Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teehee

Deer antlers in TS pots

Hey,

Since TS pots are one of the primary ways to level potion, I'm suggesting for deer antlers to become stackable so they can be more bearably bought from the NPC; hauling 33 or so of them at a time from npc to ws storage is kind of ridiculous :/. Also it will help early trainers to make money instead of littering EL with them because it takes up slots.

Nice and needed suggestion. Buying them from other players is a pain nowadays (could be because of lack

of enough new players bashing deers, so new influx of antlers is diminishing). If you are lucky, you can

buy 100+ at a time. Problem too is, that I still remember my early days here, where I always found bags,

containing antlers, because other players didn't pick them up. That is due to the fact, that they don't know

what to do with them in their low levels, so they are left to rot on ground.

So, I think it would be nice to let them stack, so we can buy them at least from NPC a bit more comfortably.

Stackable, brilliant plan. Im quite a potter but since antlers is needed for TS pot I dont make them at all :/

They are hardly sold at market, I always have an eye on ch 3 but never see antlers for sale.

Deer antlers are vary builky objects, which would be a good reason for them not to be stackable. You can always pay newbs to collect them for you and do storage trades.

OH AND ALSO MAKE LEATHER HELMS STACKABLE SO MANUERS CAN SELL THEM EASIER AT TRICK AND NOT MAKE 1XXXX ROUNDS TO SELL THEIRS! @_@

Well if you wanted to look at a realistic point of view, it doesn't make much sense either to need a huge antler to make 1 tiny TS pot. How about leave them non-stackable, multiply the other ingr's by a # but leave the required antler to one quantity, and then have this recipe produce a # of TS pots (maybe 3-5)? Also then the NPC price for the antler could also be multiplied by the #. Even if you paid a newbie to hunt antlers, there's really no favourable spots to hunt deer imo. Nowadays it's almost impossible to find someone with antlers who hadn't just thrown them away.

hauling 33 or so of them at a time from npc to ws storage is kind of ridiculous

maybe you can try a less ridiculous method of making them.

The formula for that potion was changed for a reason.

If you want, i have ~5k antlers at sto i will sell for 10gc each.

The idea was that this formula would be changed on a regular basis - to get the unused animal stuff out of game.

First beaver, then antlers.... so what next - puma?

Well if you wanted to look at a realistic point of view, it doesn't make much sense either to need a huge antler to make 1 tiny TS pot.

And from a realistic point of view it also doesn't make much sens to need many tons of Uranium to build a small nuke, right?

I Also miss the old formula Teehee, but i understand that the changes r to avoid overproduction .. so if its stackable u can buy hi loads of deer antler and just overproduce .. so no point in the first change. About the realistic point u can think u use your mortar and reduce all antler into powder to fit in the vial :-D

So, why not make an Antlers Powder that could be used instead of the Antler itself? It could be a very low grade skill (lvl 1 or so) that gives 1 xp in potions. New hunters could carry a Mortar & Pestle, convert their antlers as they hunt, and carry a stackable powder.

As for overproduction, TS would again become a grinder for Potters and would be likely to be made in schools if supply overwhelms demand.