Eternal Lands Official Forums
tokie

Making EL better

The people who should be playing together moving up together aren'tthey are just buying top characters and not playing the game as it was made to be played and leaving huge gaps in amounts of players in each level range.

There imo is one of the problems with keeping new players, there isnt much they can actually do together. The way EL's xp system for a/d is set up, unless its an Invasion they cant go and kill mobs with each other in groups, and if they dare even look at another players spawn its "omgz serper", So they are left to do it alone, no one can help them and they cant help anyone else.

Ofc they can ignore a/d and go pick a craft to make themselves useful...... but wait everyone else can do those same crafts, so Player A doesnt need Newbie B because of his skills, since all players have them ( or the potential to have them with a little work ), so once again they are left on their own.

Yes they can join a guild and do exciting guild projects like ermmm .... sit in a cave or storage pressing harv/mix all, but its not what you would call Earth shattering fun for new players.

To me in my eyes with the way EL currently works ( with its classless system, the way a/d xp is gained etc ) its not really an MMO, its kinda like a single player online game with added chatroom (and no thats not supposed to be a deflamatory remark (sp) ).

To retain new and old players alike imo more activities for players to do as groups/squads/guilds need to be added. The Instances were a great start but not enough and are no good for new players. Also but ppl hate this idea when ever suggested, something should be done to make characters less like clones and more indivdual, now wether that was done by making a class system or just limiting how many crafts one char can learn I dont know.If players are limited to what they can do it forces interaction with others, which imo is what an MMO is all about.

As for the amount of time it takes new players to catch up with old ones that shouldnt be a problem if they have things to do and enjoy while doing it.If the journey is long, not many people care aslong as its fun along the way ...but wether there is enough fun things atm for new players to do during the trip .. well thats not for me to decide.

note: yeah Weapons/armour should need a Req level to use . :icon13:

Edited by conavar

Edit:. also adding a map or two to C1 will help because it gets crowded in some maps.

Isn't it a reason for Irilion?

There is enough space in the game as it is. Sometimes I think the game is too spacy.

Not always. Take MM for example. it's full of silver harvesters because all good C2 spots were removed.

Wouldn't adding some more resources a solution in this case? Adding a map with no silver won't change a thing, will it?

I didn't say add an empty map that no one can use.

How about bring back the PV-KJ row boat? Only 111+ defense people can take advantage of it. The others would have to harvest slowly with MM cape. They could also take MM perk but then there's the 5 pickpoint penalty.

Edited by hussam

I think getting new players is all about marketing. I will explain right away.

As we all know, el is way different that most of the games around, and here are ELs biggest pros/cons. As many of the people stated here, players are greedy and want to be the best right NOW, but on the other hand there are also players who like to play slowly. In other words im trying to say that this game is not for everyone, and it would be shame to try to change this game so it would be more like other mmorpgs. Radu should imo focus on the marketing side of el more. I dont know what is the % of new players who leave, but logicaly, if the more people come into the game, the more will stay, eventhough the majority of the newcomers leave.

EL is still in beta stage, so there is going to be many changes in the game, but the concept of the game should stay. There are thousands of people who would enjoy el because of its concept, the problem is that they dont know that el exists.

So the main idea is: Dont change the concept of el, bring more people in.

Edited by Istiach

I think the notion that anybody new coming in COULD or SHOULD compete with a player who's been here 5 years is ridiculous.

It's not fair to the 5 year player, nor is it conducive to making a long-lasting game.

That mindset needs to go.

What needs to happen is not change the game so everybody is equal as fast as possible, but make it so there are interesting things for the "newer" people to do as well with other "newer" people.

Eventually, the 3-4-5 year people will do other things, need to take time off for rl, try other games, basically slow down or stop leveling, leaving room and time for the "newer" people to catch up and be the top.

Imo buying and selling of characters messes this natural progression up. The people who should be playing together moving up together aren't, they are just buying top characters and not playing the game as it was made to be played and leaving huge gaps in amounts of players in each level range.

since its hard for newbies to catch up give them extra exp from start till a certain a/d? like a personal sun tzu day till you hit 100 a/d.

fixes the huge gaps a bit, and eventually gets more people to pk, i wouldnt care about that 'not being fair' its to support the game, get more people to pk and have more players on

Player...Greed?

