Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Do you have eough slots in your Inventory?

Would you like to have 42 Slots, and not 36?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have 42 Slots, and not 36?

• Yes I would love 42 slots.
    • No, I like it at 36 slots.
    • I don't care because I'm a non-PK'er.
    • Other. (Provide info below.)

We were having a discussion in #GM today about not having enough slots.

Now there are so many weapons/choices of armor, potions, essences to carry around with you when you PK, increasing the Inventory slots to 42 (Just adding another row of 6 slots.) seems like a perfect idea.

Comments, suggestions, ideas?

:D

I like it at 32 slots. this limits the weapons and stuff you can bring inside and therefor requires more strategic thinking into what is really needed and what not.

I like it the way it is also, and this applies to invasion fighters as well - having to decide on what mix of items to carry is part of the strategy, as LL already said. :D

I like it at 36 slots.

Adding more slots will mean the bots will can sell more stuff, and you can carry more swords for minning rear metals as hydro or wolframite (wich i think it is the true motive of this post)

I don't care because I'm a non-PK'er.

I posted no I like the 36 slots because I am so used to them and don't really see a big need for more.

The above quoted option should change though because amount of slots in not solely for PK'ers. *Thinks of non-PKing harvesters loving to carry more s2e or other sword for minerals and also bots that cannot PK being allowed to have more items for sale or a higher amount of non-stacking items on it.

It would be nice to have extra slots but tbh I don't feel it is needed.

I like it as it is now.

It doesnt make sense to bring the whole sto to pk with u.

Edit: typo

Edited by Istiach

I like the 36 slots. I think the game is balanced for certain skills (like manufacture, and their helms) and pk to not have that many slots. I mean, its fun to build a nice inv for pk, don't take away the fun, please. :D

and this applies to invasion fighters as well

I just will never believe that anyone at all regularly has sat there 'umming and arring' about what to sacrifice before going to fight in an invasion.

----------------------------------

I'm all for keeping things strategic, but in the case of inv slots i think an increase would be good, especially considering some of the other proposed changes atm that look like they're going to go through.

I just will never believe that anyone at all regularly has sat there 'umming and arring' about what to sacrifice before going to fight in an invasion.

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I bring, accu, att, invis & anti pots as well as a health, air, death, energy, spirit and matter ess. Often I bring a CoL in case my RDHoLaM breaks and moon meds in case my gath. med breaks. I also bring an assortment of melee weapons and often ranged weapons and arrows/bolts. The slots fill up.

I voted don't care. Having more slots would let me carry more s2e when harvesting hydro. It would not have any other effect on me. I don't think it would increase the cost of rare metals because the cost of harvesting them would remain the same; it would just be a little faster.

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I bring, accu, att, invis & anti pots as well as a health, air, death, energy, spirit and matter ess. Often I bring a CoL in case my RDHoLaM breaks and moon meds in case my gath. med breaks. I also bring an assortment of melee weapons and often ranged weapons and arrows/bolts. The slots fill up.

Then you take too much stuff with you. The chances of breaking most equipment is small enough if you have NMT cape/perk. Even if it breaks, you can just tele to a safe map with storage, and replace the item lost. Full assortment of essences is essencial, some srs and coord pots, maybe 1 melee weapon or two in the inv, ranged weaps if you like, but no reason to bring the whole sto with ya to fight an invasion, you can tele and restock at any time. Edited by Lorck

Then you take too much stuff with you. The chances of breaking most equipment is small enough if you have NMT cape/perk. Even if it breaks, you can just tele to a safe map with storage, and replace the item lost. Full assortment of essences is essencial, some srs and coord pots, maybe 1 melee weapon or two in the inv, ranged weaps if you like, but no reason to bring the whole sto with ya to fight an invasion, you can tele and restock at any time.

That's your opinion, and it depends on the invasion. At the onset, I come prepared. This is off-topic now tho. So I'm the only one who fills up my slots for invasions, life goes on.

