Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dilly

Lenny / Invasions channel

I don't mind the PKcentral or the fallowing "disses" after a message what i do mind and annoyes the hell out of me and makes me kill the channel instead of getting a glims of the info i want to see (lenny/invasion msgs) is the extended talk about someones kill/death and the fact that ppl are getting so damn comfy in the channel that they are using it as a GM/PM and even puts #GMs/PMs in the channel because they talk more in Chan 6 then anywhere else.

One option is to give PKers and the PKcentral it's own channel that is moderated but still tolerates more chatts and the normal "disses" that goes on in chan 6 now on that one, i don't think it should be too lightly moderated, that would probably caus more problems then it has too but as mentioned previously in this thread we havethe channel limit that can be a problem for some players so the other option is to let it be as it is but maby have it more moderated then it is now to keep it at a "friendlier" lvl to see (strikter warnings on ppl that use the channel instead of PMs or GMs and restrict the trashtalks or "disses" when ppl gets killed and so on.

Should we assume that rule #3 means that any player may ask that OT chatter stop when there are Lenny or Invasion topics being discussed? Or only a mod?

I think it is no secret that mods also have some uneasiness about channel 6.

We cannot make any player smarter than he really his, or magically turn senseless blabber into refined prose, and the intention of channel 6 is still to allow a more lightly moderated place for those that enjoy that kind of things.

Yet, Lenny and Invasion chat has precedence over anything else, so if the chatting obscures the main purpose of the channel, at a time when there is either Lenny hunting or invasions going on, any player can point to "topic", and if things don't calm down naturally, ask for mod intervention - which will then proceed with the usual range of measures as appropriate. The call for topic, even from a player, will be considered as a channel-wide warning. We will still try to handle things graciously, but personally any scorning or giving a rude reception to the call for topic will elicit harsher measures.

We want channel 6 to stay mostly free, but free for all - a few hijacking the whole channel from the rest of the player base is not acceptable.

As far as I see, channel 6 is mostly. "noob char buyer!" "i own kf" "i lol'ed" "<youtube link>" And etc. Hardly conversation is it?

For you maybe not, but for a lot of people, there is no better conversation than that. :)

banter is so much better than chatter :)

matter of opinion/preference

Now, how about we respect your opinion, and you us for having ours, and hopefully someone will allow for each to have a channel the way they like it?

Now, how about we respect your opinion, and you us for having ours, and hopefully someone will allow for each to have a channel the way they like it?

We're talking about EL here.. that suggestion is absurd!!~1 D:

Um, yeah, Dills... that's what i suggested :P:(

So lets just move PK Central to channel 8 and make it unmoderated PK/PvP chan and call it a day :)

Wow, this must be a really good suggestion with all the flaming and spaming.... :rolleyes:

And yes I do fully agree with Dilly, let's either have invasions/Lenny, or PK chat moved to another chanel, I don't care witch gets moved, I'll chose whatever chanel gets the Lenny/invasion chat.

And just so some flamer/spamer don't have to point it out: I'm not a PK/PvP'er. So what!! I don't box, I don't skii, I don't do a lot of other things. If you do, fine with me, as long as I don't have to watch/listen to it.

So lets just move PK Central to channel 8 and make it unmoderated PK/PvP chan and call it a day :rolleyes:

A channel only for pk/pvp talk and PK central and another one for invasions/lenny only would be nice.

I'd like to have a separate thing, direct with pkcentral, sort like how gm and the channels are separated into tabs in the chat. If that make sense. Have an option whether it shows up or not. I realize there's a webpage with all the pks but I'd like to get it as it comes ingame.

So lets just move PK Central to channel 8 and make it unmoderated PK/PvP chan and call it a day :)

Channel 1-20 are official channels and will never go unmoderated.

So lets just move PK Central to channel 8 and make it unmoderated PK/PvP chan and call it a day :rolleyes:

Fair enough.

...and considering it rationally; it's better people have the choice to be able to see the PK Central messages in a moderated environment if that's their desire.

Perhaps the PK Central messages could be sent to channel 8 and channel 88, with 88 being unmoderated.

Fair enough.

...and considering it rationally; it's better people have the choice to be able to see the PK Central messages in a moderated environment if that's their desire.

Perhaps the PK Central messages could be sent to channel 8 and channel 88, with 88 being unmoderated.

In theory that is not a bad idea, and the same thing the lenny/invasion people want.

I don't in theory object to letting the "Pk" people have a place to chat/spam to their heart's content.

But here is the problem:

We used to have a flames section of forums. (I'm almost positive when I started we had a flames channel ingame too). It turned into a nightmare. Imagine 20 exe's spamming away each trying to top the other. The handful ruined it for the rest of the people.

Do you want no recourse if somebody like exe gets free reign? You have to agree that there has to be a limit somewhere (and EL has reached those limits a few times in the past). Some things are just too gross or obscene or rude to tolerate especially left unchecked.

Do you want no recourse if somebody like exe gets free reign?

Does not #ignore provide adequate defence?