If you haven't noticed, it takes a hell of a lot of GC to buy higher level things because of some of the ingredient costs. The lack of patience is because it

takes too long to get that GC at low levels. The biggest problem is that the gold amount is the only thing stopping newbs from using said items. Once again,

everything boils down to the fact that the EL economy is a huge issue. It affects everything in game and is why there's a thread every week about some

scheme to curve it temporarily.

I don't know how Ent puts up with it. The only real way to actually fix the economy would be a wipe and formula remodel. There's no possible way of

doing this without losing the current player base, so other things have to be done to curve it. The problem is that very few like the curves done. He's got

his balls locked in a vice grip under a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. This is why EL can't adapt and why even talking about trying to

improve things is pointless. Nothing worthwhile can be done as any big change will scare a large portion of the player base away.

lol, so you suggest character wipe so that everyone can start a new character and everything can get back to how it was sooner or later?

thats dumb, screwing everyone big time while it wont even work.

if economy is bad look at other ways to fix it, its been free market forever now, and developement is at a mindset that doesnt allow fun unless it costs loads of gc.

id say make all items sellable to an npc and set a base price so mixers wont undercut eachother and eventually drop below a fair profit price, besides that the fun that costs alot of gc needs to be more balanced.

sure you need to work in order to have fun, just dont overdo it, no1 wants to work work work work have a moment of fun and then go back to work work work work..

how long does it take to get 5k arrows? and how fast do you run out of them? i bet it takes long and runs out very fast.

besides that spread and add spawns, if the playerbase increases and players get to certain levels there arent enough spawns to cover most people, if alot of people arent able to get a spawn thats annoying for them, that doesnt really add to good gameplay.

in every game i played so far there were more monster spawns for a certain lvl then there were people training them, im not saying EL should be like that, but damn there could be some more spawns.

anyway all suggestions to improve gameplay are falling on deaf ears, unless it has a bad impact on players in some way

Edit: Isla Prima could use an armorsmith and weaponsmith so newbies can re-buy their lost tutorial npc stuff

Edited by Infamous

The people who should be playing together moving up together aren'tthey are just buying top characters and not playing the game as it was made to be played and leaving huge gaps in amounts of players in each level range.

There imo is one of the problems with keeping new players, there isnt much they can actually do together. The way EL's xp system for a/d is set up, unless its an Invasion they cant go and kill mobs with each other in groups, and if they dare even look at another players spawn its "omgz serper", So they are left to do it alone, no one can help them and they cant help anyone else.

Ofc they can ignore a/d and go pick a craft to make themselves useful...... but wait everyone else can do those same crafts, so Player A doesnt need Newbie B because of his skills, since all players have them ( or the potential to have them with a little work ), so once again they are left on their own.

Yes they can join a guild and do exciting guild projects like ermmm .... sit in a cave or storage pressing harv/mix all, but its not what you would call Earth shattering fun for new players.

To me in my eyes with the way EL currently works ( with its classless system, the way a/d xp is gained etc ) its not really an MMO, its kinda like a single player online game with added chatroom (and no thats not supposed to be a deflamatory remark (sp) ).

To retain new and old players alike imo more activities for players to do as groups/squads/guilds need to be added. The Instances were a great start but not enough and are no good for new players. Also but ppl hate this idea when ever suggested, something should be done to make characters less like clones and more indivdual, now wether that was done by making a class system or just limiting how many crafts one char can learn I dont know.If players are limited to what they can do it forces interaction with others, which imo is what an MMO is all about.

As for the amount of time it takes new players to catch up with old ones that shouldnt be a problem if they have things to do and enjoy while doing it.If the journey is long, not many people care aslong as its fun along the way ...but wether there is enough fun things atm for new players to do during the trip .. well thats not for me to decide.

note: yeah Weapons/armour should need a Req level to use . :icon13:

Hmm I am pretty sure I said that in the first part of my post you didn't quote:

....What needs to happen is not change the game so everybody is equal as fast as possible, but make it so there are interesting things for the "newer" people to do as well with other "newer" people.....

c2 has a lot of the better spawns so the made characters wouldnt. Only bought players could play with leo. Payed players wouldn't have nd kf. If we devide it into a RaceVSRAce the diffrent race maps should be diffrent but have relativly the same stuff on it.

Limiting character class skills:

This i would not much like, considering I have designed my character to be an "all arounder" and spent precious pp's on nexus to do so. I would hate to think my skills would be taken away for things i enjoy doing and have fun doing.

