Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Bronze sword adjustments

Bronze sword changes  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the bronze sword should be less overpowered?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, how do you think it should be done?

• Decrease the damage
    • Increase the break rate
    • Voted No

lol so after he's poofed 150kgc worth of saving stones to make a 60kgc CoL... :)

Very true. At level 79 crafting, I would say I'd get 70% success rate on gatherer medallions even with god blessing. there's no way a level 30 crafter can make a Col with only 7 or 8 tries.

Edited by hussam

I like how ppl voted no, that bronze should not be less overpowered, but then voted for either less damage or higher break rate - the numbers just don't add up. This poll was just far too complicated. :)

Personally, I like the sword just the way it is, for PvE, but if changing it makes the game more enjoyable for the ~70 odd people who voted to change it, fantastic. :)

Nice sir_exeus your signature says it all. ^^

Hey, if the game picks up I might start playing again :)

But I think you can agree I am right :)

Just leave it as it is.

Nobody will ever be happy no matter what you do to it. It works well for PvE and better for PvP.

Sombody will always complain :)

But I think you can agree I am right :)

Yes, ofc, it's an age old cliché: You can please some people some of the time, but not all people all of the time.

No you won't, you're banned.

lol so after he's poofed 150kgc worth of saving stones to make a 60kgc CoL... :)

I am not sure how much he would poof to make the CoL, probably much less than that. But so would the 110 a/d fighter that wants to kill the 150 fighter.

I am not sure how much he would poof to make the CoL, probably much less than that. But so would the 110 a/d fighter that wants to kill the 150 fighter.

Years ago I remember some with 30 crafting + god blessing making a col with zero critical fails 3 fails.. So anything is possible ^^

Nah, the 110 a/d'er just gets a few lucky crits with teh OP bronzie and presto.

Anyways, poll results talk louder than words :)

Also, if you like the bronze sword as it is for PvE Radu, why not just use the PvP Damage Multiplier discussed in the other thread to drop it's damage for PvP only?

Almost everyone agreed the Multiplier was a good idea ^^

Just leave it as it is.

Nobody will ever be happy no matter what you do to it. It works well for PvE and better for PvP.

Sombody will always complain :)

So let me see if i have this right...

You're against changes that will make players happier, but you only want to start playing again if the game "picks up"...

Seriously, if i ever hear "Leave it as it is because no one will every be happy" on a certain other game development related forum i'm an admin of, i'm going to ban whoever said it.

These types of people contribute nothing and are worthless to have involved in the development.

lol so after he's poofed 150kgc worth of saving stones to make a 60kgc CoL... :P

Years ago I remember some with 30 crafting + god blessing making a col with zero critical fails 3 fails.. So anything is possible ^^

Only with lots of luck... And you cannot extrapolate one case and apply to all. I still think its very very hard for someone with low 30's crafting to make a COL. The chances are all against that guy.

Anyway, i made that analogy to try to make a point: that is, masterzen was claiming that the changes would benefit only the "strong pk'ers" and would harm the chances of someone with 110 a/d defeat someone with 150 a/d.

I think the 110 a/d guy should not have decent chance, because someone worked to get to 150 a/d, and its not fair that their levels does not matter in fighting... in the same way its not fair that suddenly characters with low level in a mixing skill start to make items that requires high levels.

And the change that entropy suggested in the multiplier thread would make pk cheaper, and hopefully, more people can pk, without great imbalance of the system as a role. I really like it.

Edited by Lorck

I think the 110 a/d guy should not have decent chance, because someone worked to get to 150 a/d, and its not fair that their levels does not matter in fighting... more or less like its not fair that suddenly characters with low level in a mixing skill start to make items that requires high levels.

It's a MMORPG anyway.

Once the Cutlass actually does a little damage again, the weaker guy just gets a few of his friends and off they go w/ BP's n cuttys (or some of them rapiers) and pwnt the stronger guy.

There'll still be plenty of ways to kill stronger people, especially if they're not great PK'ers.

Yes Korrode, i was talking about 1vs1. And yes, its a MMO, one aspect of the game should depend on the others, like one thing should not be uberimbalanced for pk, else everyone will use that same thing, and this aspect of the game gets monotone and tedious.

And yes, the weaker guy can use rings, for instance, or summons, or can team up to pwn the strong guy, etc.

Edited by Lorck

And also consider this...

To get from level 110 to level 150 a/d takes

L150-L110 = 430,153,091

and to get to level 110 a/d from level 1 takes

L110-L1 = 71,217,402

That is over 6 times the amount of exp between the two which is huge.

Don't get me wrong, I like the bronze sword the way it is because of the risk/reward factor involved. But if it were changed I would hope the break rate get lowered as I stated before.