Then you take too much stuff with you. The chances of breaking most equipment is small enough if you have NMT cape/perk. Even if it breaks, you can just tele to a safe map with storage, and replace the item lost. Full assortment of essences is essencial, some srs and coord pots, maybe 1 melee weapon or two in the inv, ranged weaps if you like, but no reason to bring the whole sto with ya to fight an invasion, you can tele and restock at any time.

And that comment right there, proves that you don't PK in the current system. And at people moaning..

* More slots on a Bot is a bad thing how? They can hold more items, more variety, easier to find items.

* More Swords for Harvesting, so what? Makes it a bit easier, and may save a trip or two.

Oh well. ^^

And that comment right there, proves that you don't PK in the current system. And at people moaning..
And this comment proves that you can't read.. i was commenting about INVASION.
* More slots on a Bot is a bad thing how? They can hold more items, more variety, easier to find items.
Yes, it affects other parts of the game too.
* More Swords for Harvesting, so what? Makes it a bit easier, and may save a trip or two.
Not that big advantage considering the other impacts on the game... and i think the price of the "special" ores would increase as well. Edited by Lorck

Not that big advantage considering the other impacts on the game... and i think the price of the "special" ores would increase as well.

Err... you're saying that making the ores easier to get would make the price increase??

If there were to be a price adjustment, i'd have thought it'd be the other way around...

Not that big advantage considering the other impacts on the game... and i think the price of the "special" ores would increase as well.

Err... you're saying that making the ores easier to get would make the price increase??

If there were to be a price adjustment, i'd have thought it'd be the other way around...

Err... decrease sorry, it was a mistake. :confused::brooding:

I voted for more slots, but maybe would be good to consider to add some slots for more wearable item too (for example combination of armor parts or multiple weapons, or more medals or clothes).

hi, I would like it if the mule has 2x 36 slots. he has more emu - two bags - so why not have 72 slots?

It was like that in Dungeon Siege. Not a bad idea. It would make hydro mining a lot faster, that's for sure.

hi, I would like it if the mule has 2x 36 slots. he has more emu - two bags - so why not have 72 slots?

It was like that in Dungeon Siege. Not a bad idea. It would make hydro mining a lot faster, that's for sure.

Why not carry the swords ingreds and mix on the cave? The game should not be served in a silver plate...

I would like to see you go to Hydro being a donkey um, ok mule. i wonder how would you pass lava being naked and low hp... oh and also u know some ppl PK there :) but ok somehow it would be possible... well it is possible now to carry ings to hydro as a mule... but somehow i didnt see a single person doing that... maybe cuz of few reasons i pointed :)

Why not carry the swords ingreds and mix on the cave? The game should not be served in a silver plate...

well Lorck some ppl does that, but not many ... its just the way ppl likes to do it, some mix there, some mix in sto peacefully, and carry only s2es :)

ah and ... for PK , well if we had more slots we would defenatelly use them, espec for acc, eva pots and other stoofs :)

but i would love it for hydro :brooding:

btw i wont wote, cuz nothing will change anyway. my oppinion, maybe im wrong :confused:

Two reasons

Ebul mages have low emu :brooding:

And not everyone that mixes s2e, mines hydro, so people buy just the swords :confused:

I voted "other".

I would like more slots for myself.

I would not like pkers to have more slots to fill with things to kill you with and it would probably make it less challenging for them anyways.

I think bots should have more slots.

I think it would be logical for a mule to have more slots, but programming it might be hard for Radu or whoever he has doing the server coding for it.

I think more slots would effect combat and the economy.

I think Radu probably has more important things to consider than this, since I am hoping for the next EL client release. The new stuff looks really cool from what I saw.

So.......basically, I have mixed feelings about this and think the idea should not be implemented right now even if folk did think it was a good idea which it looks like they like 36 slots.

On a side note, please keep in mind that there is more to EL than just pk. Assuming everyone will think of this with only pk in mind is not very wise of you.

Hmmmm...Wizzy mentioned the mages....and after seeing that, I thought there is even a possibility that increasing the number of slots could be a way to punish mages for being mages.

Edited by nathanstenzel