Edited by Bernie

Even if EL calls itself a class free game, it isnt.

If you spend all your time in training fighting, you are obviously a fighter.

If you spend all your time in making essies, youre obviously an alchemist.

If you, like Bernie said, increase every nexus you have to be able do to all skills, youre obviously an allrounder.

I dont think, that EL needs a strict class system like other games have (join the rangers guild, join the army, join the magic school, join the alchemists guild etc.pp.).

The players are able to find out on their own what skills they want to level without limiting them doing other skills aswell. They can even follow gods or not to get advantages in their favorite skills.

So if someone finds out that fighting is not their cup of tea, they can do a #reset and spend their pickpoints in a different way, maybe to become an alchemist.

But forcing players to be in one character class and not being able to do other things, is a bad idea IMO.

And separating experienced players from newbies isnt either a good idea.

If ppl leave the game, because they dont like such a game, is nothing special. It happens everywhere and all the time, you cant expect, that every player, who logs on, stays forever. Thats just a fact.

Piper

lol, so you suggest character wipe so that everyone can start a new character and everything can get back to how it was sooner or later?

thats dumb, screwing everyone big time while it wont even work.

if economy is bad look at other ways to fix it, its been free market forever now, and developement is at a mindset that doesnt allow fun unless it costs loads of gc.

Uh, no. The character wipe is something that will have to eventually be done in order to implement any lasting fix on the in game economy. It doesn't do any good

to try and fix the formulas or prices when there's already a large supply in the game and people who can mass produce them within minutes. The idea you've

suggested about NPC's buying all items at a flat rate is great. The reality is that a wipe will be required at some point in order to actually balance things. We'll

have to start from a zero. Ateh's dangerous suggestion about fun is the best suggestion. While a stable economy in game is great and needed, some elements

of fun need to be added that actually attracts players who don't want to spend weeks leveling in order to do something. Sure we all have our opinions on how EL

should be ideally and we want to attract players that follow the old EL style of being committed to working on a character for long periods of time, but the fact of

the matter is that there aren't enough players willing to do this. EL needs money and a larger player base. More money equals more things implemented and

more things fixed, and many things can be optimized. If EL wants to continue to grow, it needs to appeal to a market with enough consumers in it to sustain it.

I still disagree with character wipeing. A lot of us have spent lots of our free time on our characters. I like mine the way it is. I enjoy being able to do the skills i can do now.

If i want to start over i'll do a reset, but i'm happy the way i am. Why piss off most of the community by wipeing everything they worked for all thier EL life?

As i said before, i dont see a whole lot wrong with the economy. To make gc just harvest and sell stuff, simple. You dont even have to deal with other players if you dont want to, just sell to a NPC or a bot. We all know there are tons of bots in the game. Or do guild projects harvesting/mixing/ selling and spliting the profits. Heck do what me and scorp did and save your gc's and buy your own trade bot. Then with your skills you so carefully leveled spending your pp's on nexus, put items u create on the bot to sell to the community.

I really dont get why people think there is something so wrong with the economy? I've been playing over 3 years, and i still dont get it. If I need gc i harvest and sell, or harvest/mix/manur/craft whatever and sell it. Isn't that what the market channel is for? Dont like the market channel, no problem, sell to a bot or npc.

Sometimes i sit in IoTF, watch the pretty colors of the sunset, harvest green apples, sell to the npc there, and buy a tele ring or two, just because it's peaceful and pretty there. No stress, no worries, peaceful and relaxing and hey, i'm making a bit of gc too , how about that.

It's fun to chase the lil rabbits too hehe!

I agree with Bernie. I could give a flying #$@^ about the economy. I RARELY sell anything. A wipe wouldn't be worth it for me. I don't really see how it would make the game all that much better or keep new players coming back.

I still disagree with character wipeing. A lot of us have spent lots of our free time on our characters. I like mine the way it is. I enjoy being able to do the skills i can do now.

If i want to start over i'll do a reset, but i'm happy the way i am. Why piss off most of the community by wipeing everything they worked for all thier EL life?

I wouldn't normally care what a person's skill levels are when just reading opinions here, but this one having repeated screams for a character wipe 3-4 times now made me start thinking they had nothing to lose so it was easy for them to call for such things. And...

The only person screaming for character wipes is one whose highest non-harvest skill is 33. Their total current skill levels could easily be gotten in a single week.

Of course they don't mind a wipe, they've got nothing invested in the game and thus nothing to lose.

As opposed to those of us who actually have spent the time to develop our characters. What's it matter to him that I spent the last year getting 4 100+ skills and the others worked up pretty well too? He loses nothing so it doesn't matter.

And that's just me, a little-over-a-year player. What about those who have spent 4+ years developing their character? 4+ years completely deleted just because someone with newbie-level skills wants a full char wipe.

That ain't gonna happen. Fastest possible way to kill the game completely, delete the years of dedication of almost every player left on the whim of someone who hasn't played enough to grasp what that means.

As has been said by several people before, if there's a big problem of people giving up because they can't "compete" with long-term players, then lower-level players are just in need of more things that will keep them "competing" against each other instead.

I put "compete" in quotes because, though I find it fun to see my name show up in the top 50 lists for skills and such, the only person I compete with or challenge is myself. That's been said before too, set your own goals, not try and outdo everyone else.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

Char wipe is pointless without other changes made. We'll just end up back where we are now in a couple of years.

Oh and everyone plz, this topic is clearly on the subject of PK and combat, quit all the off-topic posts. :pickaxe: :pickaxe:

I really do not think a character wipe would help us retain more newbies - a lot of the people that quit do so because either A: its not a slash and fast level game like other online games (for the love of the gods KEEP it that way), or B: they cannot figure out the pick point system and where to place them etc. (conversations of past newbies leads to this conclusion - agree or disagree as you please)

Channel 1/2 does a good job for helping with the basics - but when players go to other channels they do not get the same reception. I have personally witnesses several higher level players making "sport" with newbies who dare to ask questions - this is not the way it should be - if you want newer players to hang around, and we all need them to, try being a little nicer to them? I am not saying hold their hand and spoon feed the answers - I would not do that myself - but when a new player asks "where does such and such spawn" and they are told KF or Hulda - I don't find that funny and its certainly not a good way to keep them around. The same with " I want to be a fighter - where should I put my pickpoints?" and getting "stfu and go to channel 1 noob"

We have a GREAT community for the most part - but I fear a small part of the community is the reason some newbies quit - and this should be a much simpler fix than a character wipe!!

Char wipe is pointless without other changes made. We'll just end up back where we are now in a couple of years.

Oh and everyone plz, this topic is clearly on the subject of PK and combat, quit all the off-topic posts. :pickaxe::pickaxe:

No, it's not just about combat. It's about the general direction that EL is heading to. Combat just plays a really huge role.

Oh and everyone plz, this topic is clearly on the subject of PK and combat, quit all the off-topic posts. :pickaxe::pickaxe:

No, it's not just about combat. It's about the general direction that EL is heading to. Combat just plays a really huge role.

Well firstly; my comments were in jest as i'm not someone who cares when a thread moves away from it's original direction or topic so long as the conversation is still meaningful... but, this thread, originally, IS about PK/combat. Re-read the first post, it's clear that the reasoning behind the topic starter's suggestion is rooted in the effect character buying has on newer player's PK experience.

I will try to keep this as short n simple as I can. Players come to EL and make a Character. They are taught by other players how to get started. Then they go out and see these 300+ Health players walk bye, and get bummed after realizing that what they saw is a Character that was bought and sold,bought and sold,and bought again, and that they will NEVER be able to be like that...then they quit. If Radu wants to get more People to stay and play, He has to even things out.

I do not know the #'s of those who stay vs those who quit. But I'll bet Tokie that there are more who quit, than stay.

So, here is an "idea", on how to keep more Players comin' back : C-1 and C-2 have everything alike,all the same ores n flowers n st00f, iirc. so why not make C-1 for self made Characters and C-2 for purchased Characters. Or, even if Radu justs hooks it up so Made Characters can use the Arenas on C-1,(including K-F) and C-2 Arenas for Purchased Characters...and give them another K-F type map as well. The idea of the DP Arenas was / is a good idea,yet there are still Arenas that get no use. Continue with this concept with the rest of the available Arenas... Do this for both C-1 and C-2 making "Capped A/D Arenas" for both Made and Purchased Characters, but keep them a Continent apart.

With Capped Arenas, there is room for all to play. And by seperating the 2 different classes of Players, Radu can help keep 'em coming back, thereby reducing the number of those who make Characters, then return to "other games" just beacuse they "have a fighting chance" to get somewhere and be someone who matters.

