Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burn

The Missing Gods... Would you use them?

Which of the missing gods would you use?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. For the non-godless, if they were in the game would you DEFINITELY use one or more of them, assuming quest requirements aren't a determining factor in your decision?

• Harvesting (Lucaa)
    • Tailoring (Galienne)
    • Ranging (Xiao)
    • Wouldn't ever choose any of them (not godless either)
    • I am Godless.

There's been no talk of adding them. But reading up on people's uses of gods got me wondering about these three.

Specifically, if they were in-game, would you use them (at some point)?

This is mostly for curiosity, wondering if there's any interest in them.

Personally, I'd definitely get Tailoring/Ranging at some point in the future if they were in the game. How soon and how much I'd use them would be the same as other gods, which I switch around semi-regularly to be the best all-rounder I can be, hehe.

Harvesting I'm unsure about. The ability to level in this skill is severely limited due to the 120-per-hour. Since harving is such a regular thing though, and my only goal is to hit harv 100 to better get my own dung (at 95 now), I can't see a reason to get it just for bonus experience. It would have been interesting at lower harv levels, but not now.

Edited by Acelon

If not too expensive I'd try Gallienne (doing a tailoring project and extra exp would surely be welcome, though not at such a cost that I can get the exp cheaper by simply producing more).

Xiao is definately a god I'd take for a while. It's hard to believe that bonus exp in ranging is not worth the money :)

Though I wouldn't take either of the proposed gods as my standard gods. I'm very happy with Glilin, Zarin and LaForge \o/

I'm quite interested in the Ranging God, but as Cyprom said.. I'm very happy with the current Gods I have now.. Although, Ranging is a Skill I would love to level some more soon. :)

As for Harvesting.. I'm sure it would be nice for a low level harvester trying to gain some more experience.. And I don't do tailoring, so can't really comment.

Ranging for sure, the exp you currently get is low so any bonus exp is nice.

Also, as a bonus make NPC trade Trice Feather for arrows. (I remeber radu said something like making a npc exchanging the feathers for arrows or even hawk/falcon feathers)

Edited by SenZon

I tossed it on as an option. Really more interested in how many WOULD use them (and if so, which) but if it's felt necessary, may as well add it.

...regardless of quest requirements?

This kind of invalidates the poll for me. Everything is a trade-off and the cost of the leveling requirements would be part of the consideration.

Edit:

Yes Burn, that makes more sense now.

Edited by bkc56

Bah, just bad wording. Assuming the quest requirements are such that they're not a determining factor in your decision is what was meant.

That's what I get for tossing a vote up so quick without thinking it out, hehe.

I've edited it to reflect that, hopefully it didn't cause people to give the wrong response.

Edited by Burn

I would probably take the harvesting god on my alt, mainly because he harvs quite a bit. Obviously this may or may not be the case, but if the bonus was applied to all harv xp incl. mini events, mn blessings as well as the regular 120 harvs per hour, that could really be significant.

I voted in none (and i dont put godless on my main or alts). But after seeing the post of Chr0nik, i think i would let my alt get harvesting god too, because thats what it mostly do.

Edit:Back on forums. \o/

Edited by Lorck

Added the "I am Godless" option, just so we get an idea.

Personally, I would take ranging and harvesting god for my character.

I've been godless from the first moment i started playing, had some resets in which i tried both the def and later on the att god, but i just dont like serving gods not even in a game..

So my vote is clear :wub:

Heh, I guess Ranging being a big choice isn't a surprise.

Thought more would be interested in tailoring due to the difficulty in leveling it, but then I guess that reflects how few are actually working on that skill.

Harvesting... I get the feeling a lot of those votes are for harving alts. Not all obviously, but a lot. ;) I was thinking it would end up less considering how little it would do overall due to the 120-hour limitation.

I woudnt take any of those cause i have my complete set of gods .. def/alch/pot .. i cant leave anyone of those .. (but Ranging is very important for ppl that is training the skill). Harv god isnt really good one .. u cant really "train" havest .. u just harvest to get the suply u need .. with 80 of harvest if u dont have inorg 5+ no point on "train" harvest. So IMO ranging and tailoring would affect more ppl in the game.

Edited by Anamir

I currently serve the Man god but am planning to go godless once I get my manu levels up enough to make some cool armour. As an all rounder it is just too hard to pick amongst the gods. ;)

I voted "I am godless," but should I ever find a Remove Godless stone (provided there is such a critter) I would use that and then pick up some gods (silly me doesn't want to reset), just so I could have the extra experience they provide. Since I do a lot of harvesting, that would be one of the ones I picked (especially if the bonus experience was applied to the mini-harvest events as well).

Even should I never lose godless, I still think they should be implemented. If not, then why bother mentioning them at all?

Personally and being a member of CEL, I think the harvesting god should be renamed #Beaver, but that's really another topic... :whistle: