Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mauler

New monster ideas

I just thought it would be good to have Wizard/warlock monsters, that harm you and do other spells on you - this could make the will attribute more useful to full fighters!

Also, conjurer monsters. They could summon more monsters onto you, this could make it so you have to group up with ur guild or something, to defeat them!

what do u think..? :(

Edited by Mauler

All mobs with some form of AI boost are cool. Look at Lenny, or the Ants :(

But I can imagine it costs a lot of time to program (and test!) new AI so I don't expect miracles.

Still, it would be cool to have a mage/conjurer type mob, an improved (and more human) version of Lenny...

I just thought it would be good to have Witch monsters, that harm you and do other spells on you - this could make the will attribute more useful to full fighters!

Also, conjurer monsters. They could summon more monsters onto you, this could make it so you have to group up with ur guild or something, to defeat them!

what do u think..? :(

I think we would need bishop mobs too that hit you over the head with a certain book ...also we would need flying houses in order to kill said witch mobs??? *shakes head* I mean really?

Yeah but dont get me wrong, i dont want more lenny's, or ants, I want more mobs, to add a new dimension to the game.

The conjurer mob could be like a new lenny, to make ppl call for their guildies help when they find it and maybe their name could be announced when they defeat it.

But i would really mainly love new warlock/wizard monsters in the game that people actually train on. :(

I heard yesterday that Learner made his bot TPTR. This gave me the idea ;>

Edited by Mauler

Yeah but dont get me wrong, i dont want more lenny's, or ants, I want more mobs, to add a new dimension to the game.

The conjurer mob could be like a new lenny, to make ppl call for their guildies help when they find it and maybe their name could be announced when they defeat it.

But i would really mainly love new warlock/wizard monsters in the game that people actually train on. :(

I heard yesterday that Learner made his bot TPTR. This gave me the idea ;>

Pretty sure she's talking about stereotypes. There are real-life witches, y'know.

Mana burn, give Cooldown, paralize...these could be consider as spells since they use mana and you can reduce/avoid them using magic resistance spell or armor with high magic resistance like bronze.

Anyway I had suggested for a vampire with Life Drain before... :pickaxe:

Edited by dipi

I kind of like this idea. I guess mainly it would be a farming mob as noone would be able to train on it, it could drop HE's (mainly) and other essences. That would drop the ridiculous price of HE's. Plus maybe break a few warlocks cloaks if they could be made to effectively help you kill them to reduce damage properly(as warlocks cloaks reduce magic damage) as they are rarely used.

Plus I think it would add greatly to the RP aspect of the game.

Edited by Hermit

...and you'd need to use a Sponge on them to catch them. I guess I'll call my Sponge Bob, or maybe Squarepants, haven't decided yet.

Actually I would like to see new monsters with same a/d/p/c with the existing monsters, killing 30k fcw or yeti is boring enough. But killing different stuff and getting same exp/gc etc would be a little exciting for the ones who love to train :P

Or there could be a monster that would have the same a/d as the one who is fighting it (only in single maps):P

now that is an awesome idea.

I like the idea of creatures that could cast spells. Currently, they only have poison, mana burn, cooldown and paralyze that I know of.

Goblin witch - Summons male and female armed goblins and casts harm and poison

Orc shaman - casts harm, life drain, shield

Doppleganger clone - duplicates your weapons and armor and switches gear as you do. Maintains that form until it hits the next opponent. Initial form of male ogre.

Note that their are a few witch houses/caves and a shapeshifter temple in EL. Sounds like perfect places for such creatures.

There is also a hut in GP and some huts in MM which could serve as a place for such things.

I like Dipi's vampire idea too and there are several tombs/crypts in EL. If vampires could summon, it would probably summon rats, spiders and skeletons.

Edited by nathanstenzel

that makes no sense.

tri means 3.

So 3 eyes?

am i missing something?

and which animal/mob poisons?

only skunk?

that makes no sense.

tri means 3.

So 3 eyes?

am i missing something?

and which animal/mob poisons?

only skunk?

Red snakes have a chance of poisoning you.

I think Natsume was joking about a triclops having 2 eyes, but it is hard to tell around here.

am i missing something?

Are you even surprised with it?

Yes, I was joking with three-eyed cyclops and two-eyed triclops.