Due to privacy reasons I cant say names: but... everyone who joins Poundin'You (#nU) Guild registers via e-mail.

Those who quit after some time, I contact, and 9 times outta' 10, the reason they give for not returning is that they claim that E-L is too lop-sided and that they dont have a Prayers chance in Hell of ever "catching up...or even coming close" to those in the Arenas or out in K-F. This "idea" is sure to cause some flap...but, I'd bet Tokie that 1/2 of those who dissagree with this "idea" are also using a Bought Character, and want to keep on preying on those smaller than themselves. If you want to respond to this, please do so...and also (if you dare) tell me why you dont agree, and if your Character is a Made or a Bought.

EDIT:

A: its not a slash and fast level game like other online games (for the love of the gods KEEP it that way),

I agree with and personally enjoy a longer than the "norm" character development cycle, but there has to be an actual cycle, it has to have an end that's not too drastically off into the future, if it doesn't have that, it's not a game.

Pickpoint buying hugely increases the character development cycle length and has a big effect on the strength curve towards what's meant to be the end of the cycle, an effect that's impact is negative.

Pickpoint buying is one very key factor in why character buying hurts PK.

The character that keeps moving around to fresh owners with renewed training/development/spending enthusiasm that endlessly increase the character's combat strength.

An obvious design flaw.

Edited by Korrode

i like the idea of lvl requirements on armor and weapons etc...

one thing id change in EL if i could would be taking out the mm cape and perk. i dont like the idea u buy a cape like that and have full access to the game (except wheres aa), in any other game that i know theres such thing. You should work on your ad lvls to be able to reach some places in the game. I think it would also increase interactions between players, (if you dont plain on be a fighter) eventually you would have to ask someone to escort you etc...

and i also kinda agree with sora_bazard, the game needs formula and requirement lvls revision but i think it can be done without a wipeout

The same with " I want to be a fighter - where should I put my pickpoints?" and getting "stfu and go to channel 1 noob"

I agree, sometimes the tone in which older players speak to new players isnt what you may call the best. If someone asks a chan1/2 question in 4 or 6 then they should be pointed to the right channel in a polite manner.

Not sure how the system works at the moment, its been years since ive been a new player (still a n00b but not new :) ) and if it already doesnt do so, would an option to make chans 1 and 2 be default and already open channels for newly created characters help ? <<< if already does then ignore that :P

Edited by conavar

Players start in channel 1 at creation :) Which is the best place for them, i dont think starting in channel 2 would be a good idea.

However sometimes channel 4 or even to some degree 6 is a good place to ask questions about spending pick points, there are so many varied answers to that, the debate that it creates is good for them and even older players to see other peoples views on it after all thats one area where as much infomation as possible is best (as long as its real advise and not the typical dumb ass answers) but generally yes a polite point to newbie help or channel 2 is best imo

Surely new players are coming back all the time, no? I played this game for a number of years before being updated out of play (old pc/no graphics card). Just as soon as I get that sorted I'll be back with a bullet and I'll not be coming alone. I'll make a point of bringing a number of new players along with me that are also more than dissatisfied with the game we are currently playing (not a patch on this one). So, for the love of Gods above! don't be telling me that you're having problems with this one! It's the last hope for MPOLRPG!...or however that is typed...

I really do not think a character wipe would help us retain more newbies - a lot of the people that quit do so because either A: its not a slash and fast level game like other online games (for the love of the gods KEEP it that way), or B: they cannot figure out the pick point system and where to place them etc. (conversations of past newbies leads to this conclusion - agree or disagree as you please)

Channel 1/2 does a good job for helping with the basics - but when players go to other channels they do not get the same reception. I have personally witnesses several higher level players making "sport" with newbies who dare to ask questions - this is not the way it should be - if you want newer players to hang around, and we all need them to, try being a little nicer to them? I am not saying hold their hand and spoon feed the answers - I would not do that myself - but when a new player asks "where does such and such spawn" and they are told KF or Hulda - I don't find that funny and its certainly not a good way to keep them around. The same with " I want to be a fighter - where should I put my pickpoints?" and getting "stfu and go to channel 1 noob"

We have a GREAT community for the most part - but I fear a small part of the community is the reason some newbies quit - and this should be a much simpler fix than a character wipe!!

