Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
robotbob

Summoner Related Changes

Summoner Related Changes  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Should ALL Arctic Chimeran Wolves have True Sight?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Summoning Level is a part of the Smite|Heal summon spells?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If you voted yes on "Summoning Level is a part of the..."

• Summoning level determines the power of Smite|Heal summon spells.
    • Summoning level determines a summons smite resistance based on masters summon level

BTW, not sure you realize, but there is an uninvizibilizer ward. If you spend so much for the ACs, then you should get the ward.

yes but the mage justs tptr and his in the middle of the summons.. ofc a summoner can't move his/her summons out of the way in 2 secs. the mage will just smite away... the uninvis wards doesnt help much :D

Edited by TigerClaw

BTW, not sure you realize, but there is an uninvizibilizer ward. If you spend so much for the ACs, then you should get the ward.

yes but the mage justs tptr and his in the middle of the summons.. ofc a summoner can't move his/her summons out of the way in 2 secs. the mage will just smite away... the uninvis wards doesnt help much :D

But isn't that just tactics and countertactics? Mages are pretty vulnerable, most of them have fairly small EMU, many of them (though not all) have low a-d that gets them in underworld in 1 hit from an ACW.

Won't this just eliminate the role of the mage in PK entirely from the moment there are summons in play? And if so, how does that bring more balance? Seems to me it just flips over the balance to the other extreme.

Don't get me wrong, i think it's good if there would be some changes, but it seems to be forgotten that the mages basically have just the magic as their weapon.

Btw.. the ubberest mage ingame has a pretty decent summoning level too ^ ^

Edited by Dilly

yes but the mage justs tptr and his in the middle of the summons.. ofc a summoner can't move his/her summons out of the way in 2 secs. the mage will just smite away... the uninvis wards doesnt help much :hehe:

But isn't that just tactics and countertactics? Mages are pretty vulnerable, most of them have fairly small EMU, many of them (though not all) have low a-d that gets them in underworld in 1 hit from an ACW.

Won't this just eliminate the role of the mage in PK entirely from the moment there are summons in play? And if so, how does that bring more balance? Seems to me it just flips over the balance to the other extreme.

Don't get me wrong, i think it's good if there would be some changes, but it seems to be forgotten that the mages basically have just the magic as their weapon.

Btw.. the ubberest mage ingame has a pretty decent summoning level too ^ ^

To address the question of balance (in my opinion): A summoner build cannot use a spell designed for

his\her use, the heal summons spell (because its dependant on Magic\Rationality). Same for the smite summons

spell, only a pure mage can use this summon spell with any strength. It would make summoners vital to the defense of

their own summons (reasonable idea) and the destruction of the enemies summons (makes sense for roleplay).

It does not 'nerf' (aka weaken) a mages power, because all it requires a mage todo, is level his summon skill.

So:

• Places the summon spells back into the hands of summoners
  • Give summoners the ability to defend their summons (Heal)
  • Give summoners the ability to fight the enemies summons (Smite)
  • Increases the amount of time required to gain the 5 seconds knock-out smite.
  • Increases the appeal of the summon skill and removes more items from the game (due to leveling)
  • Increases the demand for LEs, animal parts, and warm cozy seats at the gypsum.
  • Makes sense roleplay wise (game lore)
  • Keeps mages intact without a call to 'just Nerf-em'

IMHO it doesn't damage mages (just little more time to gain) and it gives summoners (some new, due to requirement)

with all the other summoner *love* (The summoner perk, Summons bypass MI based on summon lvl/4, multi strong summons)

moves summoners from mixers to a vital part of el combat. (We now get hybrids, Fighter\Summoners or Mage\Summoners)

Now don't get me wrong, I think mages need some design *love* too. Myself and other have epic novels

dedicated to this topic, but I get the feeling most people are afraid of it. Every other post in regards to mages are

"omfg i was in hulda and invis mage...lower harm nao....not fair i spent 4,000 hours"

You have to admit, its way easier to get 50 magic, than 50 summons. But with a mage high rationality (but low emu)

leveling summons should not be extremely difficult, just would require an attribute commitment beyond (48 will/48Reason).

