Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

A way to get some capes out of game

I have seen how the arti capes are hard to sell, prices drop a lot.

It make me think, could they be used to buy the arti perk, like we buy pp with hydro bars ?

Maybe 7 human nexus needed and 10-20-30- don't know arti capes to a NPC ?

Same could be done with other drop capes to get some out of game.

And it should still be possible to get perks like we get them now.

Very nice idea Zam

It would be a nice exit for the capes, and give some benifit to those that want the perk.

Perhaps 500 BP capes would give you the bp perk

500 Mirror capes for mirror perk

30 NMT for the NMT perk

30 Arit capes for the ariti perkÉ

Very nice idea Zam

It would be a nice exit for the capes, and give some benifit to those that want the perk.

Perhaps 500 BP capes would give you the bp perk

500 Mirror capes for mirror perk

30 NMT for the NMT perk

30 Arit capes for the ariti perkÉ

(Do we also mean Exc\Fast Regen\etc perks too?)

Well this would have a side effect, while it would get rid of some drop capes

the market value of BP\Mirror capes will inflate. However, due to Mirror Cloak's break rate

its tough to buy one, let alone 500 :/

Maybe the results are wanted, 40k for mirror cloaks, 30k for Bp cloaks ?

While it would create an exit for NMTs, it makes it a rich player only thing. At 12 million for the NMT perk,

Do we really want that too, along with PPs?

(Do we also mean Exc\Fast Regen\etc perks too?)

Only drop capes, maybe some capes should drop more often then, would make people feel they have more luck too :D

Do npc's currently buy any capes? This would get some of the drop capes out of the game too. It would have a side-effect of putting a floor on the prices so that they can't drop below a certain price. This would probably be better than trading the capes for perks.

Your idea sounds good at first, but after thinking about it, I think it has problems.

I seriously doubt anyone will get ahold of 20-30 of a specific cape. I thought that artificer perk took 7 pickpoints in the first place. Asking for that many pickpoints and X capes is worse than going to the wraith. The wraith only wants 7 pp and something like 100K gc.

Having it cost less pickpoints would make it a pp buying method, which we need to be careful of because that would make gc > your idea > pp possible. That, in turn could get more $ > gc trades to occur which would probably annoy Radu.

I thought that artificer perk took 7 pickpoints in the first place. Asking for that many pickpoints and X capes is worse than going to the wraith. The wraith only wants 7 pp and something like 100K gc.

Having it cost less pickpoints would make it a pp buying method, which we need to be careful of because that would make gc > your idea > pp possible. That, in turn could get more $ > gc trades to occur which would probably annoy Radu.

I have already 7 human, they are used for the high level armor and I think very many have it.

I could just buy 3 human = 150 hydro bars and a cape for 55kgc , why spend 7 pp ?

But the capes would soon be impossible to sell.

Arti capes are still worth a lot more then most other capes. Its only natural as more players fight higher level monsters and get good drops for the prices to go down.

Edited by Silvatica

30 NMT capes for the perk is just insane kk.

Not a good idea.

I suspect that the arti cape is harder to sell because less people are in game than before and also radu setting the chance for items like EFEs to 0 would have its effect on people's decisions to purchase the cape.

Also radu added the artificer perk back to the game a while back and I am sure that has something to do with why they are not selling.

Or you have listed your price to high for people to want to buy. (Capes were over 100Kgc even at 200Kgc when I started playing and now I can buy one for 50-60Kgc if I wanted)

Yeah....EFE chance is practically 0 or around that. The chance of them coming in the game might have decreased some simply because people gave up on the idea of trying to get one after making over 100K FE and not getting any EFE.

3 of my guildmates decided to get the artificer perk a couple of months ago. Artificer is mainly useful for ELE and EWE.

Edit: fixing wording from "price" to "chance"

Edited by nathanstenzel

Is it a bad thing that the arti cape has become significantly cheaper over the past 12 mos. or so? The nmt cape surely hasn't. The other popular drop capes like mirror and monster magnetism seem to be more difficult to find lately. Honestly, I don't see a need for a "drop cape sink" and it might actually make it even more difficult for newer players to acquire them.

As far as I am concerned, more artificer capes means more of a chance of getting those very rare EFE made in game.

Yeah....EFE price is practically 0 or around that. The chance of them coming in the game might have decreased some simply because people gave up on the idea of trying to get one after making over 100K FE and not getting any EFE.

3 of my guildmates decided to get the artificer perk a couple of months ago. Artificer is mainly useful for ELE and EWE.

Compelled to point something out.

He stated the "chance' of making an EFE, through *luck*, is nearly or at zero.

I assume you missed typed "price" and meant "chance'.

Entropy did stat he made EFE chance to zero for 2? weeks once, so I doubt its reasonable to speculate on

their actual chance. He asked us in a poll, many moons ago, if he should publicly announce rate changes,

and iirc it was overwhelming toward silence. It caused items price to inflate, and mass hording.

@topic

Perhaps something that requires both capes and a quest requiring certain skills levels to complete.

Kill a dragon, have 80 alch, make a CoL, and so on, at least it would stop purely buying it, and requiring a

player to actually earn it ingame.

the market value of BP\Mirror capes will inflate. However, due to Mirror Cloak's break rate

While it would create an exit for NMTs, it makes it a rich player only thing. At 12 million for the NMT perk,

As far as I know are the mirror and bp capes sold from the shop.

If they are hard to buy now, buy from the shop. :)

But capes sold from the shop should not give any perks, but only drop capes like arti, nmt, camo.

And they should drop a little more often, to make more people have luck, not only very few.

[...]

As far as I know are the mirror and bp capes sold from the shop.

I always thought no drop capes were buy able through the shop.

The common capes (not the rare ones) are $6 each.

So, for some clarification, does radu sell NMT/Mirror/BP/Arti capes from the shop?

If so, how much?.

I always thought no drop capes were buy able through the shop.
The common capes (not the rare ones) are $6 each.

So, for some clarification, does radu sell NMT/Mirror/BP/Arti capes from the shop?

If so, how much?.

He doesn't, only the ones sold by Viktor in WSC afaik

Zamirah's idea is pretty interesting, but why gather and trade off all those capes, rather than wear one? Cape much better than perk anyway, PP cost means a lot more than any GC value.

Maybe better to decrease arti cape drops?

Having an NPC buy capes is an interesting idea.

Here is another idea.....perhaps silly but then again it might be good.

As a tailoring skill, you could sew capes as a liner for aug armour.

The armour would have the same effect as the cape.

Make the break rate higher than aug armour but lower than capes.

It would enable you to basically wear two capes at once.

since arti capes are the topic, I will use that for an example:

Someone puts on aug armour with arti cape lining and an excavator cape.

They go out to harv and bag mix FE on location.

No need to switch capes.

Bunny hops by and they decide to karate chop it. They have just risked breaking the armour.

easier solution would be to make NMT and Arti breakable.

sure it might sound bad, but in the end people would need to replace them, keeps them being wanted. you probably earn more from being able to sell those cloaks you are now unable to sell then you would lose from breaking a cloak.

sure it might sound bad, but in the end people would need to replace them, keeps them being wanted. you probably earn more from being able to sell those cloaks you are now unable to sell then you would lose from breaking a cloak.

Perhaps with the new magic resistance, The cloak of no more warlock will become a bit more popular

The NMT breakable suggestion was posted many times, and I really like it, but people would start crying: OMFG NO WAI!!1!

Regarding the original suggestion, I don't know.. with so many positive perk removal stones in the game, that's a lot of PPs out there.

Perhaps the solution is much simpler... if there's getting to be too many NMT/Arti's out there, reduce their drop rates and raise the mirror ones a bit in compromise, which I've seen are hard to find, well-used, and break fairly easily.

Could possibly raise the MM capes a bit as well as they seem to be hard to get as well lately and newbies tend to fight in them which gets rid of them fairly well, hehe. Though not as much as mirrors.

(Or if there's critters that drop NMT or arti but not mirror/MM, give those critters a chance to drop the latter as a "pacifier" to cover the reduced nmt/arti drops.)

This does make sense in that capes with essentially no chance of disappearing should come into the game at a much lower rate than ones which are regularly used and break easy.

If the arti's are as overly abundant as claimed, maybe even "pull an EFE" and set their drops to 0 for a while. The overabundance will eventually/hopefully dissipate with new players.

(And I'm training/killing creatures that could drop NMT/arti, so there's definitely nothing self-serving here... Never had an NMT or Arti drop and this suggestion reduces those chances, hehe)

I hear the screams of "no, I want my spawn to drop me some big gc too with an NMT!" as well, but to hack with them.

Market-wise, what I'm seeing is:

NMT - Seeing a few sitting on bots at what are reasonable prices for it. Good indication that the drop rate could probably go down a bit.

Arti - Price drop of over 100k since a year ago. Several gathering dust on bots at such low prices but still not going anywhere. Definitely needs a drastic reduction of incoming capes.

MM - Get bought up pretty fast. Almost none available on market. Could be slightly increased without affecting the price for them.

Mirror - Seem to be in heavy demand but not many out there to be bought. Only ones seen are seriously overpriced on a couple bots, "for suckers only" prices. An increase in drops would get the "suckers only" prices gone, and since they're used and broken fairly regularly won't end up being overabundant.

The Disclaimer: IMHO :)

Edited by Burn

NMT - Seeing a few sitting on bots at what are reasonable prices for it. Good indication that the drop rate could probably go down a bit.

Arti - Price drop of over 100k since a year ago. Several gathering dust on bots at such low prices but still not going anywhere. Definitely needs a drastic reduction of incoming capes.

MM - Get bought up pretty fast. Almost none available on market. Could be slightly increased without affecting the price for them.

Mirror - Seem to be in heavy demand but not many out there to be bought. Only ones seen are seriously overpriced on a couple bots, "for suckers only" prices. An increase in drops would get the "suckers only" prices gone, and since they're used and broken fairly regularly won't end up being overabundant.

Maybe a NPC who trade other capes for arti ?

Edited by Zamirah

Awakening an old thread.

With the price of artificer capes as low as they are now a days and as hard as they are to sell, a fix needs to be.

I suggest that the artificer cape become breakable on chance while mixing, very rarely. Maybe 1 in every 75000 or 100000 mixes. In exchange for the breakage chance, the increased chance of making a rare item due to this cape should be raised even more than now that way the cape is still appealing and worth it to wear and spend the extra pps to get. If possible, the perk itself should stay the same as it is now. Just the cape have an even more increased chance due to the breakage of the cape.

A fix to the arti cape would fix multiple problems in my opinion. First being how hard it is to sell and the low amount you have to sell them for. Second, arti cape is not that appealing now. Maybe with an even more increase chance of making a rare item, it would become more appealing. Third, would be a better "sink" for some pps if it becomes more appealing.

May not be the best option so give you option too.

Kid

To me, an extra 3 pps is a lot. Most people focus on fighting and can't sacrifice 3 pps or because they hardly mix and it isnt worth it.

I'm not talking about appealing to strictly fighters. Strictly fighters wouldn't waste 3 pps (or 7 for perk) simply because they don't mix as often. I'm talking about appealing to semi fighters and mixers. In my case, I have 2 characters. One is strictly a fighter the other is nothing but a mixer. On the fighter, I have nmt cape, dont want a arti cape or perk. On mixer, I have arti cape and do not want a nmt cape or perk.

Simply put, arti cape is not for all out fighters.