Yes, newbs have alot of trouble placing pickpoints from what I have seen as well. It is even sometimes difficult for more experienced people to place pickpoints properly. People often place the pickpoints in the wrong place for the goal they have in mind.

For fighting, too much might can kill their chance of successful training. It seems there are 3 main types of fighter builds and few people understand that.

It would be simplified slightly if physique was the only thing giving might and coordination did not affect might. That is one part of the pickpoint system that I never did like.

As for those who intentionally give newbs bad advice, you better watch out. Some other newb helping guilds are getting quite good in combat and may place you on a kill-on-site list. I would probably do such a thing myself if I was not opposed to pk. Simply put, you are slime if you do that. If you don't want to answer their questions or don't have the patience, direct them to channel 1 or ask someone from PEN, LotN, REAP, HELP or another newb helping guild to help them out. There are guilds who are quite good at helping newbs and may consider it a priority over leveling their characters.

All a character wipe would do is make the pro's go "oh crap! I quit!" and make the newbs and mediocre players go "haha! Now your at my level!".

Character wipe wouldn't change a thing, pros would be in 50-60's in a week, probably. And newbies(like me) would be even farther in the hole, stuck at 16 a/d. The only thing i see here is half of EL gone.

Newbies think killing monsters gives xp... like in 'normal' games. You begin with a bone and you make money to buy better swords to hit harder...

Oh no, it's EL, you need to kill as slow as you possible can. Sword? You don't need swords. Swords are bad.

No wonder newbies don't keep going at it for a longer time. :P It's just frustrating. They get new pickpoints.. yay, more power.... oh wait, I get less xp now :confused: .

Not saying the system is bad or something... but it's just annoying and boring way to train attack and defense.

I always get a laugh out of these people who think their idea is so awesome and revolutionary that it needs to go in general chat, not suggestions.

There's been heaps of other suggestions over the years that related to leveling the PK battlefield, most of them much better than this one.

Anything else i could say would only be repeating what Infa or Kav have already said.

i agree with korr,

BUT

Say this: John (example) was 150s a/d, he spent way to much time on it, and all he did was PK and was getting rather bored. he could sit at votd with all his high expensive armor on, and show off the same way as if, someone was going to buy the character. you would have the same amount of people seeing this as you would any other way. also im sure NORMAL players when they first log in, they see the characters with high HP and high armors ETC: my first reaction when i started was WOOW! that looks amazing, and you know what i did? i leveled until i get what i want.... If you want to get that high, LEVEL get higher man, because what they are going through now is what we all went through in the past, as did you. and did it stop us?

-LaRa

My opinion is (without any negative thoughts):

After a few months of playing, the gameplay becomes too monotone (I am not sure if this is the correct english word I used) - its only about getting resources or killing, and the final products are losing value (by selling at lower cost than the ingredients) and they breaking or damaging too quick (I wondered why the best swords/armors are the worst in EL). So generally 90% of work (or equal cash) for 10% of fun - the other part of fun is comes from the community, the people who play this game, without them we have no long-term players. In this way we can think of EL as an IRC client with nice graphics and have something to do while chatting :-)

I would like to see more fun in the gameplay itself - more invasions (I liked no drop day invasions) and public events led by peoples.

The quests what Radu added some months ago it seems to be a good direction (lot of ppl had fun with doing the quest and they joined together to complete the hard parts).

The instance system currently is only a moneysink - would be good to have some low-cost instances without high value of drops, but free to anybody to join and rejoin multiple times - the awards maybe like getting points on a ranking list, no more. Also would be good if the players can make party to kill very strong monsters together where all party members getting equal part from the job and equal awards (for example the current dragon huntings are not the optimal way - lot of essences and items used only for a little drop) - Maybe if the players taking position in the fight, lets say if someone is a healer or mage or archer, should be benefit from the passive help too. If the player choose the healer position in the party, he can't attack the monsters but get bigger resistance against the monster attacks and/or reduced cost of mana usage. Also other benefits for the other possible positions (archer,mage,fighter) - maybe this work on unique monster maps only but also good on invasions. The 'capture the flag'-like games also a good idea (what Korrode made on KF earlier), but maybe good to have support from the server - maybe a map and no guild change needed to join them. A fighting area also would be good where the opponents pay when entering, and the winner gets all money (or the viewers can bet them in gc, like a lottery, and some percent are for the winner).