Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
romedogg

pk fun

I remember before KF was ND, I would visit and eventually collected about 15k merc. In other words, PK, except for NDD, was in horrible shape. Now, more often than not, you can get a fight when you visit KF. I still think KF ND is great, and think possibly adding NCA as ND might further increase PK activity.

I agree with oz 100% I mean, I don't know where to get merc anymore ;)

I remember before KF was ND, I would visit and eventually collected about 15k merc. In other words, PK, except for NDD, was in horrible shape. Now, more often than not, you can get a fight when you visit KF. I still think KF ND is great, and think possibly adding NCA as ND might further increase PK activity.

I agree.. Although it's been suggested and nothing came from it.

Changing NC Arena to ND, would be a nice change for those who don't want to go to KF and get owned in about 5 seconds.

Of course arenas should be made ND too!

PK "fun" nowadays: Just 2 big ally bunches fighting against each others -> Horrible mess and no fun. Small guilds w/o 1M allies don't have any possibilities to PK and have fun at same time.

PK fun(!) if arenas are made ND too: Horrible mess, but in fun way :) It was damn fun to jump in arena when there f.e. 2 enemy guilds fighting against each others. Then just jump in and kill someone and see if you can still escape from there. I still remember the thrill and feeling after you killed 1 or 2 guys there and then succesfully ran away from arena. That was 100x more exiting than fighting in KF nowadays: Just run there, die, run back, gangrape a guy with 10 allies, die, run back, maybe get a kill, die, run back and that's all. No thrill at all. IMO even if arenas were ND and you have no risk at losing anything, it would be more interesting to fight there than get gangraped in KF.

Edited by Miiks

Well, i really think that people just needs more motivation to pk... you see, all the people saying "the old days of Wexy vs Luci" were fun, but they seem to forget that in KF people dropped stuff and in arenas too...

But people fought anyways, ohmygod said to me that most of EL would stop training and go hunt me if they knew where i was... Most of the PK guilds are all buddy buddy with each other, too many allies and friendlies, too few enemies, and even the enemies are all in <3 with each other. Of course you will never get fun this way. :)

But i would say that more frequent NDDs and KF made normal map would benefit pk. You see, most players are not "hardcore" pkers who stand all day "looking for trouble" and the NDDs were the days when everyone (even the non-pkers) made "A shot at glory" and gone to kf.

Well, i really think that people just needs more motivation to pk... you see, all the people saying "the old days of Wexy vs Luci" were fun, but they seem to forget that in KF people dropped stuff and in arenas too...

But people fought anyways, ohmygod said to me that most of EL would stop training and go hunt me if they knew where i was... Most of the PK guilds are all buddy buddy with each other, too many allies and friendlies, too few enemies, and even the enemies are all in <3 with each other. Of course you will never get fun this way. :)

But i would say that more frequent NDDs and KF made normal map would benefit pk. You see, most players are not "hardcore" pkers who stand all day "looking for trouble" and the NDDs were the days when everyone (even the non-pkers) made "A shot at glory" and gone to kf.

I fully agree. The biggest problem in PK is that the PK guilds and their allies are too big. It was lot funnier when there was few relatively small PK guilds and all fighting against each others. No big ally camps and "real" enemies to fight. Even in KF, fights were usually 2-10 people fighting and sometimes more than 2 different guilds that all were enemies.

Now it's just 2 sides and at worst point 20+ people fighting. So it's horrible mess and if some single fighter or smaller guild tries to join the fight, they just get p0wned in 2 seconds. So let's just limit the amount of people in one guild to 5 and remove ally system. Lots more fun! :) (Joke, but point is real)

It's all GoW and =Hc='s fault.

Even outnumbered and outlevelled they often own all the rest of EL in PK, they shouldn't be allowed to be so skilled. It's unfair :)

soz i been drinking and cant help miself

Even outnumbered and outlevelled they often own all the rest of EL in PK, they shouldn't be allowed to be so skilled. It's unfair :(

soz i been drinking and cant help miself

how dare they merge D:

because of them 80% of EL's Pk guilds has also merged into a bigger alliance :omg:

funny how we merge cause we were friends & enjoyed each other's company.. and then the Pk guilds of EL decided to all form an alliance with each other cause they 'love' us THAT much.. so now a days its like some other people meantions.. 8-10 guilds (plus an OP mage or 2) vs GoW (combination of 2 guilds.. one was actually made up of only ~6 members..) and funny how we still own :)

(on topic: ND NCA would provide more of a reason to Pk. since PK is all in fun & some people say "omgz they get no drops since its ND!" .. well Kf isnt a drop map & it has become quite active compared to the past version of it :whistle: )

Nope. It's other guild's fault. Really they don't have enough balls to fight stronger enemies. If you can't kill your enemy, just get more people and then gangrape them. Then the enemy gets more people and they gangrape you and there we go... Yes really fun... They just lose their personal honor. Is there any legendary PKers nowadays? No. There is just "legendary" guilds that p0wns everyone and other shit (at least those guilds say so *wink wink* korrode and tigerclaw :)).