Now whether Teleport to Range into the middle of a summons group, and not moving, to avoid triggering

the uninvizibilizer ward is an expected counter to it, only Entropy knows. But it does seem reasonable, since they

are triggered by movement, and not moving would be a counter.

i'd think it should be that

_magic_ level determines the power of Smite|Heal summon spells.

and

Summoning level determines a summons smite resistance based on masters summon level

seems more fitting,

just my0.02

Radu if the ACs dont get TS can Falcons get them?? or will this means that Summoners will just have to let the Mages (ALTS) come invis and kill them & their summons??.... :hehe:

Yes. Who cares if they're alts are not. Some mages aren't actually alts. (I refuse to believe but can not reliably prove that all mages are not alts).

How else would a mage kill a summon? Should they not be able to?

Edited by Raytray

Yes. Who cares if they're alts are not. Some mages aren't actually alts. (I refuse to believe but can not reliably prove that all mages are not alts).

With harm, one at a time, like everyone else. Imagine if harm was an AoE :hehe: (Area of Effect)

Or level summon to earn the ability to splatter them all in 5 seconds. Its the fact the current

smite\heal gives that ability for free without being equal in effort. (Effort in reaching the level

to summon ACWs for instance)

Original issue was 60 damage per summons, per smite in a 16x16 square, 1 second per spell out of combat, ACWs have 300 hp

equals 8? dead ACWs in ~5 seconds. With summon levels required for such a massive AoE, it balances the effort required for both

(To make ACWs, and to flat out destroy them in seconds) As makes summoner vs summoner battles a real possiblity.

With harm, one at a time, like everyone else. Imagine if harm was an AoE :hehe: (Area of Effect)

Or level summon to earn the ability to splatter them all in 5 seconds. Its the fact the current

smite\heal gives that ability for free without being equal in effort. (Effort in reaching the level

Original issue was 60 damage per summons, per smite in a 16x16 square, 1 second per spell out of combat, ACWs have 300 hp

equals 8? dead ACWs in ~5 seconds. With summon levels required for such a massive AoE, it balances the effort required for both

(To make ACWs, and to flat out destroy them in seconds) As makes summoner vs summoner battles a real possiblity.

I still say that charm be used as a modifier, not many people would have 48v/i except summoners then.. Charm could be a modifier to the summons magic resistace. in so as far rationailty is needed for the mage for magic to be of any use.

Any mage with 48 rationality can summon rats for a few weeks and get a decent summon level. I summon once in a while for fun, and have made 35 summon with animal nexus zero. Though a mage with full r/w will have low charm, because hey, we need some emu, and there are only so many pp to go around.

But I guess the summoners will say, but if I need high level charm then I can be strong mele fighter ..

Also I think falcons/hawks would be nice to have true sight, and maybe lose only 1 hp/min to make them very tatical/usefull

Edited by Wizzy

I still say that charm be used as a modifier, not many people would have 48v/i except summoners then.. Charm could be a modifier to the summons magic resistace. in so as far rationailty is needed for the mage for magic to be of any use.

Any mage with 48 rationality can summon rats for a few weeks and get a decent summon level. I summon once in a while for fun, and have made 35 summon with animal nexus zero. Though a mage with full r/w will have low charm, because hey, we need some emu, and there are only so many pp to go around.

But I guess the summoners will say, but if I need high level charm then I can be strong mele fighter ..

Also I think falcons/hawks would be nice to have true sight, and maybe lose only 1 hp/min to make them very tatical/usefull

Only only issue I have with using charm instead of the pure summon levels is, you can buy pps for

vit\inst and just bypass any effort for balance. Without PP buying this would work, but instead it could just reward pp buying.

You can't buy summon levels. (Granted I know it would\could take a shitload of vit\inst to possibly be effective, but its happened.

Recently I saw someone (I won't name him) "Buying: 20 nexus removal stones"... So the possibility is there.

And birds with true sight makes perfect sense, "flying high, with a keen eye.."

True, but if falcons get ts, two smites and they're gone anyway? As you've said earlier, invisibility isn't removed when you are attacked but merely when they attack. Though I suppose it would be useful to "see" if there are any invisible without wasting a potion before hand.

On the other hand, ts'ed falcons would make it easier to hunt invisi rats.

