Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robotbob

(One More) Summon Suggestion

Here is a summoning related suggestion that has been on my mind, and I figure

I should "get it out there" while the summoner related poll is going, so...

I know this has been mentioned before, in some form or another, its been

a key issue since they have been released, but here is another idea:

Summon Stones cooldown times aka OMFGBBQ tiger spam. (although spiced tiger meat in a can...nvm)

The suggestion is:

>>> Make the summon skill a factor in stone (summoning) cooldown times. <<<

A fighter(without summon levels) can still use summon stones,but not nearly at the current speed.

It would require actual summon levels in order to 'machine gun' tigers. The min time would be no

lower than it is currently with zero summons creating a base (?5-10 seconds? for max).

I think it would (if the other changes occur) finally seal summoning as its own combat skill,

and perhaps move fighter to fighter combat back into the Smashie Slashy type :)

It may have been suggested in some form or another, since this topic is now ancient. But

here it is repackaged, since lately we have more newbies than olbies.

IF you agree, you could ignore the bottom text (shit you can just ignore it all :)),

but here are my counter arguments.

-----------------

(1st Counter Argument)

The first obvious one I can see is this:

Well then why not make Potion usage require a potion level? and so on. If you want to make stones

require a summoning one.

While not a bad idea, it would unbalance all players current abilities, since mages\fighters\summoners etc

need these potions as a part of the games core design. IF there was an alternative, then it would be a

reasonable equal. Also, potioners skill is not a part of el combat as it currently stands, but the

summoners skill is however.

In the roleplay sense "Anyone can drink blue happy water from a vial, but it would take a particular skill

to use magical stones quickly in combat"

(2nd Counter argument)

Why not make it require nexus (animal) instead of this?

Well, rich players could just quickly buy 6 animal with hydro and then

its just a matter of buying pps and not working on levels. It would do nothing for

combat balance and restoring pure fighters as fighters.

(3rd Counter argument)

Won't this make summon stone sales decrease?

Yes, but ask any summoner how often they sells stones to players

vs how many times they sell them to npcs...The stones will still be made, and they

would leave the game at the same rate, via the npc. (I had 100 bear stones in my bot

at npc buy price for nearly a year *cough*, npc got em :hehe: )

-this ends my epic wind baggy suggestion, tyvm please drive thru :P

Would just make some fighters lvl summon and = :

More expensive PK'ing and now make it who can click summons stones the fastest, gg.

A real good suggestion is make stones NOT summonable in combat and make real summoning (Manu window type) summonable in combat, this way summoning can be a actual combat related skill like a/d, range and mage.

Would just make some fighters lvl summon and = :

More expensive PK'ing and now make it who can click summons stones the fastest, gg.

A real good suggestion is make stones NOT summonable in combat and make real summoning (Manu window type) summonable in combat, this way summoning can be a actual combat related skill like a/d, range and mage.

• So some fighters leveling summons, removing items from the game, improving the market for LES, and buying noobs animal stuff is bad?
  • So its NOT? who can click the most summons already? (been that way since they have been implemented, I've personally spammed
    something close to 20-30 bears in one large fight, but with this change I would have only managed 10-20)
  • How will fewer stones used in PK make it more expensive?
  • So its a bad idea because you would have to earn the privilege of spamming stones?

Its not like I'm suggesting a major difference, between the current rate and ~5-10 seconds per for someone with zero summon level.

But if someone is 60+ summons and 130+ ad, didn't they earn the ability?