Just think how those old-school PKers got their legendary reputation? By killing people. Now you can't say who killed who because there is always at least 10 people fighting together. IMO you can't talk about PK skills now. It's just which side has more people, better armors and weapon etc.

I don't say I ever was pr0 pker or anything like that, but damn it felt good when you ran alone to arena, killed couple enemies there and ran away. All the honor was yours. Also I remember how proud I was when our small CLF guild was at top 30 in PKi (or were we even in top 20?). It was fun to go to KF with them (mostly me and dugur) and try to get some kills even we were really outnumbered. It wasn't the same feeling when you went there with 10 other guildies.

BTW Tiger... It's shit talk that you merged because you enjoyed each others company. Sure it was because you wanted to make the strongest PK guild in game.

Edit: Just to make it clear, I don't accuse any single guilds. The process started long before GoW, but looks like merging of GODZ and wWw finally launched the craziness.

Edited by Miiks

Speaking from past experience:

While I was in LION there was a period of about 3 months in which LION had only 1 very small, yet active PK ally, who later merged into LION. Throughout that time, people were STILL whining about how LION had too many allies and they were shit at PK (don't bother addressing me in person about PK, i know i sucked at it ^^). At the same time, the same people who whined and moaned about it would temp ally us for temporary purposes. And we would go along with it.

Connecting with people in a game that you all play for as long as many people in EL is inevitable, and the game allowing guilds to be allied, so this will happen no matter what.

Unless of course the real PK guilds would agree amongst eachother to no longer team up, but heh.. surely some shortsighted people will then think:'oh, 1 guy from =HC=, AND 1 guy from DEAD were fighting me, zomfg they must be allied', and with that you'd start all over again ^^. (guildnames picked for no specific reason, not intended as any from of attack, insult or w/e)

Seems to me that you guys, the PKers, have it all in your own hands. But heh.. I guess it's easier to look to the devs to solve things for you...

Edited by Dilly

I was not blaming LION or any other guild in particular, just to make it clear... It just seems to me that the biggest reason of the healthy pk in the past was the great rivalry between the guilds. Just look at the DiE! vs PkG war... or the \A/ vs HIM war...

People would train like mad, just to try to win the war, people would not care about rostogol prices as long that it would be necessary to win the war. As far as i can see, this does not happen anymore.

And 2 big PK sides are not that bad, there is always a "chicken" side who always will accept new allies, so the small fighter guilds can have a place before they grow up.

People would train like mad, just to try to win the war

to catch up to todays top pkers, I have to train ~2-3 years AT LEAST. you think I ever gonna do that?

and I am already 110s a/d.

edit: that is if they do not train during this time as well.

Edited by Light Lan

People would train like mad, just to try to win the war

to catch up to todays top pkers, I have to train ~2-3 years AT LEAST. you think I ever gonna do that?

How long do you think i trained to catch asgnny's power back then? I think players do not have motivation enough anymore to do something like that.
edit: that is if they do not train during this time as well.
Mufossa got a char #1 in a/d, trained 18 hours per day in high exp monsters/players (he trained "pvp" with swords to get *all* the xp to himself), with supplies bought for $. Nienora still managed to catch him in power. I was reading the "greatest EL player" thread, and people somehow forgot that she made what appeared to be totally impossible. Edited by Lorck

Speaking from past experience:

While I was in LION there was a period of about 3 months in which LION had only 1 very small, yet active PK ally, who later merged into LION. Throughout that time, people were STILL whining about how LION had too many allies and they were shit at PK (don't bother addressing me in person about PK, i know i sucked at it ^^). At the same time, the same people who whined and moaned about it would temp ally us for temporary purposes. And we would go along with it.

Connecting with people in a game that you all play for as long as many people in EL is inevitable, and the game allowing guilds to be allied, so this will happen no matter what.