True, but if falcons get ts, two smites and they're gone anyway? As you've said earlier, invisibility isn't removed when you are attacked but merely when they attack. Though I suppose it would be useful to "see" if there are any invisible without wasting a potion before hand.

On the other hand, ts'ed falcons would make it easier to hunt invisi rats.

Hmm, you are absolutely correct sir. The only thing they would do, is die and drop

a bag at the mages location.Although a swarm of them attacking an invisible something would

be a funny sight to see. :hehe: Maybe that would be helpful by itself.

But its use in hunting invis rats could lead to an unexpected side effect.

Hmm, you are absolutely correct sir. The only thing they would do, is die and drop

a bag at the mages location.Although a swarm of them attacking an invisible something would

be a funny sight to see. :P Maybe that would be helpful by itself.

They don't drop bags, they are hollow on the inside :hehe:

However I think knowing a mage is there is enough. You can always alert people or quaff a ts pot and go slain the foe the old way.

Hard days ahead for invi rats

Edited by Fedora

To address the question of balance (in my opinion): A summoner build cannot use a spell designed for

his\her use, the heal summons spell (because its dependant on Magic\Rationality). Same for the smite summons

spell, only a pure mage can use this summon spell with any strength. It would make summoners vital to the defense of

their own summons (reasonable idea) and the destruction of the enemies summons (makes sense for roleplay).

It does not 'nerf' (aka weaken) a mages power, because all it requires a mage todo, is level his summon skill.

so use some teamwork and bring a mage of yourselve? Why should you be able to defend your uber AC army on your own?

Smite/Heal spells are spells.. that's magic, if you need it in pk, bring a mage. This might actually improve teamwork in pk.

Edited by ReV_Enga

so use some teamwork and bring a mage of yourselve? Why should you be able to defend your uber AC army on your own?

Smite/Heal spells are spells.. that's magic, if you need it in pk, bring a mage. This might actually improve teamwork in pk.

Noone BUT THE SUMMONER can heal with HEAL summoned spell.

if an ally does it(not original master) no heal occurs.

With harm, one at a time, like everyone else. Imagine if harm was an AoE :whistle: (Area of Effect)

Only only issue I have with using charm instead of the pure summon levels is, you can buy pps for

vit\inst and just bypass any effort for balance. Without PP buying this would work, but instead it could just reward pp buying.

You can't buy summon levels. (Granted I know it would\could take a shitload of vit\inst to possibly be effective, but its happened.

Recently I saw someone (I won't name him) "Buying: 20 nexus removal stones"... So the possibility is there.

And birds with true sight makes perfect sense, "flying high, with a keen eye.."

Pick Point buying, is always an issue, It is going to happen anyhow, And I guess if someone invests 5k usd at el shop, then they deserve to have an uber charater that can do it all. At the moment, this is true anyhow, I dont see how it makes much difference to the sumons, they would then need to take the time and train summon (and add those pesky nexus) if they really want to be a summoner. Lets not forget, summon level is also imporartant , this should be of course, with natural summons, and not summon stones

i would like to point out that most people are like "omfgz the TS will make the ACs more OP!! it will kill everything!!~!"

Pking: Bronze.

Summoning: ACs.

Mage: Harm.

how to make more SOP?? (not he staff now!! stands for SUPER OP)

Pking: Bronze & ACC/EVA Pots & Fire/Ice Arrows.

Summoning: ACs .. nothing.

Mage: Harm. Magic Pots & More rationality.

--------

sure sure u CAN make ur summons "stronger" with Teh Summoner Perk & more Charm, but does any of that helps against an invis mage?? no it doesnt cause the summons just stand there like hay bundles... so everyone plx reconsider ACs & TS.. come on. u cant expect summoners to go to a dead stop against all the other SOP items/abilities...

so adding TS would make all ACs having TS more consistance.. would also make summoners find them more worthwhile :whistle:

Change the nexus needed for Red Dragons down to 5, or make something else need nexus 6.. Cos as it is now, it's useless. :whistle:

come on people!! ACs & TS wont be so bad!! with out summons a Summoner is no longer a Summoner...

against an invis mage my summons a USELESS .. :whistle:

(going to give this another go)

Pkers vs Summoner: Pkers can still use their A/D to determine the outcome of the battles.. Summoners can use their summon lvl to determine the outcome..

