Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lorck

Should attributes cap increase?

Attributes cap  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like attributes cap increased by 4?

• Yes
    • No

Ok, as suggested by Notorious, Entropy said in game that he would allow the attributes cap to increase by 4 if 66% of the community voted yes. So we really want it?

Btw, my vote is yes.

EDIT: Just the reasons i voted yes. More mobs could be fought if cap increases a bit, and for non-fighters more EMU never hurts.

Edited by Lorck

Will make people train with higher mobs and let the other one takes weaker mobs, also will benefit non fighters because they can get more will/reas for more exp when they mix.

Voted no,

emu reason - level a donkey instead.

Noone has hit all the current caps, why increse it? the system works fine for now.

Just my two cents.

The caps were imposed for a reason, and I see no overwhelming reason to change them.

The primary reason stated thus far is to allow players to hit harder in PK, to bypass the ebul dragon armor. If caps are increased to 52, presumably, fighters would increase p/c to 52, giving 52 might. However, this also means players can increase toughness to 52. The dragon armors are just as "overpowered" as they were before. Nothing is accomplished, aside from giving fighters 80 extra emu, and allowing them to farm monsters all that much faster. while remaining on a spawn for even longer.

I voted yes. This will help with mixing and fighting.

it's a work in progress, that being said. my vote is yes, still needs to be a tad higher but i'm glad that ent has considered a rise.

The caps were imposed for a reason, and I see no overwhelming reason to change them.

That's true, but the number for the cap was not chosen via some very scientific means. It was just a "hmm, looks like a good value". I don't think 52 rather than 48 would be a game changer.

That's true, but the number for the cap was not chosen via some very scientific means. It was just a "hmm, looks like a good value". I don't think 52 rather than 48 would be a game changer.

z0mg, teh mages harm for 220 material pts!1! (what happens when they have +4 rationality?) The attributes are what they are. If monsters or armor needs to be adjusted, then so be it. I just hate to see so many people short-sightedly begging for a change, before considering all of the consequences.

Edited by asgnny

z0mg, teh mages harm for 220 material pts!1! (what happens when they have +4 rationality?) The attributes are what they are. If monsters or armor needs to be adjusted, then so be it. I just hate to see so many people short-sightedly begging for a change, before considering all of the consequences.

everyone knows that bronze sword/harm formula needs a change, it's just figuring out whats the appropriate measure to take with the changes.

Tes, and that's why we are having a little vote about it, and it requires a great majority of 2/3 to pass.

Well, in a Brazilian saying "you can't throw de water with the baby inside", meaning you can't refute a nice idea because of a side effect. Big harms are problematic? I agree with you, but lets fix the big harms too... And we could get the good effects of the increased attributes cap fully.

And we could get the good effects of the increased attributes cap fully.

Such as?

No improvements as far as overcoming dragon armor, since players will increase toughness to offset the increased might of their opponents. Longer waits at monster spawns, between increased toughness, might, and emu...

I would love to see tweaks made across the board in light of the attribute caps. This could mean a complete revamp of any/all monsters, instead of trying to make all players a little stronger, in order for a minority of them to train more effectively on whichever monster.

Such as?

No improvements as far as overcoming dragon armor, since players will increase toughness to offset the increased might of their opponents. Longer waits at monster spawns, between increased toughness, might, and emu...

I would love to see tweaks made across the board in light of the attribute caps. This could mean a complete revamp of any/all monsters, instead of trying to make all players a little stronger, in order for a minority of them to train more effectively on whichever monster.

Agree

Such as?

The game needs more spawns, but that's another issue.The benefits i stated include that nonfighters can haul more stuff and get their jobs done faster, and fighters could fight stronger monsters, making some unuseful monsters spawns useful.
I would love to see tweaks made across the board in light of the attribute caps. This could mean a complete revamp of any/all monsters.
That could be great too. Edited by Lorck

Such as?

The game needs more spawns, but that's another issue.The benefits i stated include that nonfighters can haul more stuff and get their jobs done faster, and fighters could fight stronger monsters, making some unuseful monsters spawns useful.

