Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zamorack

New Channel (Guild Channel)

General Chat should be for just chatting, not recruitment for guilds. Can another channel be made?

General Chat should be for just chatting, not recruitment for guilds. Can another channel be made?

In the past, that has been one of the uses for Channel 4, EL General (EL related not falling into other channels).

Whenever anyone asks what topic channel 4 is, I always say its the guild recruitment/ gnome roasting channel.

I would be all for moving guild recruitment to channel 12345 :)

That would save me some keystrokes making channel 4 the gnome roasting channel. :)

As opposed to starting new this issue again, I am following this thread.

Channel #4, EL General Chat has become strictly recruitment messages and lost it's chat purpose. Channel #6 Invasion Chat has become a general chat channel and I'm confused!

The Help Channels plus Market Channel make sense of themselves, but EL General Chat should be just that and the advertising should have it's own channel. I miss updating my player status among regular friends without using the Invasion Channel to find them.

#4 Did serve a purpose, and was always worth the modding I think. It would be nice to have it back.

Thanks.... Sam, Mugwump, Piggy

Advertisement with decreased audience serves a decreased purpose. There won't be as much of a purpose of advertising for a guild on a channel that people only go to when they are really looking for a guild. There may be some that would not be opposed to the idea of joining a guild, but don't wish to actively seek out a guild. Those people can sometimes make great guild members, but if what you ask happens, we will not be able to reach them.

As for channel 6.....I think the purpose of that channel has been totally butchered, but that is just my two cents. Now, channel 20 has no use because channel 6 stole all the off-topic chatter.