Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Poor man's magic weapons

...and oi, where's the tribute to me from your siggy gone?! :<

It's time has passed........ :lurker:

Increase break rates, better for economy.................. What we really need, is nathanstanzels thoughts on this. <sarcasm>

I agree with both statements, Mr Sarcastic.

:pickaxe:

My previous statements still stand though.

Some time ago we tested full bronze + helm + shield + warlock cape and magic protection spell for a total of 30 magic resistance. This is the highest ammount of magic resistance that's possible ingame.

Even with 30 magic resistance i could get several OSMN hits on Sia. All the other special stuff worked aswell altho i could notice a decrease with some items.

Unless something has changed since that time, even 30 magic resistance doesn't give you immunity to the special items, just a decrease in special hits (at best)...my conclusion was: with all the negs bronze armour gives it's not worth it.

Even if full bronze (without helm - you need CoL) would give total immunity to special hits, then it's still a difficult choise between that and dragon armour as it messes up your accuracy too much.

Even with 30 magic resistance i could get several OSMN hits on Sia. All the other special stuff worked aswell altho i could notice a decrease with some items.

thats not saying much, you hit everyone almost everytime ^^ (well you did)

Even with 30 magic resistance i could get several OSMN hits on Sia. All the other special stuff worked aswell altho i could notice a decrease with some items

...the whole point of testing the bronze armor's effectiveness would be to do it when you're actually being hit... how exactly is it "not saying much", it says it all.

Edited by Korrode

Even with 30 magic resistance i could get several OSMN hits on Sia. All the other special stuff worked aswell altho i could notice a decrease with some items

...the whole point of testing the bronze armor's effectiveness would be to do it when you're actually being hit... how exactly is it "not saying much", it says it all.

well, when two people (around the same a/d) are fighting, they dont hit/block each other a huge amount (if they have ~the same attributes). Ambro hits almost everyone 100%, giving him much more chances to get that special hit in.

give two people around the same a/d a osom/jsomn/ect. and have the other wear the bronze armor. i bet they wouldnt get that many, if any hits.

well, when two people (around the same a/d) are fighting, they dont hit/block each other a huge amount (if they have ~the same attributes). Ambro hits almost everyone 100%, giving him much more chances to get that special hit in.

give two people around the same a/d a osom/jsomn/ect. and have the other wear the bronze armor. i bet they wouldnt get that many, if any hits.

lol yes but, for testing purposes, to approximate the percentage 30 mag resistance was helping, you'd test when being hit 100%.

Not to mention it's very valid to test how a fight will go between unequal opponents.

Also, iirc, when Ambro originally posted that he did that test it was when Sia's char was pretty close to his char's levels anyway :P

well, if bronze helps or not, no one will use it anyway... the amount of negative affects dont outweigh the magic resistance effect. It would be better to just wear ida/bda to block as muhc of the normal atks as possible.

Some time ago we tested full bronze + helm + shield + warlock cape and magic protection spell for a total of 30 magic resistance. This is the highest ammount of magic resistance that's possible ingame.

Unless something has changed since that time, even 30 magic resistance doesn't give you immunity to the special items, just a decrease in special hits (at best)...my conclusion was: with all the negs bronze armour gives it's not worth it.

Even if full bronze (without helm - you need CoL) would give total immunity to special hits, then it's still a difficult choise between that and dragon armour as it messes up your accuracy too much.

Umm, did you also test WITHOUT them? How did it compare?

Umm, did you also test WITHOUT them? How did it compare?

I could notice a decrease in special hits with some items when Sia had 30 magic resistance (compared to not wearing bronze at all)

The OSMN (the most annoying weapon ingame) however seemed to hit just as much as normal.

The point is:

If even 30 magic resistance doesnt give you immunity to the special stuff then imo it's not worth it to use bronze armour.

Even if it did give you absolute immunity then the big accuracy negs of bronze still make it less usefull then dragon armour.

I would suggest removing the accuracy negs and tweak the magic protection bonus of bronze but keep some of the hot/cold negs, so dragon armour gives good protection against thermal (but doesn't do much against special hits) and bronze gives good protection against the special stuff (but is not as good against thermal).

Brings more strategy into the game.

Would make the following armour ranking:

-steel: good for high level training

-titanium: good entry level PK armour, has some heat/cold protection

-bronze: good PK armour, pr0 against special hits, not so good against thermal

-dragon armour: good PK armour, pr0 against thermal, not so good against special hits

The point is:

If even 30 magic resistance doesnt give you immunity to the special stuff then imo it's not worth it to use bronze armour.

Even if it did give you absolute immunity then the big accuracy negs of bronze still make it less usefull then dragon armour.

<CLIP>

-dragon armour: good PK armour, pr0 against thermal, not so good against special hits

There are 3 dragon armors. Which dragon armor? Black/White/Red? All?

Just pointing out the lack of clarity.

The point is:

<CLIP>

There are 3 dragon armors. Which dragon armor? Black/White/Red? All?

Just pointing out the lack of clarity.

They all give good protection against thermal. Red and black absorb all the heat damage and white absorbs all the heat ánd cold damage. The white armour basicly grants immunity to thermal.

That takes me to another point:

If there is an armour ingame (white drag armour) that basicly gives absolute immunity to the most expensive sword ingame (90 usd thermal) and doesn't have any negs or bad sides to it, then why is there nothing that makes you immune to special hits? This is where the bronze could play a much bigger role (tweaked, with much less negs).