back? A bit hard, no?

Even it would cost 1000$, there would be people buying them with RL money and gc.

You can always make the stone one lifetime use only. And i doubt if radu made the thing $1000 people would use it often. Just think about chars, how many chars sells for over $5k or so? And even if they do use the stone often, if they spend k's of $ in the shop, radu would be happy.
Yes it is hard, but it's the point in resetting.
I did reset to recover from an error i dont even did, read above.
Soon there would be people with maxed oa this way and it kinda makes the original idea of this thread pointless, since there would be those 160 a/d people with nearly max oa. IMO it's even worse than PP buying.
No, 2Billion exp is not easy to get. The #1 OA is probably at least one year away to get it. And who cares anyways, the people worked in game to get exp, i can't believe that is "worse" than just get a credit card and buy some pps without do much stuff in the game at all.
Edit: And again ebul IRL rich people gets the biggest profit.
If they work in game to get great exp, i don't care if they are evil or good, rich or poor, i will respect them.

I completely support the removal of pp buying but I wouldn't like to see negs out of the game since they aren't out of reach for anyone and they do come with a price.

I'm not going to argue more about this, but still I don't like this idea.

As I said earlier, it would make training too easy. People were crying about TS and now you want to make it easier again? This game includes lots of sacrifies. Just see how Masterpited made his way to the top. He sacrified his oa and then trained it back. Think how pissed he would be if he came back and saw there was that kind of stone now. He worked more than a year to get his oa that high after reset and now he just needs to buy the fucking stone and get higher oa than ever.

Edit: Again I'd rather see that attributes made less important and a/d and other skills would matter more.

Edited by Miiks

As I said earlier, it would make training too easy. People were crying about TS and now you want to make it easier again? This game includes lots of sacrifies. Just see how Masterpited made his way to the top. He sacrified his oa and then trained it back. Think how pissed he would be if he came back and saw there was that kind of stone now. He worked more than a year to get his oa that high after reset and now he just needs to buy the fucking stone and get higher oa than ever.

I can't see why Masterpiter could not benefit from it as well. He would just get an even higher OA. And i remember masterpiter being upset when the SRs changed and his pp's put into vegetal nexus gone to the garbage. Then i resetted to get "clean OA", and i still get penalised for that?

no to both, neg perks are fine and pp buying is available for all ^^

besides how would you compensate for all the lost bought pp? would ruin the economy if they get gc for it, ~30-50mil gc going to each top player,

instead let a/d count more

instead let a/d count more

I take it that by that, you mean: skill level should be overpowering, instead of attributes having a mega enhancing effect on a skill making it so that someone with a lower skill but smart attribute build can still outdo the one with the higher level?

Just getting it clear, so there's no misunderstandings.

Edited by Dilly

I can't see why Masterpiter could not benefit from it as well. He would just get an even higher OA. And i remember masterpiter being upset when the SRs changed and his pp's put into vegetal nexus gone to the garbage. Then i resetted to get "clean OA", and i still get penalised for that?

That was sarcasm. I was trying to point how "easy" it would be to get high a/d and high oa by resetting pretty often and then getting good exp from mobs again. Then I remembered that there is things called attribute removals that can do the same thing w/o resetting... :devlish: I'm thinking too oldschool way lol.

But still I'm bit aware about this idea. It just would make pr0s even more stronger and make bigger cap between them and players who started playing later than them. As I said earlier, oa matters too much. I'll just throw the wild card here and say that all melee fighting related attributes should be removed (or their effect to melee fighting) and make a/d the only thing that matters in fighting.

Edit: For real that would be bit boring if just a/d matter so the person who has highest a/d, always wins.

Edited by Miiks