Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
romedogg

pk fun

PK will be more active, when I start PKing again. srsly, how many guilds want to kill/brod me? they saw me kill someone in ch6 they all swarmed in lol. makes you feel loved.
Yes, its true, not that i want to brod you or anything, but people usually fight who they hate, if they dont hate they dont fight.Thats the point of my first post in this thread.
Lorck, what Nienora did was possible those times. In current EL to get to the levels of #1 it's not possible in reasonable amount of work.

Top ppl pvp in guild maps for hours, every day for millions oa. If you start new char, buy mid lvl (110-120's) char or train old char you had pro but is now mid lvl, you can make millions exp too, sure. You just can't catch them in a year assuming they bother to train at all.

I'm mid 120's and lvling to ~140 takes roughly 150 million exp / att or def, so about 300 million oa exp. Normal speed no sweat and easy to look at is 250k / hour on oa. 4 hours = 1 million. Train 12 hours, non stop, for 3 million a day. kk np. Do it in 3-4 months / year as you please.

But... since you mentioned #1...

To be in top 5, I'd need to train my att and def +450 million exp. 900 mill oa exp. Million a day is easy, but it takes several years. 12 hours non stop on spawn a day, 300 days. Well, I guess it is doable if you take it to extreme. Why bother enjoying a game.

That is if others won't train and you work like a robot. 12 hours on spawn would mean you spend more time than that in game.

And cutting the bullshit and speaking of extreme. PvP and use $$ - good partner who is also supposed to get exp oa / hour 400+k. For simplicity call it 400k. PvP 12 effective hours a day = 4,8 million. You can do it in 6 months. Everyone is happy to sit at computer for 12+ hours a day just fleeing attacking fleeing attacking.

Yes, its boring, nobody doubt about that. As i mentioned above the guy (Mufossa) had everything to his favor, and we could still beat him. Did we got guild maps with bots? No. Did we spend tons of $$ in game? No. What we had that the others did not? Knowledge about game mechanics.
In past we had TS, and in past pvp was easier. With some build play you could make it so that you get pure def exp and no dmg or breaks at all. Get a partner from opposite timezone and you have 24 hour training afk in guild map. Now the situation is changed a bit, but still some pigholes there. Funny how the names came to top in pairs.
We never did train afk, btw. And i know at least 2 worthwhile ways to get good attack exp while pvping, of course i wont disclose it here.

And fighting is not the only way to pwn. You can train "like a robot" summoning. You can train like a robot other skills which has values in pk.

So Lorck, yes I agree with you it is possible to train to top. It's good to mention if you add 450 million to a 125 def char you get to mid 150's. To get to fight for the #1 def you still need 250 million def more assuming the #1 doesn't train.
You dont need to have higher a/d than a guy to beat him on pk.
Having the levels gets you still whooped. Those top guys also have bought pps. I heard of person with 60+ nexus bought, most turned to pps. It's commonly known TooMass char had 40+ bought pps. _had_. If we count a pp for h-bar @10,5k and nex rem 250k it's ~775k gc. Current conversion rates bring you to... 100$$ ea?
TooMass got the best opportunity in this game. He was the only fighter able to fight yetis at a time, and yeti drops were like 2k per and he had guildies to sell hes/srs/AEs really cheap, no wonder how he got that rich...
To be strong it costs 6k$ for bought pps, and a year of your life. I may have some flaws in my calcs, but it's rough estimate anyway. Smaller level gets to enjoy competitive PK, but ambitious person who wants to be in the top... *shivers*

No wonder they quit?

Your calcs are pretty good and accurate. Nice too see it, btw. Edited by Lorck

Welcome to future. Shame the knowledge of game mechanics is a wee bit outdated in some areas. Still usable tho, go get em tiger.

Show me a person killing a pp monster that knows what he's doing with a char he has trained a year in current system in normal one on one and I'll pull my head out of my arse so you won't mistake my nose for an adams apple anymore.

Welcome to future. Shame the knowledge of game mechanics is a wee bit outdated in some areas. Still usable tho, go get em tiger.

Show me a person killing a pp monster that knows what he's doing with a char he has trained a year in current system in normal one on one and I'll pull my head out of my arse so you won't mistake my nose for an adams apple anymore.

Lil_boosie pwned anthony in 1vs1... he made even a video with it.

Anthony isn't a pp monster, and the same setting would most likely end up more often in different ending if repeated several times.

Game mechanics allow anyone to kill anything, the success percentage just varies and since fighting against human there is also randomness in the counterparts performance. This is why the example needs to be able to be repeated with same result.

And yes, you can make summon level to kill with acw in a year np.

But I do like videos, send it in pm please.

Anthony isn't a pp monster, and the same setting would most likely end up more often in different ending if repeated several times.

Game mechanics allow anyone to kill anything, the success percentage just varies and since fighting against human there is also randomness in the counterparts performance. This is why the example needs to be able to be repeated with same result.

And yes, you can make summon level to kill with acw in a year np.

But I do like videos, send it in pm please.

Well, its a very well trained char (Dushan does excelent job at training char), he is rank 27 OA, bought some PPSs, and Anthony is a very good pker as well. And i agree, boosie did something remarkable and the chances were not at his favor... finally as bigkav said "mhm, bronze is OP srsly" when he saw the video... I will send the video as pm.

EDIT:Oh, and the most ripped of the "pp monsters" will still fall for some strong summoneds. 1vs1 only measures melee combat, there are other factors involved in combat.

Edited by Lorck

I never wanted to measure PK skill. Only the chance for a 1 year char to be competitive against the top. As I mentioned earlier, anyone can kill anything. I have witnessed double BoD hit in arena from half the ad person and looted steel set. What was in that vid is to my eyes a mirror with a critical, 148 hp gone in an instant. Restore earlier, use GHP yeeees what not. What we have now is the items leveling the field in PK, and this in my humble opinion blows. You want to kill with your character, then the game is against you partially. Then you kill with magic/summon/rang/eng. It can be elaborated massively, but staying on mano a mano area where your trianed char is the weapon, not the bronze or ubber items, it just doesn't work.

Now this is the problem on getting fun PK. We need new chars there. Most say a fighter char is most fun in PK, those are needed. But the poor bastages who come after a year of playing get slaughtered for in no way being able to be competitive 1) because of lvls 2) because of items. I don't see PK too tempting if you are to fight to win with randomness. Ofc survival is a thing for some, but... :x

OP here OP there. For fun PK there has to be a way to get more ppl to join the "fun." In my own limited mind more supportive roles from other skills might help, and this would need some motivation for guilds to bother help grow them from _new_ players. Also the problem with skill vs. items needs to be addressed, I'm happy to see bronze is being nerfed and some ubber items did too in past. Is it good for PK if lvls are more relevant in the result of fight?

Edited by Dugur

And that war was just ONE epic war. There were other epic warslike the ^v^+UTi vs -EF-+PL, HC+^v^ vs HIM+CA$H+PL, *CO* vs [TM] ...

You forgot wWw vs EL :whistle: