Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raistlin

Introduction of TAI / RAN - Pots

I want to suggest two new potions for EL.

All skills have appropriate "boost" pots except TAI and RAN. So I think it's time to implement

them, especially since there still are no gods for those skills ingame.

I did a quick search and found out, that range pot has been suggested before, but the threads

were dead and no final conclusion saying yes or no.

It would be a good way to get rid of unused furs like black panther, leopard or tiger furs.

Potion of Ranging ("Eye of the Tiger"):

Nexus: Vegetal 5 / Recommended pot level ~50

1 empty vial

2 ale

1 tiger fur

20 mugwort

20 wheat

Potion of Tailoring:

Nexus: Vegetal 5 / Recommended pot level ~55

1 empty vial

2 mead

1 black panther fur

1 leopard fur

20 red berries

20 blue berries

Those recipes are simple suggestions, flowers can be replaced etc. In my opinion those furs

should stay in. All other skill-pots require Vegetal 5 too, so that's fair enough.

What do you think? Comments?

I wouldn't consider myself qualified to comment on what the ingreds should be, but your suggestions inculding the unused animal furs certainly look like a good idea to me.

As for the potions themselves, i support the idea completely, only fair they exist, all the other skills have them. :)

Ranging

20 wheat .... No, honey comb (Another useless item thus far) "sting like a bee" :)

Tailoring

Red Curr/blue berry - with 2 different furs already, this will be a pain to make without 20 each of these

The concept of every new potion must be harder to make than the previous needs to be shut down, we've gotten into the realm of completely unused because of it.

Skill potions (excepting magic and minor manu/summon pots) are close to unused as they are.

Here we're talking two fringe skills (particularly tailoring), both of which are already among the biggest gc sinks in the game.

Seriously doubting there's a very high desire for either potion. And if there is, there'd still be no market if they're too expensive. While as a potter I don't mind seeing new potions, we've got way too many unused ones as it is, and if they cost too much, the few that might possibly use these at all won't.

I think expensive pots for these two skills would just piss people off, basically, as they've already wasted motherloads of gc on these two cash-killing skills.

Yeah, should be in-game for, well, completeness sake. But I'm betting they'll go the way of harvesting and other such potions. (Personally thinking everything about the skill potions in general needs a full workover to make them more used, or used at all in some cases, but that's a different subject and haven't cared enough to bring it up.)

Ranging

20 wheat .... No, honey comb (Another useless item thus far) "sting like a bee" :)

Tailoring

Red Curr/blue berry - with 2 different furs already, this will be a pain to make without 20 each of these

I specifically said, recipes are suggestions and can be changed, I just wanted the furs being used

in future. The flowers and their quantities are just taken at random to give a basic overview.

Mugwort etc. are not much used atm ingame (except for green dye), so I took them as example.

Yeah, I got that, the honey comb just "came to me" and the other, well, the berries are an annoyance harv on this end with their extract uses already, heh.

I'm more concerned with the final price, due to the lack or relatively little use of the current skill potions. I'm trying to picture myself making these, and I can't because of the poor/no want of the current skill pots. :/

Iirc, Radu said there would never be a potion of tailoring. Then again, maybe my Swiss cheese-like brain has just imagined him saying that in the past. :)

I want to suggest two new potions for EL.

Potion of Ranging ("Eye of the Tiger"):

Nexus: Vegetal 5 / Recommended pot level ~50

Yes I like the name and idea , Because "eye of the tiger" says something about Perception !

It would be nice to have an Perception boost for ranging in the dark hours.

I'm against creating a pot who does more damage while ranging.

There are already enough ways to increase the ranging damage per bolt/arrow.

i can't see the sence on using potions in ranging training... the pots will make the shoots easier and less exp/shoot rate. But they could work on ranging "hunting" since you will be able to do more damage.

for tailoring (as for the other mixing skills) it will help a lot :)

i can't see the sence on using potions in ranging training... the pots will make the shoots easier and less exp/shoot rate.

But if you're not hitting without the pots, but do hit with them, some exp is better than none (and still less 1 arrow/bolt).

Those potions would be cool, except that I think 2 cockatrice feathers instead of the furs would be the natural ingredient for the potion of tailoring.

Circumstances have changed since original post since now there quests which use black panther, leopard and tiger furs as well as 2 more quests requiring annoying honey comb.

I disagree about skill potions not being used; I use craft/engineering potions regularly when making large batches, expensive or difficult items. Have definitely got my money's worth and even provide them to those making items for me. Occasionally I use alchemy potion and would use manufacturing potion but blessing is cheap.

Small dragon scales are not used but sold so they could be used for those potions.

For ranging I'd suggest some horns since I agree it would usually be used by sport hunters or those who are killing things for Haidir/Novac and bonus is worth more than experience for kill.

Suggestion:

1 small dragon scale

4 deer antlers

3 feran horns

2 hawk feathers

2 falcon feathers

2 each of red, green and brown snakes (no items use them)

1 Cockatrice feather

6 bones (for Phantom Warriors since their experience for fighting is so low)

10 Tree Mushrooms (barely market for)

None of these items except Cockatrice are particularly hard and archers could gather many of the ingredients and bring them to potioner.

In the last months more tailoring items came to the game, and all those requiere a high level. Since there isn't a God for tai, a potion would really help to the low-medium level tailorers; that's why i'm *bumping up* this suggestion. =P