Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dilly

Lenny / Invasions channel

can we for once, and for the love of god not turn this into a PKer vs 'Other interest' bashing or 'gief us yeti' thread?

*edit: fully agree with Wolfwitch in her post below btw.

Edited by Dilly

I would love to see Invasions and Lenny given their own channel - I have said it before and I stand by it.

One thing though that is really starting to irritate me, and sorry but I have to say it - (agree or disagree as you please but remember we all have the right to opinions ;) ) is this constant mentality that PK is what makes the game. You guys DO contribute a great deal to the game but EL is not only about PK, there are many other skills and many other people just as important as you. And by the same token, saying PKers do not matter is equally as annoying and wrong.

When did this big division between PKers and the rest happen? When did everyone come to the conclusion only their little group matters? AND if Pkers are what keeps the game alive then why did it not die amid all the shouts that "PK is dead!"??

Can we all please remember that players as a whole are important and not one select group? :)

It's not me you need to be explaining that to. It's just like me saying "Mixers have taken over ch6 lately, and my IQ has dropped 100pts from listening to their conversations". someone being classified as a Mixer, how would they respond to such ridiculous claims? People define PKers as a class, but do not realize 70% of the PKers focus other skills. it's just blatantly wrong classifying any group of people, as "stupid".

I would love to see Invasions and Lenny given their own channel - I have said it before and I stand by it.

We had that once. I think it was... channel 6 or something. ;)

As for the comments on the stupidity: that all the stupidity going on in channel 6 these days comes solely from pkers is why it's attributed to pkers.

I have several pkers I PM with on a semi-regular basis, I do not believe "every pker is an idiot". But 100% of the current stupidity in channel 6 now is a direct result of pk. It's not chat, it's mindnumbing.

And unfortunately, "mindnumbing stupidity" isn't included in the rules for mods to be able to moderate.

Yes we can #ignore pkcentral, but pkcentral by itself is hardly the problem.

But of course, if you're part of it, you can't possibly see that channel 6 used to actually be tolerable. And useful. Now it's just a cesspool of crap, and those of us who used to find it useful for its original purpose want it back.

Lol, playing for 1 year and you think you know the ropes. I was a part of it, but channel 6 has been like this ever since it became radu's "personal" discussion channel. It was tolerable then, and it's tolerable now. If your claiming the basis of the "mindnumbing stupidity" on PKers or the result of PK... #ignore them. It's simple no? You know who does it, just #ignore them.

As I'm obviously not the only person who has tired of the nonsense that has flooded channel 6 since pkcentral invaded it, and not even the person who started the thread because of it, that's hardly a viable solution for every person who actually used to use channel 6 for its intended purpose.

As I'm obviously not the only person who has tired of the nonsense that has flooded channel 6 since pkcentral invaded it, and not even the person who started the thread because of it, that's hardly a viable solution for every person who actually used to use channel 6 for its intended purpose.

You fail to realize, it's intended purpose has been changed over the past few months.

#ignore pk central

#ignore <pker/mixer/tailor/hamster> talking cesspool of crap

So wheres the problem ?

This game through ignore gives all players the ability not to listen to what they dont want to, and come on lets be honest even before pk central chan6 was not the center of intellectual debate.

People need to get off the moral high ground by saying pkcentral had dumded down/ruined chan6, since and it might upset and surprise a few people... chan6 has ALWAYS had its share of idiots and retards, wether they be mixers, fighters, or both. So use the function the game already has and #ignore.. not really rocket science is it

#ignore pk central

So wheres the problem ?

This game through ignore gives all players the ability not to listen to what they dont want to, and come on lets be honest even before pk central chan6 was not the center of intellectual debate.

People need to get off the moral high ground by saying pkcentral had dumded down/ruined chan6, since and it might upset and surprise a few people... chan6 has ALWAYS had its share of idiots and retards, wether they be mixers, fighters, or both. So use the function the game already has and #ignore.. not really rocket science is it

Common sense, gotta love it. ;)

#ignore pk central

So wheres the problem ?

But suppose that pker/mixer/hamster actually does talk some sense - with #ignore - you lose all their contributions.

#ignore pk central

So wheres the problem ?

But suppose that pker/mixer/hamster actually does talk some sense - with #ignore - you lose all their contributions.

aha so people want the best of both Worlds.. well guess your f00ked ;)

*sighs*

I could ignore the entire playerbase, but I don't want to. I don't want the people who like to talk eachother down and spread a load of random bs to have to stop either. For all I care they spam eachother to death.

But we all play the game in our own way, and just because one doesn't identify with what someone else does, shouldn' t mean they don't have a right to ask, in all fairness, for something they think will make their EL life a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

I just want to be able to do an invasion and actually have a channel that doesn't get flooded with all sorts of childish verbal tug-o-war between people who failed to PK eachother, or people telling other people they are fat, ugly, ghey, or whatever, simply because they ask a question, or any of that. And before I posted my first post, I had already spoken to some people ingame who seemed to share my thoughts.

