Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Merchant bot at beam auction

I was thinking, it would be nice to have ONE bot on IP that would ONLY buy and sell newbie items.

Stuff such as leather and chain armor, some swords (under serpent), all kind of potions and essences for newbies. The sales will not be restricted to newbies only, but I don't want expensive stuff, and I want it to always (or as much as possible) have newbie stuff in stock, at reasonable prices. So don't try to use it as an excuse to only sell essences to high level players.

One other requirement is that the bot must use an interface similar to other bots, so that newbies will learn how to use other bots as well.

So we will start the auction at 20 bucks an year, and the bidding should be in 5 usd increments.

You can use an already existing bot if you wish, but then you will have to pay the extra fees each year.

Does this include blessings?

The only issue I see is a lot of the newbie items dont stack, I think this bot owner (whomever it should be) would be allowed to use newb storage on IP?

Great idea having 1 bot on IP :rolleyes:

Edit forgot to bid $20.00

Edited by Wizzy

I guess I can allow storage access to this bot (so it must be near the newbie storage, and be within the levels limit so it can access it).

Problem about having it trade from it's sto is that newbies will think that all bots can do that. As well as it goes directly into the newbie's storage and not their inv so they may not know where it went and from then on distrust bots and think of them as "broken vending machines" that eat your money.

By storage access, I did not mean while trading. I meant whenever the bot needs to resupply, especially for the non stackable items.

I realize this doesn't make any money from anyone, but what about a free sales bot (run by a volunteer) where the buy/sell prices are the same thus all the gc made goes to the people supplying it rather than the bot owner?

If the bot "owner" has to front the bot some gc to buy it's initial stock, perhaps the price difference could be 1gc (between buy and sell) until the initial front money is recovered. Then it could go back to net-zero.

Prices would be between the NPC buy/sell prices so everyone comes out ahead. But the primary advantage/purpose being the convenience to new players who have already broken/lost their Tutorial-NPC gear.

If it's a "newb bot", then HEs, SRs, and some training armor (non-stackable) would probably be sufficient.

Problem about having it trade from it's sto is that newbies will think that all bots can do that. As well as it goes directly into the newbie's storage and not their inv so they may not know where it went and from then on distrust bots and think of them as "broken vending machines" that eat your money.

there was a bot at white stone store for years that had this feature, and I dont remember anyone tipping it over for coins

So the bot would be allowed to access storage on IP, nice :-)

More interesting though would be the answer to this question:

[...] I think this bot owner (whomever it should be) would be allowed to use newb storage on IP? [...]

McLane

Edit: The newb-storage usage would only be for bot restocking purposes.

Edited by McLane

So the bot would be allowed to access storage on IP, nice :-)

More interesting though would be the answer to this question:

[...] I think this bot owner (whomever it should be) would be allowed to use newb storage on IP? [...]

McLane

Edit: The newb-storage usage would only be for bot restocking purposes.

No, the bot owner would not be able to use the storage on IP if his stats prevent him from doing so.

Sounds like an interesting place to unload millions of leather helms and leather gloves and other low level manu items.

$85

Sounds like an interesting place to unload millions of leather helms and leather gloves and other low level manu items.

$85

for ya the best thing,coz u don't have to bring that to trik,than? lol

There is one technical catch that you should be aware of, Radu. If you trade with someone near storage and you are within range of storage, the game will abort the trade and say you can't use the storage (when you are over the limit). This means that whoever does win this auction will need to step far enough away from the storage npc to be out of range and be close enough to the bot to trade with it. That is, unless you adjust the server rules to make it not abort the trade and not bring up a storage window.

Just thought you might find the information useful.

Edit: When does this auction end anyways? I don't think you mentioned.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Edit: When does this auction end anyways? I don't think you mentioned.

Perhaps like most real (ie, non on-line) auctions: when the bidding is done.

I'm surprised the bidding is getting so high for a yearly fee. Is it really worth $80/year to sell newb armor and supplies?

I wonder if the bidding gets up to $100 or more if Entropy will throw in a free blessing, or if that'll be an extra $100?

It is fun to watch though. :)