Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathanstenzel

New command #pray god and/or holy symbols

The blessings in this game only get used on occasion. Being far from the temple makes going to a specific continent and map too much of an inconvenience for people to get the blessings very often.

I think we should have a #pray god command so we could #pray aluwen or #pray unolas etc and get our blessings when we are not at the temple.

Since you have to pay for the blessing at the temple, you should have to pay for it when away. Since it is more convenient and not in the temple, it should probably cost double whatever the blessing cost is at the temple.

We could even have holy symbols of our gods that could be required for this. If we have those, it could have a 10% chance of being poofing when we try to use it. This could perhaps even replace or supplement the #pray command and be clickable so that is would get you your blessing by clicking it.

Maybe a Prayer stone bought from an npc, They would need to be expensive, or they will be over used to help avoid fail rates for consumable items

I like the prayer stone idea. The command.. not so much.

I like the concept of such an item as well, though I am against it being yet another stone. Let's be more original and make it a relic or something?

Maybe a Prayer stone bought from an npc, They would need to be expensive, or they will be over used to help avoid fail rates for consumable items

High level engeneering maybe ?

I like it - could be a cross with different jewelrys in it for different gods.

However if the cost is still gc it wont work since gc are cheap - the blessing for the manufacturing god cost only 25gc.

I think that to activate the blessing should require some item that is consumed to get the blessing - like 1 polished emerald to get the blessing - or the polished jewel that corresponds to the jewels in the cross.

That way it increases the uses of polished jewelry and creates a market to sell those to those that uses the crosses and not have the crafting skill. By costing an item people can't go around and casting those blessing all the time which they can if it just would cost gc.

Nice idea, and I agree, it should be expensive to purchase or make or have an expensive npc-only ingredient to make. Either the "prayer stone" or the ingredient required to craft such an item could be made available via each god's priest. I also think it would be a nice item to have a % chance of disappearing on use, similar to light or invasion meters. It also seems like it would fit into the crafting category better than eng, but I can't really say that objectively. :D

On a side note, I'm also interested to hear what active pk'ers think of this idea. Would it make much difference if your opponent had access to attack blessings in combat and you did not? Would it just increase the expense of trying to stay competitive in pk?

Nice idea, and I agree, it should be expensive to purchase or make or have an expensive npc-only ingredient to make. Either the "prayer stone" or the ingredient required to craft such an item could be made available via each god's priest. I also think it would be a nice item to have a % chance of disappearing on use, similar to light or invasion meters. It also seems like it would fit into the crafting category better than eng, but I can't really say that objectively. :D

On a side note, I'm also interested to hear what active pk'ers think of this idea. Would it make much difference if your opponent had access to attack blessings in combat and you did not? Would it just increase the expense of trying to stay competitive in pk?

Absoluelty, This will make godless an even more negitive perk ^^

I like the idea of getting blessings anywhere in game, but if its done with stones somehow they must only be available to followers of the respective God, or else potions would become redundant.

Edited by extrapolation

Great idea, in any version.

But don't let this be a level 80 engineering item, that takes 3 ice dragon scales each.

Nothing that is certain to make it totally unused great idea.

However if the cost is still gc it wont work since gc are cheap - the blessing for the manufacturing god cost only 25gc.

[...]

That way it increases the uses of polished jewelry and creates a market to sell those to those that uses the crosses and not have the crafting skill. By costing an item people can't go around and casting those blessing all the time which they can if it just would cost gc.

It should be a Eternal Lands fantasy symbol and nothing from someones RL religion, please,

if a medallion was to be used for this purpose.

The blessings in this game only get used on occasion. Being far from the temple makes going to a specific continent and map too much of an inconvenience for people to get the blessings very often.

And your speaking for who?

Proof?

But I do like the stone idea.

Paul, as many people like the idea of obtaining blessings from far away, I do believe that many people do find it inconvenient. Failing that, I find it so inconvenient I have never gotten a blessing except once as a new player and wondered what happened. I had failed to notice the +5? next to my level until it was already gone.

I believe the relic shouldn't cost more than 1-2kgc and reagents shouldn't cost more than 100-200gc.

Perhaps also have this "remote bless" have only 80% of the potency. (If +10 levels on location, +8 remotely)

Stone? ROFL

I said a holy symbol and I meant a holy symbol. "Stones" are found in the game and are as hard as hell to get ahold of. I was not thinking of something so fricken rare that you don't want to bother with it. That would defeat the purpose of the idea. Besides, with all these stones.....did someone lose their marbles or something? :icon4:

If #pay unolas or whatever is done, I agree with the idea that just gc is bad. There would have to be something that has emu capacity to it.

I was thinking of a cross or other item that could be either bought from the npc or made with something like 1 bar, 1 polished emerald and 1 essence. Something like that.

I don't think these items are something you should be able to use in combat, with the exception of Aluwen's holy symbol. When suddenly attacked would be the time you would most need her blessing.

BTW, a hammer, a jewlry chisel, a shield, an axe, a serpent, a wand, etc, might be good symbols.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Call it a Symbol/stone or what ever you wish,

The idea of having remote blessings is a good one, though they would need to be expensive, as only to be used when the user feels it to be important, An "item" worth 2-5k would be reasonanable. If they cost to little people will just mix contiuosly with them. The attack/defense gods I think can be used in combat, but would need to cost enough to make it worth while. Or again, people will click them madly like envasion/accuracy pots

If you do use the pray coMmand, it would make magic training so much easier. You could sit in some ok map with your friend and type the command to get the blessing and md ping pong. Plus the blessing for unolas is +10 so instead of starting md training at Mage 35, you could start at Mage 30.

Not sure if this is a bad or good thing.

