Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lorck

Should attributes cap increase?

Attributes cap  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like attributes cap increased by 4?

• Yes
    • No

Voted no.

Reasons: posted above + being stronger means you need less help from your friends while fighting, so less teamwork.

It is perfect for haulers to have more emu and such. More people farming for gold and items= better economy. And the pkers would need more esses and such wich would bring up the economy and then there will be more mixers for the things.

Edited by DemothDrazel

It is perfect for haulers to have more emu and such. More people farming for gold and items= better economy. And the pkers would need more esses and such wich would bring up the economy and then there will be more mixers for the things.

More people farming for gold and items= better economy inflation, and decreased shop sales. More people using up supplies, without overproduction (i.e. balanced supply & demand) = better economy.

Why would PKers need more essences? If gc were more easily obtained by farming for gold, why would there be more mixers? Your arguments make no economic sense.

An unequivocal "no" from me. I can personally understand why people want more emu. I find harving 50k sulfur to be a pain in the glutes, and from what I know of mixing, that's not the half of what people go through. But think of what you're asking for a bit. "I want more emu 'cuz it'll help me do stuff faster."

A few things to say on that:

-If any fighter came on here and suggested a 32% bonus from their defense god, instead of 24%, because it would "let them level faster," 90% of the population of EL would flay them alive.

-Perhaps, (I'm going out on a limb here), Radu doesn't want the game to become obnoxiously easy for everyone?

-Given that rabbits drop single digit amounts of gold, and inflation does occur due to increased attribute cap (as per Asgnny's reasoning), I doubt the incoming new players will outnumber the outgoing, frustrated new players. Not a good thing.

-Have you ever heard of the human who was able to walk a mile carrying over 500 STEEL BARS?? It's fantasy, I know, but lets maintain just a modicum of realism :)

-I reiterate.......maybe the game is not supposed to be obnoxiously easy for anyone? I'm hundreds of hours of training away from being half-way decent at killing people. I've accepted that fact. No one's born with a sword in their hands :)

Still, I'm quite open to being disagreed with :P

Just my Verizon .02¢

EDIT: One of my points was flawed. Fixed it (I hope :P )

Edited by Aledezar

SOrry for the double post, I'm terrible at saying what I want to say.

One more try, in a nut shell: Assume attribute caps are raised. Fighting monsters becomes easier, we've agreed on that. Less HE's are used. Mixers get higer emu. More HE's are produced. Mixers cannot sell, for fighters do not need. Where is the economic value in this?

SOrry for the double post, I'm terrible at saying what I want to say.

One more try, in a nut shell: Assume attribute caps are raised. Fighting monsters becomes easier, we've agreed on that. Less HE's are used. Mixers get higer emu. More HE's are produced. Mixers cannot sell, for fighters do not need. Where is the economic value in this?

You forgot: more monsters are trainable, people train more and needs more HEs/SRs. Also, try to find HEs for sale on the market nowadays. I see fighters announcing all day on market channel, maybe the mixers can't deliver enough essences with their EMU?

You forgot: more monsters are trainable, people train more and needs more HEs/SRs. Also, try to find HEs for sale on the market nowadays. I see fighters announcing all day on market channel, maybe the mixers can't deliver enough essences with their EMU?

The lack of HE's on market has more to do with the higher profitability of steel bars over HE/AE's than z0mg 80 emu, imo. If mixers had 80 more emu, this would be used to carry 80 more emu worth of steel bar ingredients, not pretty flowers for HE's.

Why they dont just increase price of HE then? And yes, i agree that steel bars gives more gc, the alchers could charge a bit more for HEs tho...

People don't like increasing the price of essies and such because people want to buy it as cheap as possible.

There is such little market for HE these days if I post selling 3-4k I get so many PM's my head nearly spins.

People dont' like change.

-Voted Yes.

Simply because I don't see it changing much at all.

P.S. Before Asgnny or some one else says something to me along th elines of 'n0ob 4 more to the cap is BIG' think about it, your opponent gets it as well. For PK it's still a standstill. Might as well get some more emu while I'm at it.

Some attribute/cross-attribute-relations are designed to be optimal when they're at a multiple of 6, iirc will, rationality and reasoning are an example.

Thus, if the caps were to change it should be by multiples of 6 to be consistent.

P.S. Before Asgnny or some one else says something to me along th elines of 'n0ob 4 more to the cap is BIG' think about it, your opponent gets it as well. For PK it's still a standstill. Might as well get some more emu while I'm at it.

Once again....what is the logical game-improving basis for your desire for more emu? Don't say "it makes things easier for me," it didn't convince me before, and prospects are doubtful for the future.....

My point was there was no point.

Your argument is that it breaks the game, my argument is it does nothing.

All PK'ers will just up their attributes ass necessary taking max coord as usual and it won't affect anything. Not only does it not hurt you or anyone it can be beneficial with more carry capacity.

You can try to act "smart" by denying the argument of more carry capacity but it just makes you look stupid. Not being willing to weigh all aspects is foolish. Once again I'll repeat, it doesn't hurt you at ALL.

Once again....what is the logical game-improving basis for your desire for more emu? Don't say "it makes things easier for me," it didn't convince me before, and prospects are doubtful for the future.....

owned.

I voted no. I can understand the concern about keeping certain cross-attributes in multiples of 6's, but I don't think its a valid reason to change the caps. If you don't want to waste pickpoints, keep your attributes at the lower values (round down). You don't *have* to max them out.

My point was there was no point.

Your argument is that it breaks the game, my argument is it does nothing.

All PK'ers will just up their attributes ass necessary taking max coord as usual and it won't affect anything. Not only does it not hurt you or anyone it can be beneficial with more carry capacity.

You can try to act "smart" by denying the argument of more carry capacity but it just makes you look stupid. Not being willing to weigh all aspects is foolish. Once again I'll repeat, it doesn't hurt you at ALL.

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding. My point IS that it does nothing to improve the game. I figured we had already established that the main reason to raise the caps was to "make things easier by raising carry capacity." This I understand. What I don't understand is why do we need an increase in carry capacity?? I'd rather try to be "smart" and logically consider what the game, not you, would stand to gain, than be "stupid" and just ask for more general ease in accomplishing personal tasks.

"Not being willing to weigh all aspects is foolish."

Didn't I say in my first post I was open to being disagreed with? I'm open to logical arguements for any case. What will the increased emu across the board do for the GAME? I still haven't gotten an answer.

I don't care either way to be quite honest.

I'm not arguing for either. I"m simply saying "why not" It doesn't hurt me any. Helps with Emu so that weighs out the downside.