Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lorck

Should attributes cap increase?

Attributes cap  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like attributes cap increased by 4?

• Yes
    • No

Voted no

People complain about PP buyers at the moment, giving them an extra 4 points per stat to increase would only make the gap between PP buyers and non PP buyers greater

And the legitimate "non PP buyers" could not increase their attributes too? In fact, if this changed would get implemented i bet most people would increase their p/c.

Voted no

People complain about PP buyers at the moment, giving them an extra 4 points per stat to increase would only make the gap between PP buyers and non PP buyers greater

And the legitimate "non PP buyers" could not increase their attributes too? In fact, if this changed would get implemented i bet most people would increase their p/c.

Yes they could.. and PP buyers could increase p/c and r/i/v, so the gap would only get bigger.

The only way it would work is if the cap was increased to 52, the total amount of points that could be spent on attributes in total was capped instead

Yes they could.. and PP buyers could increase p/c and r/i/v, so the gap would only get bigger.
They can spend PPs getting combat perks, like evanescence and fatal man, etc. Its not AFAIK, there is nobody in the game with maxed p/c/r/i/v and all the good combat perks...

It would only make monster training easier a little easier, and more EMU for the non-fighters, but people seems to not like that.

The only way it would work is if the cap was increased to 52, the total amount of points that could be spent on attributes in total was capped instead
That's not a bad idea, but again, not only attributes count, ther perks should count too. Edited by Lorck

Ill be completely honest with u here.

I voted no because imo there is no reason to increase the cap, and secondly because this suggestion is made by lorck.

EDIT: OK Poll. But it made me easier to decide

Edited by Istiach

the total amount of points that could be spent on attributes in total was capped instead

Cona's been saying this for a while, and it remains as pr0 idea now as the first time he said it :)

EDIT:

I voted no ..... because this suggestion is made by lorck.

It's ofc really bad to contribute a vote impacting development and/or balance where the choice you've made is affected by personal feelings towards the poster, but at least you're honest about it, unlike so many others.

Edited by Korrode

I vote no, because a change in the attribute system will affect so many parts of the game. Obviously some things change for the worse, and will have to be revised at some point.

Of course it will help to slay/train stronger monsters, but why should we be able to kill any monster? Is it not natural that there is something we can not beat all by ourselves? Making something 'easier' means it gets easier for everyone, not just you :)

I voted yes because this will allow me to carry more weight, get more xp, and increase my health and mana.

I waited a day to vote so that I could read more arguments for and against this. I've read all the posts above this one and I don't see any reason to vote no. So far, no one has come up with a reason why the caps should not be increased.

Why would it be bad if fighters increased their p/c? People have said that they don't like the idea of players having an easier time killing monsters, but why? One person said "why should we be able to kill any monster?" To that I say why should we not be able to kill any monster? How will killing strong monsters (which already happens, of course) negatively impact the game? If there is a monster drop that becomes too common, Radu can reduce the drop rate.

Why should harvesters not be able to carry more weight? Don't tell me they can just become a mule; that doesn't answer the question. It's like saying no one should be allowed to own roller skates because there's such a thing as bicycles. That doesn't explain why I can't own roller skates.

definite NO from me.

much of the game was designed when attributes were capped at 15, ppl are abusing the system as it is.

if anything the cap should be reduced!

:):whistle:

I waited a day to vote so that I could read more arguments for and against this. I've read all the posts above this one and I don't see any reason to vote no. So far, no one has come up with a reason why the caps should not be increased.

Noone has hit all the current caps, why increse it? the system works fine for now.

Just my two cents.

The primary reason stated thus far is to allow players to hit harder in PK, to bypass the ebul dragon armor. If caps are increased to 52, presumably, fighters would increase p/c to 52, giving 52 might. However, this also means players can increase toughness to 52. The dragon armors are just as "overpowered" as they were before. Nothing is accomplished, aside from giving fighters 80 extra emu, and allowing them to farm monsters all that much faster. while remaining on a spawn for even longer.

z0mg, teh mages harm for 220 material pts!1! (what happens when they have +4 rationality?) The attributes are what they are. If monsters or armor needs to be adjusted, then so be it. I just hate to see so many people short-sightedly begging for a change, before considering all of the consequences.

As a trainer, I agree it would just mean more emu to sit on spawns longer and well, that's not gonna help any spawn problems.

As for the PK-related stuff, I have no first-hand experience, but asgnny's post here as well as additional comments by others make sense. It would appear the problems this is attempting to solve wouldn't actually be solved, that other changes would make more sense.

And finally, I'll add that this in the end would only be of benefit to those who are buying nexuses, and would likely result in yet higher nexus stone costs (as if they haven't skyrocketed enough already), and with that possibly even more gc-$ buying that doesn't involve the EL shop.

tbh I do not think you read each post here before posting. There were quite a few valid/understandable reasons why to NOT increase caps. Having more emu isn't reason enough, we have mules for that.

OP mages already in game, make em stronger would be horrible.

I have yet to actually hear any really good reasons why to increase caps other than higher emu and easier killing of creatures. But that would have an adverse effect on many people who already having hard time finding spawns when with a cap increase people would stay on longer, kill easier and carry more.

Bad idea imo and so far it seems the majority of the community agrees on that.

tbh I do not think you read each post here before posting. There were quite a few valid/understandable reasons why to NOT increase caps. Having more emu isn't reason enough, we have mules for that.
You see there are reasons and good reasons, they are not the same thing.Most of the reasons against boil down to "the system is perfect and there is no room for improvement". I think there is reason for improvement.
Thats a problem that should be dealt regardless of cap increase or not.
I have yet to actually hear any really good reasons why to increase caps other than higher emu and easier killing of creatures. But that would have an adverse effect on many people who already having hard time finding spawns when with a cap increase people would stay on longer, kill easier and carry more.
Well, that would help to fight the "untrainable" monsters. I think cockatrices, for instance, are fine, but many people say "omfg the crits" and few people train on them.EDIT: and weaker fighters could fight monsters a bit stronger... like it would make easier to move to a stronger monster. Edited by Lorck

and weaker fighters could fight monsters a bit stronger... like it would make easier to move to a stronger monster.

That would only show for the first 2 months, after that it will be 'the standard', so you'd just create a little bit of time during which everybody is slightly better off. It happened when the feros were placed in bethel, suddenly both fluffs and chims were slightly more available. It would just be temporary relief.

There were quite a few valid/understandable reasons why to NOT increase caps.

As Lorck said, there are reasons, but not many of them are valid or understandable, at least not to me.

Having more emu isn't reason enough, we have mules for that.

As I said, the availability of mules is not a valid reason why I should not be allowed to increase my base EMU. What if I want to carry more without becoming a mule?

Why?

I have yet to actually hear any really good reasons why to increase caps other than higher emu and easier killing of creatures.

I'm not a fighter so I don't care about killing stuff, but the reasons I listed why I want an attribute cap increase are so that I can carry more weight, get more xp, and increase my health and mana. And remember, if I can increase my stats, everyone else can, too.

Judging by the current vote tally, it looks like we're not going to get an attribute cap increase. However, I'm still interested in why so few people want such a thing. So far, the only good reason I've seen is that fighters will be able to train longer before going back to storage, which would let them stay at spawns longer. That would make empty spawns slightly harder to come by. That seems to be a valid reason. Anything else?

What or how will this help attract or help retain Players ?

It wont. In fact it helps drive a wedge deeper between the Ol' Schooler's and Best-Buyers, and newer players who see the gap widening right before their very-eyes, as they train their fingers to numbness in vain attempts to even keep-up.

You want to do something we can all get some advantage from ? A/D cap more ArenaS and KF as well.

Make: Villeran Fields somewhere on C-2 for those between or above a set A/D level, and give us new players a chance to at least "See the dangling Carrot" down here in K-F will ya' please ?? There will be no Economy if the new players,(like me) who turn out mass-amounts of HE/SR/ME/AE et.cetra just say ph00kit, because the gap continues to widen as we speak, and dis-illusion us even more than we get when we walk into K-F and die within the first 3 hits of Combat, 'cause ******** is havin a bad day and dont care who He kills 'cause all He cares about is a kill-count, or lil miss **_** decides to get a Best-Buy and seek revenge on "So n so" over something that happened to Her, and now is just out killing for fun just 'cause She can...indiscriminatly killing everyone in Her path...just 'cause She can.

...it's really causing many to just plain not return to the game at all, and only helps those already on top, from a new players point of prespective that is.

And all you Best-Buyers, go ahead n talk ur trash, I can take it and you dont scare me. It's only a game.

Tokie

p.s.

" It's a shame to re-model the Castle without first shoring-up the Foundation, 'cause it's gonna fall ".

Having more emu isn't reason enough, we have mules for that.

As I said, the availability of mules is not a valid reason why I should not be allowed to increase my base EMU. What if I want to carry more without becoming a mule?

The mule thing is based on your current EMU right? Then even the mules can benefit of this.
What or how will this help attract or help retain Players ?

It wont. In fact it helps drive a wedge deeper between the Ol' Schooler's and Best-Buyers, and newer players who see the gap widening right before their very-eyes, as they train their fingers to numbness in vain attempts to even keep-up.

It would make less steep the curve of monster training ... like if i could move to fluffy with 85/85 a/d, after i could move with 80/80 (just making this number up, not really accurate). And really, i can't really understand why a player not "best-buyer" could not spend their pps getting more attributes, just like the best-buyer. And i also don't think the change would be big enough to attract or not new players. Edited by Lorck

So an increase of even 4 is too much to ask?? no one ever slugs it out with the toughest monsters as it is now. They are killed by ranging, magic, landmines, etc

Not sure where you're getting your info, but it doesn't seem to be from instances or invasions. Maybe you were in the range arena?

It's not always easy to find a team of fighters who want to go kill an ice dragon, or invaded mare bulangiu...(I dislike fighting them, personally) but to say "never" is taking it a bit too far. Try potting up with all of the skill & attribute pots you like, and fight these same creatures solo. Somehow, I don't think +4 to attributes will be a magic cure-all to what you perceive to be a problem. If you want to take the glow in the dark perk, this will allow you to do more damage to a mare bulangiu than would +4 to all attributes. Don't forget your lead undies.