Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

Felix Felicis

FF is Potion that is very difficult to make and it needs special ingredients and is of course very rare. It is of golden color with bubbles in it.

What is does !? It makes you lucky ! !

Manuers have a higher chance to make something special.

Fighters get only 50% of the hits because they can dodge the hits.

Summoners have a higher (+5%) chance to summon 2x monster.

Rangers hit perfect.

Every Magic Spell that you can normally do works 100%.

And Harvesting...

Maybe it can last 5 Minutes ?

And costs 2kgc so its affordable.

And please name it Felix Felicis ;)

What do you think ?

Someone has been reading too much Harry Potter :)

Aha ! You read it too :confused:

Edited by SolarStar

Not sure what I think about this at the moment, too many un-answered querys.

What kind of ings would be used for such a rare potion

How can such a rare potion be affordable (everyone would want it driving the price up)

How would the potion determine which skill it applied too eg. A fighter may wish to apply it to his/her manu or ranging skills.

The idea is that everyone can get something out of it. Players specialize in different skills and everyone will find purpose for which it is most useful to him or her. So it should be applied to many skills.

Rareness:

The Potion will be very much wanted. And i think the market will regulate the price.

To avoid mass production, it will need something rare.

The ingredients should include a fur from Leonard, maybe some gold ore, mead, honey.. oh i don't know.

Think about it, you have to be lucky enough to first find Leonard, then lucky enough to survive and kill him.

Or you are lucky enough to have a friend who will sell you a fur. Because i don't think ppl would be willing to sell rare stuff.

I see the same thing with enrichment stones and serp stones etc. Players are holding on to it.

Because they know.. when they sell it, it will be very difficult to find one again on the market or in the mines.

It's so frustrating when you really need this one EFE for a certain item. The only way to get it is hoping you are "lucky".

(Or you buy from EL-shop of course)

Affordable:

Means to me that it not includes serp stones or enriched ess as ingredients. Why would you want to use the Potion to make EFE when you first need EFE. Not sure about dragon scales. There are maybe too many of them ingame already.

Difficult to make:

Means that you need a high Potion level or else you fail to make the Potion.

Manuers have a higher chance to make something special.

Fighters get only 50% of the hits because they can dodge the hits.

Summoners have a higher (+5%) chance to summon 2x monster.

Rangers hit perfect.

Every Magic Spell that you can normally do works 100%.

And Harvesting...

Maybe it can last 5 Minutes ?

And costs 2kgc so its affordable.

And please name it Felix Felicis :P

What do you think ?

The fighting bonus seems really unbalanced, maybe like, 10% would be more suitable.

And if I recall correctly, Felix Felicis is very difficult to brew, or something like that. As you said, perhaps it should have a high potioning level required.

...Damn, I /really/ need to get my copy of HBP back :pickaxe: .

Edited by Aphistolas

True, Rostogol Stones are rare. But is 25kgc not a bit expensive for 5 minutes use ?

It would have to work extremely good, if you know what i mean.

how about having the mini events give you a mini reward that can be used, like a rostogol shard, a new item, easier to find than the full counterpart and it can be used in the potion.

If it's not overpowered, no one will use it.

True that.

...and could you image the impact on PK a potion that guarantees 50% dodge rate and costs thousands of gc would have?

Last thing we need is more stuff that's OP that only the uber rich can afford to use often.

Edited by Korrode

maybe capitalism is frowned upon in EL, I for one like the idea of an ubberexpensive item that only few are able to afford, or use. Screw all being equal, standing out from the crowd would actually be nice. So is actually considering whether using such a potion is really worth it. So 2kgc wouldn't be enough, the pot would have to be worth a lot more.

But yes, I do like the idea of this potion, especially if it could be used for every skill out there.

standing out from the crowd would actually be nice.

I think more aesthetic items that are very unique/flashy and expensive are a fine idea.

Just not items that screw up combat balance, whether it be PvP or PvE.