You have to agree that there has to be a limit somewhere (and EL has reached those limits a few times in the past).

I agree there has to be a limit, but in my mind, that limit is pretty well defined; Personal RL contact details.

If PlayerA has obtained or knows RL contact details for PlayerB and is posting them anywhere, i can't deny that it would need to be stopped.

I don't see that any amount of general flaming or spamming would need a limit, so long as we have #ignore... imo.

Yes, why not have a completely unmoderated channel. It would need a clever name for the unabashed anarchy and filth which would ensue - something like... Runescape. :whistle:

Do you want no recourse if somebody like exe gets free reign?

Does not #ignore provide adequate defence?

You have to agree that there has to be a limit somewhere (and EL has reached those limits a few times in the past).

I agree there has to be a limit, but in my mind, that limit is pretty well defined; Personal RL contact details.

If PlayerA has obtained or knows RL contact details for PlayerB and is posting them anywhere, i can't deny that it would need to be stopped.

I don't see that any amount of general flaming or spamming would need a limit, so long as we have #ignore... imo.

If we were to all ignore anyone and everyone that's annoying us, then we might as well all go buy the full set of The Sims and go back to playing single player games.

One of the reasons I keep coming back to EL instead of any of the other games I try, IS the level of moderation that we do have here, and which would make other games a hell of lot more enjoyable.

And no, for me the limit is not only at RL contact details, it makes me sick to see people single one or two persons out on a nearly daily basis, and throw out details of their personal lives on channel that they somehow knew about, only to take it and try to make this person feel bad about themselves.

Should the 'normal' people REALLY go out of the way for a minority that just happens to have bigger mouths and different morals?

Anyways, I guess this all would be solved when Lenny/invasion channel is different from the PK Central one ^ ^

If we were to all ignore anyone and everyone that's annoying us, then we might as well all go buy the full set of The Sims and go back to playing single player games.

One of the reasons I keep coming back to EL instead of any of the other games I try, IS the level of moderation that we do have here, and which would make other games a hell of lot more enjoyable.

And no, for me the limit is not only at RL contact details, it makes me sick to see people single one or two persons out on a nearly daily basis, and throw out details of their personal lives on channel that they somehow knew about, only to take it and try to make this person feel bad about themselves.

Should the 'normal' people REALLY go out of the way for a minority that just happens to have bigger mouths and different morals?

Ya, so, you wouldn't have to see all that stuff, and you wouldn't have to #ignore anyone, if it was all off in channel 88... i dont see why you bothered typing all that in response to me Dilly, i'm not proposing it all stay in chan 6, i'm also trying to get it moved to another chan, so we're all happy.

Yes, why not have a completely unmoderated channel. It would need a clever name for the unabashed anarchy and filth which would ensue - something like... Runescape. :whistle:

Again, no one would be forcing anyone to go in the channel... if you don't like it don't go there... hell i'm even still saying there should be the PK central messages in a moderated environment for those who want that, just give everyone the option... everyone would have an option that suits them, and no one would be forced into anything that doesn't suit them... where's the problem?

Edited by Korrode

I too would like lenny/invaision channel back to just that. I get flamed in channel for asking a question, and i'm not even in pk ?

I can understand getting flamed if i was in pk , but i'm not.

I've been lenny hunting since i've been back playing el (gone almost a year) and asking about lenny in channel and actually being able to see a response is very difficult now. As for invaisions i was here for 1 so far and saw absolutely nothing except the blue spam saying there was an invaision. Just too much on the screen to sift thru it all and find the answer to your question about lenny.

Having said this, i do have the channel on when i'm mixing to be entertained , but....some of the stuff said is rather harsh. I dont see this as an attraction for new players that find thier way to channel 6. Some of it is pretty rough stuff for children to see. Sure there is filters and #ignore they can do, but then half of what was said on channel would make no sense at all. With all the profanity, it would be a bunch of jibberish to someone with filters turned on. We have to remember there are actual children playing this game; children in grade school. I have met 6 year olds, 8 year olds, 12 year old kids here in EL. Thier parents cant be there 100% of the time as they play to watch chat. This only if the child actually finds the channel to find out about lenny or invaisons of course.

One sure way to lose a new player that is a child is to have thier parent walk over while they have channel 6 on and see some of the flaming there. It would be an instant "omg u are NOT playing this game" and there goes another player.

i support the wish to separate invasion/lenny from pkcentral channels.

Its not the problem _who_ is talking, but that pk chat makes no sense most of the time, except you are in KF to watch while reading.

@conavar: there is a difference between that and someone announcing his new harvest level. The last is equally relevant (or irrelevant) to everyone, but comments about some pk fight taking place in some pk corner are not.

:P

i just wanna say a huge thanks to Entropy for considering this suggestion and letting lenny announce in channel 8 now as well.

;)

i just wanna say a huge thanks to Entropy for considering this suggestion and letting lenny announce in channel 8 now as well.

;)

Yes Great news... wonder if invasions will also move from ch6 ;)