Fighters can kill every monster which currently exists. I sincerely doubt that increasing caps by +4 would suddenly make giants or dragons "trainable". There are enough fighters who have hit the wall of endless Yeti fighting. I don't think making those same players marginally stronger would have any positive effect. If tweaks were made, and/or a new monster added, the goals of the proposed attribute cap increase could perhaps be reached, without throwing the other 95% of players off kilter.

Agreed.

Just fix the mobs, weapons and armors.

• Decrease bronze sword damage (or even better, remove it).
  • Decrease Dragon Armor armor bonus OR have slightly increased damage versions of great swords.
  • Remove the double Yeti spawns and lower their respawn (so that a freakin DCW is no longer a better choice to train single spawn than a Yeti.)
  • Get rid of the damn pickpoint buying.

Increasing the attribute cap wont help, as asgnny has explained.

All that said, i vote yes... for the reasons that i doubt anything i mentioned above will ever get done, and since very few players so far have max phys and vit, but most PK'ers wil max phys and coord to 52, it would increase the average Might by 4, but only increase the average Toughness by 2, which would slightly help with the dragon armor OP issue.

Agreed.

Just fix the mobs, weapons and armors.

• Decrease bronze sword damage (or even better, remove it).
  • Decrease Dragon Armor armor bonus OR have slightly increased damage versions of great swords.
  • Remove the double Yeti spawns and lower their respawn (so that a freakin DCW is no longer a better choice to train single spawn than a Yeti.)
  • Get rid of the damn pickpoint buying.

Increasing the attribute cap wont help, as asgnny has explained.

All that said, i vote yes... for the reasons that i doubt anything i mentioned above will ever get done, and since very few players so far have max phys and vit, but most PK'ers wil max phys and coord to 52, it would increase the average Might by 4, but only increase the average Toughness by 2, which would slightly help with the dragon armor OP issue.

The only real problem with getting rid of PP buying would be that FE/coal/Iron ore, s2e swords etc lose importance, and whole EL: economy would colapse (well, maybe not that drastic) but the rest I wouls agree with

The only real problem with getting rid of PP buying would be that FE/coal/Iron ore, s2e swords etc lose importance, and whole EL: economy would colapse (well, maybe not that drastic) but the rest I wouls agree with

Hopefully people would go make to making mass HE's instead :sneaky:

Opposed.

It would help people fight creatures by themselves and pk, sure, but those are not really good reasons in my oppinion. It would really only benefit fighting and emu capacity. The emu capacity goes along with gold farming potential. Increase in max rationality helps less than a person putting pickpoints towards their emu capacity when it comes to xp.

I think there are far better things to do than adjust the caps and I don't think raising them would do Good.

No.

Personally love my emu, and would take it up to 52/52 if it were changed solely for that reason. However, my emu at (eventual) 48/48 would be just fine. And as someone already mentioned, more emu is what mules are for, and that's why I leveled my mule and use it semi-regularly.

All other reasons are fighter-related...

As a trainer, I agree it would just mean more emu to sit on spawns longer and well, that's not gonna help any spawn problems.

As for the PK-related stuff, I have no first-hand experience, but asgnny's post here as well as additional comments by others make sense. It would appear the problems this is attempting to solve wouldn't actually be solved, that other changes would make more sense.

And finally, I'll add that this in the end would only be of benefit to those who are buying nexuses, and would likely result in yet higher nexus stone costs (as if they haven't skyrocketed enough already), and with that possibly even more gc-$ buying that doesn't involve the EL shop.

Basically, while I'd enjoy the emu, there's too many overall negatives to this than positives. 48 may have been an arbitrary number, but it seems to work fine.

Edited by Burn

Thought about this for a good while but ended up voting no.

Although the extra EMU would benefit me as a mule (already fully levelled), as a mixer, but also as a trainer/invasioner, I don't see how such a change would drastically change things for the rest, apart from the initial weeks where people get to see progress. Apart from that, I like that you need teamwork in EL to kill the highlevel monsters. As is, the absolute top a/ders can actually solo kill a bulangiu, although it may require them to dis for mana recovery. It's been said enough that some mobs aren't ingame to be trained.

If anything, I'd be more likely to support something in the line of Asgnny's suggestion.

Voted no

People complain about PP buyers at the moment, giving them an extra 4 points per stat to increase would only make the gap between PP buyers and non PP buyers greater