Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sabaka

Remove the antisocial perk

Remove the perk and deduct the pps from players who have taken it and let them trade with NPCs again. This perk doesn't make any sense. The people that take it then use mules(2nd account) to buy whatever they need from NPCs. I know I'd hate to log in back and forth from two accounts and would eventually get sick of the game..

No I don't have antisocial myself..

Because this one is too hard to police I think and is not worth the trouble because it will always encourage people to create a 2nd account.

I have that perk, and I dont have a second account.. O_o The players in my guild have to buy stuff for me - potions etc. and that works fine.

I think it is not hard to police... Ent just need to create some filter in the server...

If 2 players using the same IP adress want to trade, fdont allow... Well... the problem is that 2 player can have the same ip adress without beeing the same person (proxy servers, shared internet connections)... I dont know a sollution for that.

the same things to droped bags... If anyone drops a bag, another player with the same ip could not take it... again, problems with proxys and shared connections...

Maybe someone has a better sollution... But i dont think we need to take it out becasu some people abuse it...

Mods could be notified when 2 players with the same ip address trade but then players would just drop the stuff into a bag and you cant stop them from doing that easily. Or mods could be notified when 2 players with the same ip address are in a store like the library. But then one could just stay outside while the other goes in to buy the item and usually they wouldn't travel with their mule so... Mods could just be notified when 2 players with the same ip are on and the mods could go check it out or something.

I like the anti-social perk because it gives me +10 pp so i can be a potion maker, harvester, fighter, crafter etc... all i have to do is ask a guild mate or someone close by to buy stuff for me, people in CO are very nice and will usually buy the stuff for me especially mamawarrior ;)

Just giving my thoughts because im sitting in school very bored. I think it's too easy to get straight A's at my school and...well offtopic so ill stop :wink:

antisocial...i agree it should be removed and people given their points back...(i do NOT have antisocial so i am not saying this for my gain). When people are the noob channel even, moderators, are telling people to create a second account etc. something is wrong. Delete this shit.

The thing with making it so 2 files with the same ip cant be done because alot of players that live in the same area and use dial-up have the same ip. Me and matrixx ips are almost exactly the same with only a little differnce and some times it is the exact same because we use the same dial-up company. We always trading since we are friends and that would totally ruin the game.

Yup I am with Eldwen wouldnt work.

1) You wouldnt be able to pick up a bag you just dropped (might but the way your saying sounds to me like you wouldt be allowed)

2) You could log out and log in as you chracter and pick up bag from mule in a secluded unwitnessed area of he map

3) Not every guild has member like CO who are willing to stop what they are doing and buy something for an antisocial. I admit I do not mind getting stuff for an atisocial whether they are in my guild or not

4) I think it should stay in the game, but be reduced to 5 pps and make it to where you just cant sell anything to them, I think that would be a much better solution the to take it away completely

antisocial...i agree it should be removed and people given their points back...

Well, considering antisocial is a NEGATIVE perk... don't you mean take the points away from the players? Nothing forces you to take this negative perk.

Thats what #reset is for...

On this point, I couldn't agree more. If you don't like the NEGATIVE perk, just reset your stats.

Guest Zeplin

On some other games, To stop Multiple clients from the same PC, They implement a system were by the Client sends the to the server the bound interfaces Mac address, And in the event 2 players appear from the same ip, It can compare the Mac to see if they are on the same PC.

This is effective with players who are behind proxy's and NAT. the only situation it wouldn't stop is a player with more then 1 PC.

Also the Mac address is available on all Operating systems currently supported by the client.

The is very little extra load with this type of implementation, And a simple list could be created on the fly at the server end, And compared for each new connection connection.

stop ur bitchin! it's a NEGATIVE perk, therefore we can't just go up and buy something like anyone who doesn't have the perk, we would have to go through all the trouble to get someone to buy it for us or go on a 2nd file, and the 2 character mule rule isn't enforced very well to begin with, if you don't like us having it get it yourself, it's a NEGATIVE perk, therefore we get NEGATIVE affects

you obviously do not understand it...people use antisocial and just go around it by breaking the rules...to prevent this just remove it.

And punish the ones that don't break the rules by taking away the points they got by taking it? So you want to ruin it for everyone just because a few people break the rules. And IF it did get removed, you'd have to take the points away from everyone that took it. How would you know what they spent those 10 points on?

Guest Zeplin

Stuff flameing, Its a legitimate complaint, just think of ways other then destroying the idea behind it, To fix the idea of ppl abusing it

On some other games, To stop Multiple clients from the same PC, They implement a system were by the Client sends the to the server the bound interfaces Mac address, And in the event 2 players appear from the same ip, It can compare the Mac to see if they are on the same PC.

This is effective with players who are behind proxy's and NAT. the only situation it wouldn't stop is a player with more then 1 PC.

Also the Mac address is available on all Operating systems currently supported by the client.

The is very little extra load with this type of implementation, And a simple list could be created on the fly at the server end, And compared for each new connection connection.

The server can't see the client PCs MAC address, it only sees the MAC address of the nearest router. The way other games do this, is by having the client get the computers MAC address, and send it to the server, but we can't do this, since the client is open source, and anyone who wants to cheat would just change that one line necessary to get it to report a random MAC address.

Guest Toyminator

What does this have to do with "Remove the antisocial perk"?

What does this have to do with "Remove the antisocial perk"?

Read the thread. We are discussing if the antisocial perk should be removed, or we can somehow prevent people with antisocial from cheating by using mules.

Guest Zeplin

yeah i can see the point about open source and someone just modifying the code to submit a random MAC, The Majority of players arnt coders. But then of course, Someone can just host a new bin or exe on another site.

My ideas out the window then hehe, Howabout this system inplimented in a way that isnt open source? The function called from a dll? or a shared lib? have the client md5 check it, And then impliment this fucntion?

yeah i can see the point about open source and someone just modifying the code to submit a random MAC, The Majority of players arnt coders. But then of course, Someone can just host a new bin or exe on another site.

My ideas out the window then hehe, Howabout this system inplimented in a way that isnt open source? The function called from a dll? or a shared lib? have the client md5 check it, And then impliment this fucntion?

You don't need to be a coder to remove the line that gets the Mac-address.

Forget about hiding the check in a separate DLL, or MD5 checking it, it might be a bit harder to remove for someone with no coding skills, but it's not worth the trouble. Look at Quake and similar games. Where do you think aim bots come from? Someone who knows how to program made them. Ok, this game is not as big as Quake... Yet.

And btw, it's not that hard to change the Mac address in Control Panel either.