Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Berlioz

Playing without XP

Hi!

I had the idea to play without a single XP point!

Just want to try whether it is possible and how far I can get.

I created a new char and started by picking up some ant bags and tried a little trading, but the beginning is kind of hard. I can't even make the tut quest!

But it is fun. :)

Of course I don't bagjump (except ants) or do something like that and I take extra care not to violate rule 5!

I don't trade with anyone I know even distantly with my main char!

But it could be suspicious to be a lvl 9 char (you get 7 a/d levels automatically to start with) and having expensive stuff (okay, I'm far from that right now). Is there anything else I can do to dispel doubts?

P.S.: Her name's Elegie, if you meet her, wave and wish good luck! :D

Don't try to give her something for free, that would spoil the experience.

Now that's a challenge! I wish you luck, I'm trying to play a char without ever resetting and already getting weak around level 20... :D

Signs of eternal boredom ^^

You could also keep trying lighting campfires with EFEs, or trying to make bone powder from BoDs.

Maybe one day your wishes come true and the game actually ALLOWS you to do so.

Now THAT would be fun... and also, as they often say around here, would help the economy ^^

Before you get anywhere with this idea you will probably quit at it but good luck. Just keep in mind though in order to just have a great sword you would need to bagjump about 40k + flowers from ants. But if you do somehow get that far from there it would be easier, buy a js for 20k sell for 22k. Don't think you will do it but good luck

Before you get anywhere with this idea you will probably quit at it but good luck. Just keep in mind though in order to just have a great sword you would need to bagjump about 40k + flowers from ants. But if you do somehow get that far from there it would be easier, buy a js for 20k sell for 22k. Don't think you will do it but good luck

Thanks be given to the Gods that certain men can still set for themselves goals that are different from those of all those others... :D

A very interesting and challenging way to play. I hope you have fun with it. We're all just clicking pixels on a screen whether it's fighting, harving, mixing, or bag-jumping ants :)

For those who are interested in my progress, I write about the first day.

I picked up some of the bread bags on IP and ate, but then I figured, I don't need to eat anymore. I won't do any manufacturing, not cast spells, not harving anything and can get free healing from the tutorial npc all the time!

But then you can't sell bread...

I tried doing the tut quest to get a starting fund, but that was a bad idea. Picking flowers? Killing Rabbits? No way!

After wandering aimlessly around I remembered the ants and went to DP. To my surprise the ant bags are much sought-after, I had to fight with several people for it most of the time. And they were not newbies (I could have understand that), but OA 60 or 70! After getting some flowers, vegetables and even a little bit thread, I turned it to a few gc. Now I had my starting fund!

While checking the bots for selling my ant-stuff I noticed some discrepancies in the buy/sell prices of different bots. Normally it wouldn't be worthwhile, but now I started to buy raw meat for 4.5gc, selling for 5gc, same with SRs, bones, leather pants, attack pots, gold bars, etc. I can't carry much and the profit was very low, but at the end of the day I managed to buy an excavator cape! :)

It is no use to me, of course, but perhaps I can sell it with a little profit. Every coin has gotten important.

My next goal is getting my hands on a mm cape, I have to start trading with players.

The neat thing about this is, I have a build-in rosto and never go to hell! I just restart on IP.

But the #hints are getting on my nerves, I get spammed with orange help texts like every 10 seconds. Very annoying and no way of stopping it (at least for me). "#Hint: The hints will dissapear once your overall level becomes greater than 9" Yeah, great!

You could also keep trying lighting campfires with EFEs, or trying to make bone powder from BoDs.

I ALWAYS love to try things like these :S

Fantastic... :)

But the #hints are getting on my nerves, I get spammed with orange help texts like every 10 seconds. Very annoying and no way of stopping it (at least for me). "#Hint: The hints will dissapear once your overall level becomes greater than 9" Yeah, great!

Have you tried "#ignore #Hint" or something similar? :)

Have you tried "#ignore #Hint" or something similar? :)

I tried #ignore_hint, #hint off, etc. it never occured to me, that #hint could be ignored like a player.

