Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Bronze sword adjustments

Bronze sword changes  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the bronze sword should be less overpowered?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, how do you think it should be done?

• Decrease the damage
    • Increase the break rate
    • Voted No

Voted:

Yes and Deacreasing its damage.

Would be nice if it had ~ same stats as a halberd with the normal bronze sword bonuses.

Voted no, I like the bronze sword the way it is now :D

EDIT: If the stats on it changes to make it more balanced then the break rate should be lowered considerably.

Edited by PaulB

You should post why you like them, like who you killed and at what stats you were VS theirs ^^

Just to prove their op'edness even more :D

I was less than 110's att and around 110 defense killing 130s and 140s but I also had a really good build and tactics I wont mention here.

No offence i dont find waiting for a lucky crit of 80s+ tactic, and the 140s had more OA and bought pps into attributes then you.

I just hate the concept of luck winning fights :\

Well I was using white tigers for instance to keep them cooldowned so they could not dis from me or use pots. I'm not talking about luck being the tactic I am speaking of. To beat some of them 130s and 140s I had to use my brain not just luck. Especially when I was ganged by two 120s and one 130 and killed them all. I needed way more than the bronzie for that.

EDIT: But it did help level the playing field a bit.

Edited by PaulB

same stats as a halberd with the normal bronze sword bonuses.

This ^^

Plus

A decreased break rate if the stats are being lowered.

Well I was using white tigers for instance to keep them cooldowned so they could not dis from me or use pots. I'm not talking about luck being the tactic I am speaking of. To beat some of them 130s and 140s I had to use my brain not just luck. Especially when I was ganged by two 120s and one 130 and killed them all. I needed way more than the bronzie for that.

Yes using white tigers in fight is really difficult and original tactic... :)

Anyway I voted yes. Bronze sword is or rather was overpowered when I was PKing.

He had to be really good pker if he didnt use MI not to get cooldowned. :)

LOL... :)

EDIT:About the topic, voted yes, with damage reduction.

Edited by Lorck

Summons have a chance to ignore/bypass MI :)

I agree with conavar 100%

Making it a halberd that you can use with a shield.

Halberd is 40-55 damage with -2 accuracy and not bonuses on crit-to-hit/damage

So making Bronze Sword 40-55 Damage with its original bonuses would be like this:

40-55 Damage, +5 accuracy, +5 Critical to hit, +6 Critical to damage

Current break rate (the one listed on ency) is 1/25. Making it ~1/30-50 would be epic. Would still be better then all great sword/halberd and still be used due to its 'new' break rate and still have its nice bonuses. ^^

So making Bronze Sword 40-55 Damage with its original bonuses would be like this:

Current break rate (the one listed on ency) is 1/25. Making it ~1/30-50 would be epic. Would still be better then all great sword/halberd and still be used due to its 'new' break rate and still have its nice bonuses. ^^

The current break rate is without NMT, and I would guess that most of the people using it have the NMT perk or cape.

Yes, make that rate that i suggest without the cloak or perk. Would still be used imo.

Well, obviously. But I kind of like the idea of an overpowered weapon that breaks easily. I will just tune down the damage a bit (10-20%), and it should be fine.

The current break rate is without NMT, and I would guess that most of the people using it have the NMT perk or cape.

I am not sure how many people have the perk but I can say that most people do not wear NMT capes in KF but wear red capes mostly. It's the reason I love the perk so much because nothing beats having NMT+red cape protection in PK.

But I kind of like the idea of an overpowered weapon that breaks easily.

Ok you said "kind of", does that mean you're open to arguments against that line of thinking?

Like that people who spend big RL$ or 12+ hours a day performing tedious resource gathering tasks get a HUGE advantage over everyone else? ...and that makes the game cater to a niche, rather than catering to most types of player?

+1 to SenZon's idea.

A single handed Halberd (so you can use shield) with those accuracy and crit bonuses is MORE than powerful enough.

EDIT:

I will just tune down the damage a bit (10-20%), and it should be fine.

Actually, i just did the math and damage down 20% would equate to this:

40-56 damage

;) Perfect.

The sword will still be a damn powerful wep with this damage anyways.

It'll still be a better choice than a Halberd for people trying to kill much stronger opponents due to the crit-hit bonus, and it will still on average do more damage than a Halberd due to the crit-dmg bonus.

Edited by Korrode

Ok you said "kind of", does that mean you're open to arguments against that line of thinking?

Like that people who spend big RL$ or 12+ hours a day performing tedious resource gathering tasks get a HUGE advantage over everyone else? ...and that makes the game cater to a niche, rather than catering to most types of player?

If I weren't open to arguments, we wouldn't have had this thread in the first place, yes?

Either way, people who spend 12 hours gathering resources should have an advantage too, right? Because if not, then why should someone who trains a/d 12 hours a day have an advantage? ;)

Either way, people who spend 12 hours gathering resources should have an advantage too, right? Because if not, then why should someone who trains a/d 12 hours a day have an advantage? ;)

My argument would usually be that training combat should give the best combat advantages, but fair enough. Considering you're looking at dropping the bronze swords damage and implementing that PvP damage modifier, the advantage they'd be getting would become more reasonable, so oki :)

Edited by Korrode

I did vote yes and decrease damage..

Just cause i dont like any weapons above the great swords..

BUT

I do think it is funny that all these topics are made by the so called high lvl a/d pk'ers..

I just think it is childish to keep on wanting changes just cause a few lower a/d fighters killed u 1 time..

And the best of all, once all these changes are made, they gonna whine that pk is dead..

But hey, thats ur choice, can't see why these fighters are enjoying the jump with 5 vs 1 in KF and then claim to be the best pk'er.. But hey who am i..

But sure let us decrease the dmg on bronze swords, let us decrease dragon armor and of course remove the special swords (besides the ebul (cause we all use it) tit thermal) out of the game..

Can't wait to see the "omg PK is so dead, game gets boring" topics again..

So making the system more like when PK was highly active even without a ND PK map will reduce PK?

That's some pr0 logic you've got there.