Unless of course the real PK guilds would agree amongst eachother to no longer team up, but heh.. surely some shortsighted people will then think:'oh, 1 guy from =HC=, AND 1 guy from DEAD were fighting me, zomfg they must be allied', and with that you'd start all over again ^^. (guildnames picked for no specific reason, not intended as any from of attack, insult or w/e)

Seems to me that you guys, the PKers, have it all in your own hands. But heh.. I guess it's easier to look to the devs to solve things for you...

dilly u dont know anything about pk lion might not have ppl set as ally all they time but when the pk the must have turk <te> dead and ^@^ and more allied cus i dont see there summons att any1 but me bealive that

anyways

Radu read this topic and make NCA no drop pls

The problem in PK is too small player base. After few weeks of active PK you know all and everyone. Would be no problem if ppl fought against their friends for the fun, but mostly it's just team the person/guild you like the least. Then too many of the PKers build almost EMO status to anything that happens in KF. They get hard on for succesful brod hit on a person that greeted your main opponent. And wtf is it with pki? Most pki in EL is from gangbang/some epic use of gc vs. opponent not interested in competitiveness but fun.

Most fun in PK is achieved by being in a guild that all EL hates. I once had decent DPa alt when FURY was still active and famous. With FURY tag there were plenty of ppl to try to "judge" you in arena.

Having 2 big sides in PK is ok, but the problem is that the game we play doesn't support teamplay too much. Suuuuure you can support with ranging and even yay remote heal... but that's about it. The PKing side of el is mostly tanks, because there is no other reasonable solution yet. Those mages... have you seen them really in a supporting role instead of one man mass DPS unit? To get to the level of being able to stand against the current KF population, it takes you years. In old times sure you could do it, but after the top has been pvping in the guild maps few million exp / day it takes you... well it's impossible, you will always be an underdog.

Does this motivate new players to join the PKing?

If we had the area where your a/d drops to certain level, say 120? 130? then you could catch up. Others still have dozens of pps more due to buying them and insane oa but you can't say it's because your a/d is low. Also if we had other skills properly usable in PK we could get new ppl using those skills to _support_ the already existing big sides of opposing tanks. Or you just start casually fighting your friends in KF, drop allies and just have fun.

Best time I ever had PKing was in DiE! No emo bullshit involved, if shit was poured on you you just pour it back with some extra. And I wasn't there when DiE! was it's full strenght or OP in any way. Small group and hardly any allies.

Either we get some way for new peeps to be useful or start killing all and everyone or get some other solution.

Oh, NCa could be ND. It'd bring tons of PK. As long as ppl hate you. Get that aggro level up and a kill message on @6 and there'll be a party, no?

Most fun in PK is achieved by being in a guild that all EL hates. I once had decent DPa alt when FURY was still active and famous. With FURY tag there were plenty of ppl to try to "judge" you in arena.
Agreed. \A/ on its highest had most other guilds on #ig_block, and always could find opponents willing to fight (note that it was against the guild rules to attack a guild without reason, and please if you want to flame, this topic is not the right place for that.
Having 2 big sides in PK is ok, but the problem is that the game we play doesn't support teamplay too much. Suuuuure you can support with ranging and even yay remote heal... but that's about it.
Summoning is/was pretty good in supporting on pk.
In old times sure you could do it, but after the top has been pvping in the guild maps few million exp / day it takes you... well it's impossible, you will always be an underdog.
Well, Nienora could get strong enough to beat someone who had bought #1 a/d char, and trained 18 hours per day losing gc (with supplies bought for $$ and who trained pvp with other people with swords to get all the xp to himself). She did what everyone thought it was impossible. And reading the "best player ever" thread her name barely got mentioned, its sad people forget heros/heroines so fast. After that i believe not is trully impossible in EL.
Best time I ever had PKing was in DiE! No emo bullshit involved, if shit was poured on you you just pour it back with some extra. And I wasn't there when DiE! was it's full strenght or OP in any way. Small group and hardly any allies.
DiE! did not started as a guild with few allies, it was a fork from *CO* guild which in the beggining had many friendlies and many allies. Then one day Pookies serped Nienora's spawn for nothing, she got pissed off and declared war on PkG. We made alliance to them to fight PkG (since they broded one of us)... to honor the alliance pact, they had to attack friendlies when fighting allieds (and lots of people fought \A/ because of me :P ) and the friendlies dont liked to be attacked and declared war on them, etc, till they had no friendlies, left, and since PkG made alliance with ALL to try to pwn our alliance, it became a 2 sides war. Every side hated deeply the other side. It was endless fun in pk. We need some trigger like that, to put all pkers in EL on fire again.

And that war was just ONE epic war. There were other epic warslike the ^v^+UTi vs -EF-+PL, HC+^v^ vs HIM+CA$H+PL, *CO* vs [TM] ...