Pkers vs Mage: Pker can still use their A/D to determine the outcome of the battle.. Mages can use their magic lvl to determine the outcome..

Mages vs Summoner: Mages can still use their magic lvl to determine the outcome.. Summoners can NOT use their summon lvl against an invis mage! this thing is freaking unbalanced!!

---

if any other skills clashs they can still use the skill they train'd on to determine the outcome... where in Summoning.. ur summon lvl does NOTHING against an invis mage! if u reply to this please answer my question..

question: what good does my summon lvl do against an invis mage? :whistle:

unless the ACs get TS their more like dead hay bundles just ASKING to be Smited/Harmed... i find this totally unbalanced ..

sure a Mage is at a disadvantage against an enermy with MI but the mage can still cast spells such as Restore & such..

while a Summoner is not at disadvantage BUT is at the mercy of the Invis Mage.. :whistle:

-TigerClaw of GoW

Noone BUT THE SUMMONER can heal with HEAL summoned spell.

if an ally does it(not original master) no heal occurs.

Then maybe there is some tweaking to be done :whistle:

Spell to give summons ts would be fun too i think.

come on people!! ACs & TS wont be so bad!! with out summons a Summoner is no longer a Summoner...

against an invis mage my summons a USELESS .. :whistle:

(going to give this another go)

Pkers vs Summoner: Pkers can still use their A/D to determine the outcome of the battles.. Summoners can use their summon lvl to determine the outcome..

Pkers vs Mage: Pker can still use their A/D to determine the outcome of the battle.. Mages can use their magic lvl to determine the outcome..

Mages vs Summoner: Mages can still use their magic lvl to determine the outcome.. Summoners can NOT use their summon lvl against an invis mage! this thing is freaking unbalanced!!

---

if any other skills clashs they can still use the skill they train'd on to determine the outcome... where in Summoning.. ur summon lvl does NOTHING against an invis mage! if u reply to this please answer my question..

unless the ACs get TS their more like dead hay bundles just ASKING to be Smited/Harmed... i find this totally unbalanced ..

sure a Mage is at a disadvantage against an enermy with MI but the mage can still cast spells such as Restore & such..

while a Summoner is not at disadvantage BUT is at the mercy of the Invis Mage.. :whistle:

-TigerClaw of GoW

I would be ok with AC having true sight, as the natural ones do as well as the invaded, thats ok with me.

Add to this falcons/hawks should have also (and their hit points lose only 1/min (15 hit points) so would be a nice safe centry animal (of course invis mage at night with camo cape may have a chance to sneak by ^^)

As for magic / harming/healing summons, i THINK that charm should be a multiplier to how much magic resistance your summons have. This way you cant just be an ebul mele fighter with 48p 48C 48R and 20V (example) you would need to be an ebul summoner of 20P 16C 48I 48V (for example) to be truely a Summoner and get all the advantages that come with the 48 charm.

Same goes for rangers and perception in my opinion..

This does not turn a classless game into a class one either. It is still classless, as you can build your chararter in any multible combination that you like.

You missed one vital component in that its not just

Summoning: ACs .. nothing

its

Summoning: ACs .. + Summoner

The summoner can use TS, bronze, bronze+arrow hax, harm, mag pots, acc/eva etc and have 8 ACW's fighting with him... so not really underbalanced is it ?

Edit: But maybe an idea that might be good is :

Have a spell based on animal nexus, that can remove the invisible status from a player.. ie: the summoner uses TS,spots a mage... casts the debuff and lets ac's do the rest

Then its down to player skill and tactics, not just summoning 8 TS'ed acw

Edited by conavar

be a funny sight to see. :whistle: Maybe that would be helpful by itself.

They don't drop bags, they are hollow on the inside :whistle:

However I think knowing a mage is there is enough. You can always alert people or quaff a ts pot and go slain the foe the old way.

Hard days ahead for invi rats

Oops, I was probably imagining invasion birdies.

Perhaps a invisible player is visible while in combat, but if they can flee combat, they return to invisible state (at the point they left it, time wise)

----

On ACWs with TS, they are suppose to be a tough creature, if they can ignore monster magnetism, why not invisibility as well?

It not like the request is: make all summons ignore invisibility, since they ALL ignore monster magnetism.

