Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KoDdy

Bigger buddy list

oh noez, some off topic posts after Radu stated he's going to work on the buddy system (effectively ending discussion on the topic anyway)... end of the world! :whistle:

Not a lot of people wear dragon armor in KF, and since the total cost of ownership is significantly higher than thermal, there would be little or no good reason to use a bronze sword if it only does damage equivalent to the thermal (assuming no dragon armor).

everyone uses dragon armor in kf, i cant remember the last time i seen a serious pker without it, low lvl nubs come in without though, but they mostly wear nothing.

If it were that good, everyone would use it, no? From what I've seen in KF, most of the time it is not used. And if you die in KF, big deal, you just walk back from the UW and that's it.

everyone does use it, against the higher lvls and well, it becomes a mess with multiple people using bronze.

but this is just info from people who spend alot more time in kf then the amount you have been observing for.

Edit: anyway, what was the topic of this thread again?

Edited by Infamous

Yeah, well, Korrode is not the only player.

True enough, but don't forget, Entropy isn't a player at all.

Which is exactly why I am far less biased overall than you are.

everyone uses dragon armor in kf, i cant remember the last time i seen a serious pker without it, low lvl nubs come in without though, but they mostly wear nothing.

We must be going to different KFs, because that's not at all what I see when I go there.

everyone does use it, against the higher lvls and well, it becomes a mess with multiple people using bronze.

But everyone can use it, even the strong players against the weak players. And the fact of the matter is, from my observations, it is not widely used.

but this is just info from people who spend alot more time in kf then the amount you have been observing for.

And this is from the person that can look at all kind of stats you can't.

We must be going to different KFs, because that's not at all what I see when I go there.

Actually everyone that PK's seriously uses Dragon armors, you just werent there when we had big fights etc...

Pic of it:

circleofdeath.jpg

Edited by Kaddy

But everyone can use it, even the strong players against the weak players. And the fact of the matter is, from my observations, it is not widely used.

EVERYone uses bronze swords... there hasnt been a time when i have been in kf that someone or multiple people have used bronze swords on me. someone with 90's a/d can kill someone in the 120's with a bronze sword and some pots. Just being on skype with mario and bowser, they were having 6 people on them with bronze swords at once.

someone with 90's a/d can kill someone in the 120's with a bronze sword and some pots.

Afaik from reading Radu's posts over the years, that is what he wants. He doesnt want player A (120's) being untouchable to Player B (90's), they should always have a chance through luck/skill etc to be able to beat a higher player, and 90 v 120 isnt really the problem A/D range tbh.

The problem is when for example you get a 120-130 player vs a 150-160 one, with the introduction of Dragons armours and PP buying, the bronze sword became one of if not the only viable way to combat these things, since vs a high def lvl player with dragon armour and high ins/vit then the other swords dont have the accuracy or damage ( Yes some have greater accuracy but pitiful dmg ratio )

Im not against removing bronze swords but imo if that happens then other changes need to occur . ie changes to dragon armour stats, increasing accuracy of say OS, or increasing dmg of cutlass etc etc etc

well unless you want fights that last 3 weeks :) and become's a War of attrition rather than skill .

Edited by conavar

I have never been against the drag armors or bronze sword, or anything that can be obtained with normal game play. If someone uses bronze on you, use it on them. I AM against the ubber items that cant be gotten without gc buying, imo. If i want IDA, i can get ings and have made, if nothing else, i can't get ubbers that way, so IMO, that creates the un-balanced situation.