Edited by Lorck

And that war was just ONE epic war. There were other epic warslike the ^v^+UTi vs -EF-+PL, HC+^v^ vs HIM+CA$H+PL, *CO* vs [TM]

I would pay a fortune to radu if could have those guilds/players/times back :<

dilly u dont know anything about pk lion might not have ppl set as ally all they time but when the pk the must have turk <te> dead and ^@^ and more allied cus i dont see there summons att any1 but me bealive that

I wasn't talking about current situation or suggesting to know who's summons attack lil_boosie in KF. I was replying to:

I fully agree. The biggest problem in PK is that the PK guilds and their allies are too big. It was lot funnier when there was few relatively small PK guilds and all fighting against each others. No big ally camps and "real" enemies to fight. Even in KF, fights were usually 2-10 people fighting and sometimes more than 2 different guilds that all were enemies.

Now it's just 2 sides and at worst point 20+ people fighting. So it's horrible mess and if some single fighter or smaller guild tries to join the fight, they just get p0wned in 2 seconds. So let's just limit the amount of people in one guild to 5 and remove ally system. Lots more fun! :D (Joke, but point is real)

If you want PK alive, whether it be in KF or at NCA or any of the other PK maps/arenas, there's more solutions than just turning to the devs of EL. Dugur's post (nr 43)here above says it all. Seems to me that it's common sense that if you want to fight: don't make any allies when you want your guild to be a PK guild. Simple logics that even an allrounder can understand.

Btw: as the HoS spot will be moved to NCA, I doubt NCA will be turned into a ND area ;)

Edited by Dilly

Then make it the HoS spawn in Thelinor, more challenging...

There is actually a NEED for people who wants to do 1vs1 fights usually, and ND NCa will not have any harmful effect let alone more breakages etc ;)

Edited by Kaddy

Then make it the HoS spawn in Thelinor, more challenging...
Radu already said the HoS spot will be NC. And thelinor is not that challenging, people usually dont go there, its a pretty big map, and the strongest monster in Thelinor is giant which ignores lots of people nowadays. You can just walk around without much trouble there. My suggestion was Hulda, but maybe thats too ebul. ;) Edited by Lorck

PK will be more active, when I start PKing again. srsly, how many guilds want to kill/brod me? they saw me kill someone in ch6 they all swarmed in lol. makes you feel loved. but yes, the PK playerbase, and EL playerbase is too small. once you get to know people, you don't want to attack them. and when you attack "friends" they usually quickly "dis-own" you and take it to heart. and the thing is, once people die once it discourages them to PK and they up it and quit. i'll elaborate later on.

Lorck, what Nienora did was possible those times. In current EL to get to the levels of #1 it's not possible in reasonable amount of work.

Top ppl pvp in guild maps for hours, every day for millions oa. If you start new char, buy mid lvl (110-120's) char or train old char you had pro but is now mid lvl, you can make millions exp too, sure. You just can't catch them in a year assuming they bother to train at all.

I'm mid 120's and lvling to ~140 takes roughly 150 million exp / att or def, so about 300 million oa exp. Normal speed no sweat and easy to look at is 250k / hour on oa. 4 hours = 1 million. Train 12 hours, non stop, for 3 million a day. kk np. Do it in 3-4 months / year as you please.

But... since you mentioned #1...

To be in top 5, I'd need to train my att and def +450 million exp. 900 mill oa exp. Million a day is easy, but it takes several years. 12 hours non stop on spawn a day, 300 days. Well, I guess it is doable if you take it to extreme. Why bother enjoying a game.

That is if others won't train and you work like a robot. 12 hours on spawn would mean you spend more time than that in game.

And cutting the bullshit and speaking of extreme. PvP and use $$ - good partner who is also supposed to get exp oa / hour 400+k. For simplicity call it 400k. PvP 12 effective hours a day = 4,8 million. You can do it in 6 months. Everyone is happy to sit at computer for 12+ hours a day just fleeing attacking fleeing attacking.

In past we had TS, and in past pvp was easier. With some build play you could make it so that you get pure def exp and no dmg or breaks at all. Get a partner from opposite timezone and you have 24 hour training afk in guild map. Now the situation is changed a bit, but still some pigholes there. Funny how the names came to top in pairs.

So Lorck, yes I agree with you it is possible to train to top. It's good to mention if you add 450 million to a 125 def char you get to mid 150's. To get to fight for the #1 def you still need 250 million def more assuming the #1 doesn't train.

Having the levels gets you still whooped. Those top guys also have bought pps. I heard of person with 60+ nexus bought, most turned to pps. It's commonly known TooMass char had 40+ bought pps. _had_. If we count a pp for h-bar @10,5k and nex rem 250k it's ~775k gc. Current conversion rates bring you to... 100$$ ea?

To be strong it costs 6k$ for bought pps, and a year of your life. I may have some flaws in my calcs, but it's rough estimate anyway. Smaller level gets to enjoy competitive PK, but ambitious person who wants to be in the top... *shivers*

No wonder they quit?

Edited by Dugur