Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
klucina

Ban on local networks?

We play on two home local networks with four computers.

Never played two characters on any computer at the same time.

Each player plays only his character and does not know the passwords of the others.

What is then the reason for ban?

Explain it, please.

You forgot adavik, inkon, benton.

So are you telling me there are 6 people using 4 computers at 2 different IP locations?

Looks to me like a lot of character sharing is going on on two different IP addresses and an awful lot of same ip trading with all the characters even though supposedly you are on two different IP's...

And a lot of one sided trading too (where stuff just goes to one person repeatedly)...

I think you need to reread rule 5, just because your characters are not on the same computer doesn't make it legal, it's just as illegal on 2 or 4 computers or if you manipulate the IP....

1.Characters: klucina, macek, cizoon, maton, panda, vlce are played by me, my wife and my 4 grandchildren.

2.Characters: adavik, inkon, benton are not ours and were never played on ours computers.

3.If it is not error in your log, they are trying to hack and then, please, erasse them.

4.I expect you use software that can distinguish between different computers of local area network,

which is connected to the internet through one IP. Grandchildren play either at their home

or when they visited us.

5.I play EL still 3 years, my wife 9 months and grandchildren started in about the last 3 months.

As for beginners I adviced them and also I provided them with the little material equipment.

Therefore I wonder who did have the benefit from the illegal trading? Enclose yours logs list, please.

6.I hope your activity is not motivated by a sense of power over the players,

but the effort of compliance with the rules. Therefore, you acknowledge a mistakess and make good and peace.

1. ok.

2. I think some of the confusion might be that there are other IP's involved than your own home. As you stated, your grandchildren play from your home and theirs (and a couple other places as well.) I found a lot of characters on their IP's such as Bela, Bellaa, cizo, cizoon, cze, maton, matoon. (benton and inkon have since been deleted for some reason not by my doing.)

Panda and vlce have only played from your IP, hence seemed to be your alts, plus stats indicated harvest alts.

The maton character also has multiple log-ins in a row with no disconnects, which strongly indicates log-in fights over a shared character.

3. Adavik was created from your exact IP that you are posting from now in July 2008. (benton and inkon covered above in #2)

4.I will not comment on what tools we have available.

5. It is not about occasional fair reasonable helpful trading, that would be very acceptable. However as you can see, I saw a lot of characters you apparently knew nothing of, and a lot of trades that really seemed to go above and beyond normal. We do not post logs.

6. I seriously don't know what to say here. I do hope I am misunderstanding you due to language issues, and that you are not saying I have nothing better to do than lock people for no reason. I can think of much better things to do than take insults from people with bad attitudes.

However I think if you consider what I have seen from these characters, you will be a bit less inclined to assume the worst of an admin and see how it can look troubling, to say the least.

1. Maton and cizoon create a new chars against the rules.

I didn't know that. They are 10 and 12 years - they made it from ignorance. Issues I have already explained.

Others chars were probable created as attempts at the beginning of playing game.

2. To clarify the situation I propose to delete all chars except of the mains (klucina, macek, cizoon, maton, panda, vlce).

3. If I understood well, main chars reaches 28.august unban?