Matter of fact: Maybe lenny, and the invasions can get a channel that cannot be spoken in, so that interested people can log on there in all peace as they please?

Edited by Dilly

I find it funny how the non-PK'ers some people miss the "idle chatter" and hate the PK central induced "crap"/"spam" and state things like that it's "IQ reducing".

I consider "idle chatter" IQ reducing.

See, for me, EL isn't just a big chatroom where i occasionally click a button (i could just go on IRC and run an app that just displays a button that says 'mix' or 'harvest' on it if i wanted that). The adversarial "spam" between PK'ers is far more entertaining and game-relevant than any "idle chatter". IMO.

Edited by Korrode

childish verbal tug-o-war between people , or people telling other people they are fat, ugly, ghey, or whatever, simply because they ask a question,

That was there before pkcentral and would be there if it moved. The only way to be 99% sure that no idiots are in a channel is to make your own with fellow like minded people. Seriously if chan6 gets WAY out of hand then thats down to the moderators, since the channel is supposed to be lightly moderated not un-moderated

It's not me you need to be explaining that to. It's just like me saying "Mixers have taken over ch6 lately, and my IQ has dropped 100pts from listening to their conversations". someone being classified as a Mixer, how would they respond to such ridiculous claims? People define PKers as a class, but do not realize 70% of the PKers focus other skills. it's just blatantly wrong classifying any group of people, as "stupid".

You're right, it is wrong to classify the whole group of pkers as stupid. Plenty of them are however with their idiotic flaming and bragging on ch6. It is this behavior that many don't like, including me. I keep the channel open for Lenny and invasions, like many others. I really don't want to sift through pages of flaming to find anything relevant.

If mixers were talking about their FE supplies and how Joe is so much better and cooler than Bob because he has 30k FEs in sto instead of just 20k, then you could make a comparison. But you don't see that. You don't see the arguing and fighting between people regarding mixing, invasions, or lenny normally. Why is it unreasonable to ask for that crap to be sectioned off for those of us that don't enjoy it?

*sighs*

Matter of fact: Maybe lenny, and the invasions can get a channel that cannot be spoken in, so that interested people can log on there in all peace as they please?

I would like that too.

It was already bad when I started playing again.

Now do I not care about turning it on, what I do :

Stay on C1

Do #il before I leave storage

Stay indoor if any invasion

Do #il and check the time before going C2 of I really need to

It make me only play rare because I really liked C2 and used to stay there

I have very many on my ignorelist, what make it a problem to post on market, as it's not allowed to post who I ignore and for that reason not are able to trade.

My Solution :

Take a deep breath , go for a walk and remember if you are a PKer or a Mixer theres allways those other people you rarely hear about '' the allrounders'' who are REALLY screwing the game up for everyone

As far as I see, channel 6 is mostly. "noob char buyer!" "i own kf" "i lol'ed" "<youtube link>" And etc. Hardly conversation is it?

edit: "Diaf" "DiaC"

But there are other times where some people share that they've leveled and are congratulated. Invasions still happen in this channel which is nice, of course GIWS rarely get answered unless it's acws since everything below that seems to be dealt with quite quickly. There are also still moments of silence in 6 (such as now).

Either way, I'd like a more focused channel instead of an everything goes type of channel that it is now. Radu has held contests in 6 when channel 7 is the contest channel. But his game, his prerogative I guess. But there has been some fun stuff where someone threw in song lyrics and rewarded the first to pm them the correct artist and title of the song. They did it in 6 because they liked 6, and also because it has way more people than any other channel.

Now a days to get events to have more than say, 8 participants, a #message from a mod is needed. I'm finding that this 3 channel limit is severely limiting. Oddly enough, I feel that it's this limit that's causing 6 to be the any topic channel. Since we can't have enough channels for all our topic requirements, we have to have an all topics channel.

But enough rambling, I feel I'm not making sense anymore.

Edited by Raytray

a easy answer would be change the name of the channel to "Multipropposal Radu's Channel" or something like that ;)

I like the idea of PK central and all the PK flaming and spamming having its own channel. Flaming and spamming each other is a fun part of PK that defiantly shouldn't be lost, but the people who only want to know what map lenny is on or where the invasion monsters are shouldn't be forced to sift through all the PK stuff.

I think we might find that if PK gets its own channel then that channel will become the random topic chan and the invasions chan will be just what its 'supposed' to be. Everyone wins. People who like a quiet chan where they can just take a quick glance and know whats going on lenny/invasion-wise will have what they want. People who like to PK and get involved with all the random chat and spam that goes with it get what they want. (And i'm guessing that lenny and invasion mobs would be reported in both chans anyway.)

I just want to be able to do an invasion and actually have a channel that doesn't get flooded with all sorts of childish verbal tug-o-war between people who failed to PK eachother, or people telling other people they are fat, ugly, ghey, or whatever, simply because they ask a question, or any of that. And before I posted my first post, I had already spoken to some people ingame who seemed to share my thoughts.

