Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

A way to get some capes out of game

I don't use this cape. Why? If I am pure mixer, why do I need 10 human for ONE cape? I think the nexus needed should be changed,perhaps 4 veggie 4 arti and 2 magic all together should be needed, but the max human nexus a mixer needs is 5 (for CoM/CoL) which honestly isn't even needed now because of the RDHoLM.

Now I never thought about doing hydro pps, but personally I still believe if I am gonna get a rare item I am, if I am not, I am not, nothing can change my luck even if it's multiplied by 10. It's strictly based on luck, which I have with or without the cape :)

Just my 2 cents and why I don't use the cape :)

I do understand the 10 pps that radu as made for a person to be able to use the Arti cape. I mean to have a better chance at rare items, there has to be some kind of sacrifice. However, from hearing from others who use the cape and say how much of a small difference if any at all it makes, it does make the pps wasted in a sense. However if the arti cape was buffed up as said in my prior posts, it could really make it worth taking those pps. And tbh if you are a PURE mixer, putting extra pps on Human nexus shouldn't be a problem. Only thing a PURE mixer needs is phys and coord for emu and nexus for whatever they mix. Rest of the attributes are worthless.

Edited by Kidberg

Ah, they use mana too :) so lots of will needed. It really depends on the build they want though. But yes, if it were buffed up, it would be worth it. But when I am producing about th same as one who wears it, either I am very lucky, or they are very unlucky.

At this time requireing 10 human nexus (when the msot anything else requires is 7) makes the cape a perk. Or a sub perk imo.

a) it requires 3 more pp then any other armor/clothes/whatever ingame

B) it is the ONLY cape that requires a nexus

c) while we judge it by the ever wanted and expensive EFE it is virtually useless on those. Its much better for making ele, ewe, emp and ghp ect.

I don't think making it breakable is the answer. It will only make people horde them. Remove the cost, either make a mix of the mixing nexus's, 7 human. That way it will be more usable by people. If they already have the nexus they'll use the cape.

Personally I would rather see the rates reduced/more peopel get the rare items then have the cape be a perk.

An npc buying these capes at a somewhat fair price will help greatly some will exit, until players are intrested in buying more for then the npc price

I agree with Kid and Wizzy, both make good points. Many have invested the pp's and there should be some bonus. An npc to cap the price would help as well. I have always thought clothes, arti cape, exca cape, and other items that are never used to fight in, and therefor won't have a chance to break, should degrade. More enter while none exit. And as always with arti, if you don't want it, don't invest the pp's.

On a side note, I dont understand the "zomg, people would horde" argument. Either people watch to much of the tv show horders, or they are just haters, cause someone has something they don't. This isnt communism, if you want something, work for it, then do as you please with it.

Degrading is an interesting idea. Maybe if they degraded a high lvl tailor could take a whack at fixing it like HB/Tankle. Maybe they'll fix it and maybe it will break. Would give tailors something useful for their skill as well.

Degrading is an interesting idea. Maybe if they degraded a high lvl tailor could take a whack at fixing it like HB/Tankle. Maybe they'll fix it and maybe it will break. Would give tailors something useful for their skill as well.

I have never done the tailor skill, but seems to me, most who want cloths, has them. No way for them to leave game has to kill demand. They are expensive, so should be a small chance imo. Same for arti and exca cape. Thats why I support the idea, and figured mixers would LOVE the chance to make more special items, at a cost ofc. Tbh, would prob help to lower costs of said items, which again, would help high end mixers. And, the worst that would happen, is some of the arti capes that are sitting in sto's and on bots would sell. Everything has a down side, ying and yang, but none of the prior posts have found it yet.

An npc buying these capes at a somewhat fair price will help greatly some will exit, until players are intrested in buying more for then the npc price

This would be a good idea as well. There just needs to be some way of an exit for the capes that way they don't go so low in price you have to practically pay someone else to take it. The capes also need a buff to make them even worth getting.

Well, those things would make the nexus removal stones (and hydro bars) obsolete, becasue you buy the capes, get the perk and remove it with a perk removal stone, and you get 7PPs.

I'm sorry I don't get it how can't you sell arti cape surly someone will buy it just lower the price maybe 1kGC or less.

but for getting something more out of capes that you see wow we have allot of them seems to me just greedy let's get more out of it.

I really agree for cape buyer so you get decent money for that cape.

I'm sorry but H-nexus seems to me (not what has to be; not what must be) just an privilege.

sorry for ,,,,,,,, I never understood where to get them.

I suggest that the artificer cape become breakable on chance while mixing, very rarely.

Well, i think that the cape could break while mixing but on other rules. The cape could have a chance to break after making a rare item. Similarly to harv med. When you are harvesting it's ok but after event it sometimes breaks.

But there's another side of this... Rare items have different value e.g. EMP and EME... The solution of this could be that there would be a different chance of braking it.

I suggest that the artificer cape become breakable on chance while mixing, very rarely.

Well, i think that the cape could break while mixing but on other rules. The cape could have a chance to break after making a rare item. Similarly to harv med. When you are harvesting it's ok but after event it sometimes breaks.

But there's another side of this... Rare items have different value e.g. EMP and EME... The solution of this could be that there would be a different chance of braking it.

That's an interesting slant on it. Overall, I think Kidberg's idea of making the cape breakable, and slightly raising the chance of mixing a rare item in counterpart, is a good one and might help with the freefall that arti cape prices have been going through. I like my arti cape, and though the human 10 nexus may not have been worth it in terms of strict efficiency of PP use, I would happily do it again.