Anyway, i made that analogy to try to make a point: that is, masterzen was claiming that the changes would benefit only the "strong pk'ers" and would harm the chances of someone with 110 a/d defeat someone with 150 a/d.

I think the 110 a/d guy should not have decent chance, because someone worked to get to 150 a/d, and its not fair that their levels does not matter in fighting... in the same way its not fair that suddenly characters with low level in a mixing skill start to make items that requires high levels.

And the change that entropy suggested in the multiplier thread would make pk cheaper, and hopefully, more people can pk, without great imbalance of the system as a role. I really like it.

I just wanna look for a way to make pk interesting for everyone in any lvl, i go into KF often, once i'm planning to leave for bed i make some runs there..

Sometimes 2 or 3 people there, sometimes there are 7-8 people there..

Both times, i get jumped by all KF..

Sure u can say, make friends and get in as a group, but this shouldn't be how it has to be..

I don't mind getting ganged, i just die a few times (already at -11 pki), but it will destroy most of the peoples interest in PK..

Most people i talk to about pk (while they're not being a pk'er), they tell me they don't pk cause of this fact..

So the bronze sword, the summon stones and some armor, made the gap a bit smaller, pk was more crowdy..

I just get the feeling that changing these weaps and armors u will have dead pk quick enough, most of the times the fighters (invisble runs made me see this) in kf just stand at entrance "all day" already..

Especially when u think bout the fact that the 2 biggest pk guilds at the moment, are friendly with eachother..

I just get the feeling that changing these weaps and armors u will have dead pk quick enough
You may note that the people who stand in kf all day use bronze swords too, in case of need (they have tons of gc to spare...). Also, its just make the pk more expensive for *everyone*. Also it makes it more boring for *everyone*. What is the best weapon against character X? 100% of times is bronze sword. :P Its not an equalizer between levels, the strong people use the bronze too.
most of the times the fighters (invisble runs made me see this) in kf just stand at entrance "all day" already..
Yes, its this way for long time. Those are the so called "hardcore" pkers, players who only play the game for that. Most fighters (and even pkers) don't do this. Edited by Lorck

[...]

Especially when u think bout the fact that the 2 biggest pk guilds at the moment, are friendly with eachother..

Which 2 Guilds?

I think the 110 a/d guy should not have decent chance, because someone worked to get to 150 a/d, and its not fair that their levels does not matter in fighting...

I disagree, a 110 a/d player should always have a decent chance to kill someone higher, but that chance shouldnt be based on luck (bronze sword) but based on skill.

As soon as this game allowed PP buying and Char buying the "omg you shouldnt be able to kill me cuz i have earned my 150 a/d" soap box went out the window.. people shouldnt be able to kill you because you are a good pker, not because someone has bought a shed load of PP's or a char.

PP buying and char buying is indeed a major pain in the ass when u look at this game..

But we spilled enough words onto this topic, let's see what radu is planning to do with the bronze sword and the dragon armors (might better go use it a bit before the changes :P)

KF suicide runs are stil enjoyable for me, might even kill someone 1 day hehe

people shouldnt be able to kill you because you are a good pker, not because someone has bought a shed load of PP's or a char.

:P

[...]

Mind elaborating on this?

Edited by Korrode

Just leave it as it is.

Sombody will always complain :(

Hey, if the game picks up I might start playing again :P

So let me see if i have this right...

You're against changes that will make players happier, but you only want to start playing again if the game "picks up"...

Seriously, if i ever hear "Leave it as it is because no one will every be happy" on a certain other game development related forum i'm an admin of, i'm going to ban whoever said it.

These types of people contribute nothing and are worthless to have involved in the development.

I'm for what ever changes get more players Korrode.

[...]

Mind elaborating on this?

Maybe he is referring to GoW and wWw and does not realize it is really just one guild under more than 2 different tags. Just a hunch.

voted my 2cents- The few times I've seen the bronze used it has seemed OP'ed but seems like a nice invasion sword to me.

Also on this and since dragon armors have been brought up many talk of the neg/postive benifits of have diff armors and such which I think is true there should be trade off for what you using so what about neg. lvl effects on dragon armors or even swords? Thought i'd throw that out there see what people think so like:

Black dragon torso: +15 armor, +4 heat, +3 magic pro., +3 magic res., -7 Summoning lvls

you could do neg summon, magic, a/d to balance the armor so in effect your giving up something of possible benefit in pk to wear the armor. (maybe even if you wear it you can't summon? but that might be too much)

Then the uber rare forms of the armor could be same stats minus the neg. lvl effect and since there are none in the game atm would take awhile before many pkers got their hands on them but it might also add to the crazy high gc spent on pk related armor already. maybe expensive shop only item :D

PS:I've never crit failed on a CoL ;) (watch your astro and get your lvls up first)

You can't summon while engaged anyway, and actual summons are rarely used on PK maps.

Edited by Shujral