One question: Are the no votes on ACWs Ts because "AC summoned in Pk" or the fact ACWs with ts, would make assassinating hulda

trainers a bit more difficult ? :whistle:

Spell to give summons ts would be fun too i think.

Yep, make spells cast-able on other people, like remote heal. Tada you have a healer type mage.

Should be 2 types of mages, ones that do harm, and priest-like ones that heal and buff. (bard maybe?)

----

@ conavar

On your list, I think his complaint is: He doesn't want to be a Fighter\Summoner hybrid in order to be a Summoner in pk.

its underbalanced if you need everything from another combat discipline to survive. Even pure mages that have reasonably high

Attack\Defense levels, are still never equal to a pure fighter of the same AD. They (mages) aren't dependant on AD, so neither

should summoners.

In response to your question, I must ask this. What good is a mage at all versus a summon without invisibility? As you've said before, mages tend to have low attack and defense. Mages can not pin, paralyze or stop a summon or attacker from attacking them without say, a disengagement ring, and tend to die very quickly. I agree that 5-20 seconds is too short of a time in which they kill summons, however, with the current changes (basing smiting/healing/etc on summon levels) this should be fixed.

Pking: Bronze.

Summoning: ACs.

Mage: Harm.

how to make more SOP?? (not he staff now!! stands for SUPER OP)

btw, you neglected to mention that the higher your summon level the higher your summon's defense level. (iirc anyway) so summoning potions and more charm to your bronzie + arrow +pots and harm + pots + rationality.

sure sure u CAN make ur summons "stronger" with Teh Summoner Perk & more Charm, but does any of that helps against an invis mage?? no it doesnt cause the summons just stand there like hay bundles... so everyone plx reconsider ACs & TS.. come on. u cant expect summoners to go to a dead stop against all the other SOP items/abilities...

As someone has said before, there is always a rock to someone's scissors. Mages generally have lower a/d and are easily killed by pkers (Especially if they have MI which renders the mages offensiveness useless), PKers are easily dispatched by summons (the large groups), and therefore, summons are easily dispelled by mages.

However, I am leaving the rangers out of this little triangle merely because I do not know their value in pk, as not many have spoken of them. As I see them, they are a support to this "triangle" already. Since rangers can't get more than 2-3 shots off at someone if something's coming at them without constantly running back, as well as in history they are merely used to damage and thin the lines of the enemy before melee combat. (Or so I gathered from movies)

so adding TS would make all ACs having TS more consistance.. would also make summoners find them more worthwhile :whistle:

You yourself had said in the previous topic that you had summoned ACs several times before and found them worthwhile to summon (or so I assume when you mentioned kicking out other guilds from kf) until a mage came in.

I am saying all of this from an outside perspective and what I believe to be rational.

I voted no on ACWs with TS because it would make them rather invincible. As far as I know from talking to several players, the only way to survive an ACW summon is to go invisi and smite as fast as you can before being attacked by somone else while smiting.

@ conavar

On your list, I think his complaint is: He doesn't want to be a Fighter\Summoner hybrid in order to be a Summoner in pk.

its underbalanced if you need everything from another combat discipline to survive. Even pure mages that have reasonably high

Attack\Defense levels, are still never equal to a pure fighter of the same AD. They (mages) aren't dependant on AD, so neither

should summoners.

I do understand that but any changes should be made to the Summoner not the summons (like the suggestion in my edited post above ) or make the summons see what the summoner does, if the summoner uses Ts and see's a mage then the summons do, its then down to player skill and tactics, not just summoning 8 TSed ACW, going to make a coffee, coming back and counting the death msgs (extreme example )

@ conavar

should summoners.

I do understand that but any changes should be made to the Summoner not the summons (like the suggestion in my edited post above ) or make the summons see what the summoner does, if the summoner uses Ts and see's a mage then the summons do, its then down to player skill and tactics, not just summoning 8 TSed ACW, going to make a coffee, coming back and counting the death msgs (extreme example )

yes i can agree with this here.

if the Summoner has TS then the summons should have as well, i can live with this :whistle:

so radu plx!!! i read earilier that summoners & their summons shares a temporary "ID" and if we lag then we get assigned a different ID and such .. but in the end u said it was "do-able" or "semi-reliable" so ponder about conavar's idea :whistle: