Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Snowghost

Mountain Instence Not Working Right

I downloaded the non-corrupted 80-100 instence, and for some reason, i'm loading up the corrupted one everytime i go in. I have the correct one in the maps section, unzipped. Once i load on the instence i get to a certain point, and fall through the map. Pls if somebody can help id appreciate it.

The new version of the file is supposed to REPLACE the previous version, so if you are loading up the old map, chances are that you did not put the file in the proper place. The location is printed on starting up the client: look for a dark green line telling you the location of your data files (not personal settings and logs); the instance_mountain.elm file should be put inside a folder called "maps" inside that folder, and overwrite your previous version (you might get a confirmation request from your OS, depending on how you do the copy).

Notice that there is no official .bmp for the tab-map for those files.

Edit: Also, on some OS files are case-insensitive, on others they are case-sensitive. Make sure you don't have, for example, both instance_mountain.elm and Instance_Mountain.elm.

Edited by Usl

The maps are in C:\Eternal Lands\main\maps. and the file name for the instence is instence_mountain perhaps its incorrect file? also i'm on windows if that has any signficance.

The maps are in C:\Eternal Lands\main\maps. and the file name for the instence is instence_mountain perhaps its incorrect file? also i'm on windows if that has any signficance.

It's almost certainly the wrong place (the "main" part is typically found on the logs folder, not the data folder) and/or the wrong name (it is instance_mountain.elm, not instence_mountain - although Windows might hide the .elm part from you).

I cannot offer better advice than what I told you in the first post: have you actually read the path to the data folder, in dark green, on the first EL screen just after you login, as suggested in the previous post?

Ok, i found the data folder, and put the files there. Tyvm :) didnt check there, didnt even know EL had files there.

Excellent! Happy instance then! :confused::rolleyes::pickaxe::D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this