I can see another good point in Dilly's statement. Simple questions about invasions or lenny, which are also a purpose of 6, are often met with blunt rudeness and name calling. This seems to have gotten worse since the addition of PK central and it can't be good for getting new players to keep playing.

Imagine with me for a second....

Its your third week of playing EL, someone tells you about this mutant strong leopard that is on C2 but only at night. Oh hey look! There is a channel where you can go and ask about it so that you know this person isn't BSing you. Alright, thats awesome.

#jc6

[NewGuy@6]: Whats up with this killer leopard on C2? Is someone pulling my leg?

[abc@6]: Hes friendly, go pet him

[lmno@6]: he can't attack you in hulda

[hijk@6]: come to TD sto, i'll give you a weapon to beat him

[xyz@6]: STFU you stupid noob!

and so on. :D

How is that good for player retention? Ok, you can stop imagining now.

How would people be able to report which map lenny is in or where invasion creatures are though?

Just a little example of how freely people feel to spam:

1) Why can't this be simply done in pm? Note: this is just an example, happens all the time by not just these 2 players.

[Rabbit @ 6]: bring it ;p

[Eagle_Eye @ 6]: lol i mean rabbit why did i call u fluffy

[Rabbit @ 6]: :D

[Eagle_Eye @ 6]: ok meet at KF?

[Rabbit @ 6]: sure

[Rabbit @ 6]: 5 min

[Eagle_Eye @ 6]: no weps just aug gear bro

[Rabbit @ 6]: nuu wepsa

[Eagle_Eye @ 6]: ok bud

[Rabbit @ 6]: lol no, best gear and best wepon O.o

[Eagle_Eye @ 6]: can everyone in KF please protect me?

[Eagle_Eye @ 6]: lol and rabbit

[Eagle_Eye @ 6]: na bro we pvp partners train our stats

2) no explanation needed:

[YetiO @ 6]: #GM from Stress: Yetio u want see my big ebul dick?#GM from YetiO: :<#GM from YetiO: ebul wide pussy? ;o

Now of course I know that moderators keep an eye on offensive/explicit language, hell... I got muted for saying less than the above in the past. But these are just examples, and honestly, like some others say, I would prefer not to have to scroll through pages and pages of this, especially during an invasion.

This is NOT a 'crusade' against PKers, it's not directed at anyone in particular, to me it's about getting easy access to info that does matter to me, and I think the replies to my post show that I'm not the only one to have hopes for Lenny and invasions to be separated from the PK central messages and the chat that comes with it.

I would personally object to the pk messages being moved and paired with the never ending idiocy that makes up 90% of ch 6 "chat" at the moment. Can't we just make a separate channel called "mindless blather" that is meant for all the brilliant observations I've seen on ch 6 lately? I've ignored more people in the last month than in my entire previous EL history. One of the current downside to ignore is you don't get md and harm messages from those people either, so it's not the perfect solution some suggest.

Official Invasion and Leonard Channel Rules (#jc 6):

1. First and foremost this channel is for discussion about invasions and Leonard (Alpha).

2. This channel may be used for EL or off-topic conversation when there is no discussion about invasions or Leonard happening.

3. The invasions and Leonard take precedence over non-related chatter, so if you are asked to stop chatting because of an invasion or Leonard event. do so.

4. By allowing this chat, we also expect you will still follow all game rules and the general official channel rules. That means no obscenities, no flaming, etc. Anybody who abuses the right to chat in this channel can and will be removed or muted or worse.

Should we assume that rule #3 means that any player may ask that OT chatter stop when there are Lenny or Invasion topics being discussed? Or only a mod?

1. First and foremost this channel is for discussion about invasions and Leonard (Alpha).

2. This channel may be used for EL or off-topic conversation when there is no discussion about invasions or Leonard happening.

3. The invasions and Leonard take precedence over non-related chatter, so if you are asked to stop chatting because of an invasion or Leonard event. do so.

4. By allowing this chat, we also expect you will still follow all game rules and the general official channel rules. That means no obscenities, no flaming, etc. Anybody who abuses the right to chat in this channel can and will be removed or muted or worse.

Should we assume that rule #3 means that any player may ask that OT chatter stop when there are Lenny or Invasion topics being discussed? Or only a mod?

Well thats up to the mods , no one else. If the channel gets out of hand during invasions or "lenny time" then thats down to the mods to control.

Also see rule 2 if lenny isnt out or there isnt an invasion people who want the channel for that have the option to leave.No point being in there if those two things are not happening and thats what you are after.

As for dilly's example.yes it is spam but no more so that player A saying "o/a 55" then the countless gratz answers

Edited by conavar

Yes, absolutely players can ask for the chatter to stop. If they don't comply, or give rude responses to stfu or gtfo, or #ignore, or whatever, then please feel free to contact a mod to help. This channel originally started for Lenny sightings and invasion discussion/help. If the PK central crowd cannot or will not respect them too, they will be assisted in that.