Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
asgnny

Sigil price adjustments

Quite simply, I propose modifying the price for sigils to gradually increase, making magic more friendly to new players who often find the 1.1k for increase & health to be quite a burden, and a bit of a barrier to entry/ gc sink for more advance players. Harvesting 2200 lilacs (or 3000 to include the global sigil) is boring for someone who will likely have low carrying capacity.

To offset the decrease in npc revenue from the less expensive first sigils, create a minor barrier to entry for "mage" types, and yes, a gc sink, I propose the following:

Note: I have not yet considered a cost for every sigil along the way, but the following are nonetheless within scale of what I have in mind.

Increase: 50gc

Health: 50gc

Global: 100gc

.. .

Temporary: 600gc

Decrease: 600gc

Life: 600gc (these three sigils are for the poison spell - a bit more expensive because they are "negative" spells, so a bit of a barrier to entry for the "mage" type)

Move: 500

Change: 500

Local: 500

Space: 500 (teleport to range)

Create: 500gc

Matter: 500gc

Protection: 500gc (shield spell, often used to level magic)

Remove: 1500gc (used with harm & life drain, along with other previously purchased sigils)

Restore: 800gc (used with life for restoration)

Magic: 2500gc (used with move & change for mana drain)

Knowledge: 8000gc (used for advanced spells, such as invisibility)

Interesting. I would not doubt it if the prices were adjusted again, but I like the idea in general.

Of course, helping new players manage to get the beginning sigils is sometimes a recruiting method of some guilds.

Why not just modify the price for any sigil by how many the character already has? Say that it becomes more difficult to "teach" a sigil as you learn more. This could also give a reason to have a "unlearn" option.

Although, I think that Entropy was intending to replace the sigil magic system with separate spells. That would be a shame, as the sigil could be developed to give a very flexible and imaginative system...

Trollson, if he replaces the sigil system...wow...that would be different. If it happens or he starts discussing it publicly, I guess I will have to pay attention and see what is going on.

I like this idea, it makes sence that it would be a diffrent cost to diffrent sigils the more use it has the more expencive and maby even a lvl base cost, higher lvl spell more gc for the sigils.