But thanks, it worked just fine!

its a good idea (if u have time to do absoilutely nothing, but i think that taking donations from people would help, and it wouldnt be getting xp or any such thing. dont go around begging, but i am sure that some people who might have read this post could see u in-game sometime, and give u random things from their storage, which would help u get to your goal.

whast have u spent your 9 PP on? and i think getting godless would be an extra 8 pp for you, beings it doesnt cost any money to take.

I do not plan on taking any perks or spending my pp on anything but human nexi, when I want to wear something, that I can't wear without.

I hoped for OA 1, but that doesn't seem possible. Or is there a way I can lose the 1300 a/d XP every new char gets?

Seems like it'll be hard to get NO exp. You start with a bit of a/d so you're already non-zero. As stated above, a #reset will clear any OA exp. But anytime you're attacked, you'll get a bit more a/d exp.

If you're willing to allow yourself about 500 harvest exp, you could harvest once (to get your hourly exp) then always log off at the new hour to never reset it (there's an option in the client to warn you before each hour so you could log off quick). This would open the door to infinite harvesting of low-level items with no further experience. If you can't hunt, then flowers is about the only way to raise a bit of GC to fund other activities.

Yes, a real interesting challenge, although I fear the project interest may fall off sharply since there's not a lot you can do.

go take the BRs and HEs that spawn in TD ^^

Good idea!

Did it and it was real fun running circles around fluffies and ogres.

I managed to do the grand tour, but didn't found any HEs, just some BRs and some thread (?) near the dragon cave.

Here some impressions:

Cuddling with Fluffies (Alternative link)

Jealous Ogre (Alternative link)

(Hmm, had one encircled by two orcs and an ogre, but I don't know where I put it...)

Haven't gotten a mm cape yet, but I'm on the right way!

P.S.: Obviously I won't get any a/d xp, since I'm neither able to hit nor dodge any opponent attacking me.

I won't reset, since it doesn't kill the a/d xp. Perhaps a mod can help me, it would really be great to have 0 a/d xp!

Edit: I had some problems with the image hoster, added alternative links.

Edited by Berlioz

I do not plan on taking any perks or spending my pp on anything but human nexi, when I want to wear something, that I can't wear without.

I hoped for OA 1, but that doesn't seem possible. Or is there a way I can lose the 1300 a/d XP every new char gets?

If you were to reset you couldn't get that human nexus either, so you kinda need the xp you got at 'birth'.

Very interesting for the rest. Make sure to check Granny Lorpak's house for bags frequently, sometimes it has minor healing pots, and gc. Of course you could start collecting the bags with animal remains people left behind after killing the animals. Votd is usually a good place for that, but you may get lucky and find a ranger on the NC wall who doesn't care for the animal drops.

No, I don't need the starting XP. For the human nexi I would take a negative perk, there are several which wouldn't effect me at all. But then it doesn't really matter, 0 xp in every skill would just look nicer, that's all.

I got killed in Tahraji Desert today by a mixer, who exploited the extremely lowered cooldowns there. (Mixing with fruits or veggies comes to mind...) I thought it was rather stupid, because if I were sitting there, I wouldn't want to draw attention. I didn't care of course, since I can't lose anything and just get teleported to IP, but he's really endangered there with no armor and rostos don't working.

Trading is usually better than looking for animal remains, but I haven't got the funds to really dig into trading with other players and trading with bots is really slow, mainly due to my low emu.

No, I don't need the starting XP. For the human nexi I would take a negative perk

Can't take any neg perks without OA. for instance, you need 3 oa to take the power hungry perk.

btw, you have WAY to much time on your hands.

Can't take any neg perks without OA. for instance, you need 3 oa to take the power hungry perk.

Oh, didn't know that. Thanks for the info! If nothing works, I can still get human nexi through hydro bars! *g*

Actually, no, I don't. Many people play alts, mine is just a little bit unusual. I play both chars at the same time and Elegie doesn't need much attention, since she's doing mostly nothing. Additional I don't care when she dies, as I stated before.

Actually, no, I don't. Many people play alts, mine is just a little bit unusual. I play both chars at the same time and Elegie doesn't need much attention, since she's doing mostly nothing. Additional I don't care when she dies, as I stated before.

Oh, he probably did not mean it that way... instead, um, that you are very creative, and... self-inspiring! Yeah, that's it. I am looking for creative people exactly like you for challenging tasks ingame, more precisely to be, um... my mining machine ^^