I like the pray stone/symbol idea.

Edited by daiske1

Déjà vu

repeating myself ftl

[...]

Stone? ROFL

I said a holy symbol and I meant a holy symbol. "Stones" are found in the game and are as hard as hell to get ahold of. I was not thinking of something so fricken rare that you don't want to bother with it. That would defeat the purpose of the idea. Besides, with all these stones.....did someone lose their marbles or something? :P

If #pay unolas or whatever is done, I agree with the idea that just gc is bad. There would have to be something that has emu capacity to it.

I was thinking of a cross or other item that could be either bought from the npc or made with something like 1 bar, 1 polished emerald and 1 essence. Something like that.

I don't think these items are something you should be able to use in combat, with the exception of Aluwen's holy symbol. When suddenly attacked would be the time you would most need her blessing.

It should be a Eternal Lands fantasy symbol and nothing from someones RL religion, please,

if a medallion was to be used for this purpose. A magical stone can be a holy symbol, the fact the game

has many magical stones this makes absolute perfect sense.

BTW, a hammer, a jewlry chisel, a shield, an axe, a serpent, a wand, etc, might be good symbols.

Now thats the spirit :whistle:

I still like the idea, sans personal agendas.

Easy turbo. There are 15 bazillion different types of crosses w/ origins supposedly dating back to the stone age, I don't think anyone is attempting to include their personal religious icons into Eternal Lands. But you know, we could have prayer mats for the gods or even prayer beads that you have to use 500 times to get the blessing.

Edit: Typo

Edited by chr0nik

Mortos blessing is commonly used in PK.

Most ppl I know bless and mix high end items at temple, I made s2e's as noob at manu god too.

The biggest problem with remote blessings is that if an item is required, most will whine it's too expensive to use (omfg 1k wtf I can't mix tiger stones 24/7 with that cost) If it isn't an obvious shortcut to easier powerleveling we will most likely get the a/d reduction pot result and notice it soon removed like speed hax pot.

Buuuuut other solution could be a ring to teleport straight/near to temple. On use you get a box of gods available (that you worship) and choose the location.

I'm still happy with what we have now. Not too easy but you get advantage if you bother to use it. Too easy would ruin the fun.

If you do use the pray command, it would make magic training so much easier. You could sit in some pk map with your friend and type the command to get the blessing and md ping pong. Plus the blessing for unolas is +10 so instead of starting md training at Mage 35, you could start at Mage 30.

daiske made a point there. Perhaps the magic skill should be left out of that suggestion at all.

Or as a tweak, let blessings via stone/symbol only be +5 to avoid that problem :whistle:

While I like the general concept of being able to get blessing without going to the temple, Im not sure an item is the best way. To me anyway just doesnt seem practical to be able to have the time to pray to your god/goddess/holy hippy tree mid-combat.

So maybe the idea could be joined with the new quest idea's. Have Npc's representing priests/gods avatar on certain maps and after completing a mini quest for them, you are able to recieve a lesser blessing from them (for a lesser cost ofc)

Easy turbo. There are 15 bazillion different types of crosses w/ origins supposedly dating back to the stone age, I don't think anyone is attempting to include their personal religious icons into Eternal Lands. But you know, we could have prayer mats for the gods or even prayer beads that you have to use 500 times to get the blessing.

Edit: Typo

I lol'd really.

Regardless of how many types of that particular religious symbol exists, its still just

from one religion. And of that religion they would only date back to the religions creation, which

was not 'the stone age'. Its is NOT a universal symbol. I think blind belief that everyone

thinks the same way, is an attempt. Please keep it a fantasy game, sigh.

@Conavar: I think asking for divine intervention is combat is more reaslistic than the

countless wardrobe changes we currently can do.

But I guess really its about what item and how you get a remote blessing, because the blessing mechanic

is already there.

High level engeneering maybe ?

Surely summoning - the stone summons the priest who pops up - waves a wand and the disappears in a puff of green smoke!

I lol'd really.

Regardless of how many types of that particular religious symbol exists, its still just

from one religion. And of that religion they would only date back to the religions creation, which

was not 'the stone age'. Its is NOT a universal symbol. I think blind belief that everyone

thinks the same way, is an attempt. Please keep it a fantasy game, sigh.

Do some quick research, you'll see. Glad you lol'd tho, it's good for you. :whistle: In any case, in the absence of an item used to invoke a god's blessing remotely, I really like Conavar's idea - especially considering how many new quests have been and may continue to be added to the game.

maybe if each blessing is given by each hability... for example for Mortos it takes a sword, for Glilin you shoud manufacturate an item (some middle level req), for Selain should summon a creature...

this sounds nice but i think the 'remote blessing' should be allowed to every level player, and not depending of you can summon/manu/craft... something. Maybe given an item that could be sold...

like 1 gypsum+5 LEs+1 hawk feather+1 falcon feather + 1 poison ivy = 1 summoning blessing stone;

or 1 IOTF ring + 1 IP ring + 1 polisshed diamont = 1 crafting blessing ring...

PS: sry for those crazy thoughts but maybe you like some of the previous ideas.

Some people don't like the idea of a blessing item that you can carry with you. How about having many alters/statues/wishing wells/whatever spread throughout c1 and c2. You go to one of these alters and get your blessing. It would cost more than a blessing from a temple, but not so much that no one would do it.

I envision having one of these in almost every map, preferably close to storage. Maybe we should keep them out of pk maps so that the pkers aren't constantly crowded around the alter getting attack blessings. It would also keep people from getting magic blessings before they play MD ping pong with each other.

I haven't decided whether each skill should get it's own alter or should the alters be multi-denominational (all skills use the same alter.)

Does this satisfy the people who don't like the idea of using talismans?