Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robotbob

Summoner Related Changes

Summoner Related Changes  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Should ALL Arctic Chimeran Wolves have True Sight?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Summoning Level is a part of the Smite|Heal summon spells?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If you voted yes on "Summoning Level is a part of the..."

• Summoning level determines the power of Smite|Heal summon spells.
    • Summoning level determines a summons smite resistance based on masters summon level

One question: Are the no votes on ACWs Ts because "AC summoned in Pk" or the fact ACWs with ts, would make assassinating hulda

trainers a bit more difficult ? :whistle:

i voted NO there, because i think none of the ACWs should have TS, not even the invaded ones.

make the summons see what the summoner does, if the summoner uses Ts and see's a mage then the summons do,

full ACK to this one!

:whistle:

One question: Are the no votes on ACWs Ts because "AC summoned in Pk" or the fact ACWs with ts, would make assassinating hulda

trainers a bit more difficult ? :whistle:

i voted NO there, because i think none of the ACWs should have TS, not even the invaded ones.

make the summons see what the summoner does, if the summoner uses Ts and see's a mage then the summons do,

full ACK to this one!

:whistle:

seems like ur promoting invis bj-ing in invasions :hug:

and "ACK"?? a (decent)reason would be nice :whistle:

also seems like the regular & invasion ones ALREADY have TS.. so why shouldnt the summon ones have as well?? :whistle:

*not complaining much.. as long as

-the Summoner has TS then the summons has TS.

-ACs has TS.

-some other creatures has TS..

@ conavar

On your list, I think his complaint is: He doesn't want to be a Fighter\Summoner hybrid in order to be a Summoner in pk.

its underbalanced if you need everything from another combat discipline to survive. Even pure mages that have reasonably high

Attack\Defense levels, are still never equal to a pure fighter of the same AD. They (mages) aren't dependant on AD, so neither

should summoners.

I do understand that but any changes should be made to the Summoner not the summons (like the suggestion in my edited post above ) or make the summons see what the summoner does, if the summoner uses Ts and see's a mage then the summons do, its then down to player skill and tactics, not just summoning 8 TSed ACW, going to make a coffee, coming back and counting the death msgs (extreme example )

Ah yes I see your point. With (preloaded) TS it does make it 'automated', perhaps your suggestion of:

or make the summons see what the summoner does, if the summoner uses Ts and see's a mage then the summons do, its then down to player skill and tactics, not just summoning 8 TSed ACW, going to make a coffee, coming back and counting the death msgs (extreme example )

Is more in line with tactic<->counter tactic, than ACWs with TS. Would this just work with all summons? Or only only ACWs?

I think "TS on summons creation based on master's TS" is easier than casting a buff on a summon with the current ID design (assumption based on

Entropy's statements) Because with the summoner perk, and MI bypass, etc its already there, just waiting for one more line.

Think atm only invasion acws have ts.

umm nope, only ACs that DOESNT have TS is Summoned ones...

Stupid question.....Doesn't casting a spell or fighting make you visible?

if the invis person "clicks" on someone and ATTACKs them then that makes u visible.. other wise ur invisble.

if someone attacks u and ur invisible.. u stay invisible unless ur the one who "enaged" the combat.

Think atm only invasion acws have ts.

umm nope, only ACs that DOESNT have TS is Summoned ones...

Stupid question.....Doesn't casting a spell or fighting make you visible?

if the invis person "clicks" on someone and ATTACKs them then that makes u visible.. other wise ur invisble.

if someone attacks u and ur invisible.. u stay invisible unless ur the one who "enaged" the combat.

To requote Entropy:

Nevermind, I just looked at the code and only the invaded ACs have it.

Now I guess it's up to the players if they want ALL the ACs to have it.

I do recall from attacking invisible markusweck, if he didn't cast restore before he diss\tele'd no one saw him.

Its been a while but is this still the case (sounds like a test for me later, unless someone has a does\doesn't list that is current)

btw, you neglected to mention that the higher your summon level the higher your summon's defense level. (iirc anyway) so summoning potions and more charm to your bronzie + arrow +pots and harm + pots + rationality.

and u neglected to realized that the summon's DEFENSE does nothing to aid them against Mage's SMITES... :omg:

As someone has said before, there is always a rock to someone's scissors. Mages generally have lower a/d and are easily killed by pkers (Especially if they have MI which renders the mages offensiveness useless), PKers are easily dispatched by summons (the large groups), and therefore, summons are easily dispelled by mages.

i dont believe there SHOULD be complete shut down of a skill.. i mean sure.. an advantage is reasonable but "rock-paper-scissor" is like COMPLETE annilation of a skill by another skill. EL isnt a "class" game so thats why i see it as a game where some skills are at a "disadvantage" NOT "rock-paper-scissor" .. (if u want complete annilation of one "class/skill" by another "class/skill" WoW's open :rolleyes: )

You yourself had said in the previous topic that you had summoned ACs several times before and found them worthwhile to summon (or so I assume when you mentioned kicking out other guilds from kf) until a mage came in.

I am saying all of this from an outside perspective and what I believe to be rational.

I voted no on ACWs with TS because it would make them rather invincible. As far as I know from talking to several players, the only way to survive an ACW summon is to go invisi and smite as fast as you can before being attacked by somone else while smiting.

there are many actual ways to get rid of ACs its just that people arent aware of it :whistle: (i'm not telling but there IS a way.. :pickaxe: )

and yes i believe in their uses as "worthwhile" but everytime i see my ACs die to a MAGE ALT (like yetio..) i feel the "worthwhile-ness" slipping away.. and might just result to summoning hawks or not "pure" summoning in Kf at all... but the thing is that summoning is very joyful for me, so i would like to CONTINUE to grant Kf with more of my ebul babies... but its just discouraging sometimes when u see the effort u put into them and then see someone use way WAY less effort to kill them all... :pinch:

-TigerClaw

Edited by TigerClaw

As the poll goes now,I think that the smite summoned will be made weaker,and then the mage get's no advantage against the sumonner which he didn't have against anyone else (meelee,ranger)

The summoner will be able to heal his summons more effectively (due to the summon related spell) and wait till the mages invis wears off,

or just go and kill the mage himself,

or ,at least, gets more time to get his summons to safe zone....

(or leave his summons there and save his a**)

but I do get it that seeing someone destroying your pets in a couple of seconds being able to do nothing must be... not makong one happy

For the sake of curiosity, will this (possible) change affect both stone-summons and pure summons?

I figure for stone-summons, the summoning level of the user, not the crafter, will determine smite and heal?

For the sake of curiosity, will this (possible) change affect both stone-summons and pure summons?

I figure for stone-summons, the summoning level of the user, not the crafter, will determine smite and heal?

It would be the same whether the summons originated from a stone or the mix window.

It would also be the summon level of the person casting Smite Or Heal and not the level of the original stone maker.

Items in EL do not have unique IDs, and there would be no way to (directly through code) to track who made the stone.

If EL's item database ever changed to unique IDs, then you have items with individual durability, etc.

(its the same for engineering items, its the level of the user, not the mines creator)

I was pretty certain that the crafter couldn't be tracked, but didn't know for sure that stone vs mixed summons were technically the same

Edited by frogimus

come on people.. (at least) 7 more votes needed for ACs & TS to work... :wub: work with me here D:

EDIT: only 4 more people :omg:

EDIT #2: wow 99 votes for changing the heal|smite formula... one more vote til 100 :D

Edited by TigerClaw