Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrfancypants

Banned

Might want to check your forum pm's.

If you can't find them, I will be happy to post them.

(hint: It was the last one i sent you in the conversation about you asking for an alt, right before you said "tyvm! :P "

(May 5 2009 to be precise).

It was bad enough you kept buying and selling and kind of getting around it all, but I let that slide with some watching. But this is the final straw of you not "remembering" or "understanding" the rules or your conditions. You can only play that card so many times.

what does it matter if i buy/sell characters?

and i looked at the pm, and you said "No sharing or anything else that can make for trouble."

when did me sharing a character make any trouble?

how long will this ban last?

what the hell.... i dont understand how you can do this. I did nothing to get in trouble, and now you are banning my character forever? that is stupid. even when me sharing, caused no trouble.

No sharing. End of story, you agreed as well.

Indefinite.

(bah i hit the edit button instead of reply button, fixed it)

I learned a good lesson from it. When repeat ban customers tell me they changed and beg for "just one alt so I can fight while I level" , I will say no. Because they don't mean it, and start buying buying buying (and selling when caught) and sharing (not wanting to level at all,and having multiple alts).... Then not only do they do that but they ignore the conditions they agreed to...(give them an inch they take a mile). Then they rant and carry on proving they haven't changed a bit (if the other things didn't prove that already :P ).

I was nice to let you have the alt. You abused that trust and benefit of the doubt.

I learned a good lesson from it. When repeat ban customers tell me they changed and beg for "just one alt so I can fight while I level" , I will say no.

You said i could ahve an alt, and what did i do? i leveled it while fighting on one, or vise versa... never breaking rules on it.

Because they don't mean it, and start buying buying buying (and selling when caught)

what do u mean by this? if you mean i buy and sell characters, so what? its my real life money, so i should be able to do whatever i want to do with it. everytime i buy/sell a character, i make radu $20 at least (namechanges).

and sharing (not wanting to level at all,and having multiple alts)....

i only had one alt, which is what we agreed to, and i didnt share my character because i didnt want to train it myself, i did it because my friends wanted a character to pk on.

Then not only do they do that but they ignore the conditions they agreed to...(give them an inch they take a mile). Then they rant and carry on proving they haven't changed a bit (if the other things didn't prove that already :P ).

wouldnt u rant if you were banned for no reason other than "i can"? i did nothing illegal with my characters, but you decide to ban me anyway.

I was nice to let you have the alt. You abused that trust and benefit of the doubt.

i didnt abuse your trust, i did everything i said i was going to.

I learned a good lesson from it. When repeat ban customers tell me they changed and beg for "just one alt so I can fight while I level" , I will say no.

You said i could ahve an alt, and what did i do? i leveled it while fighting on one, or vise versa... never breaking rules on it.

Because they don't mean it, and start buying buying buying (and selling when caught)

what do u mean by this? if you mean i buy and sell characters, so what? its my real life money, so i should be able to do whatever i want to do with it. everytime i buy/sell a character, i make radu $20 at least (namechanges).

and sharing (not wanting to level at all,and having multiple alts)....

i only had one alt, which is what we agreed to, and i didnt share my character because i didnt want to train it myself, i did it because my friends wanted a character to pk on.

Then not only do they do that but they ignore the conditions they agreed to...(give them an inch they take a mile). Then they rant and carry on proving they haven't changed a bit (if the other things didn't prove that already :P ).

wouldnt u rant if you were banned for no reason other than "i can"? i did nothing illegal with my characters, but you decide to ban me anyway.

i didnt abuse your trust, i did everything i said i was going to.

It doesn't matter WHY you shared the character, you were under restrictions of No Sharing, and broke those restriction!

Lets try again.

You were under a no alts, no sharing, no any trouble of any sort probation, as are all people who are locked for illegal multi.

You sent me a forum pm begging for one alt to fight on, while you level your main and mix and all that. Ok, you asked nicely, i said yes. One alt, but still no sharing and no more than one alt. You said tyvm :P.

Now note that I do not need your ok on it, because if you don't say ok, i take all offers of one alt back anyway. If anybody doesn't agree to their unlock conditions, the unlock is revoked. So the minor point of you claiming you never agreed to it is moot. (although I beg to differ that "tyvm :) " is not agreeing.)

Now after this conversation, I frequently noticed multiple characters on your IP in addition to the 2. And every time I questioned you about them, you gave me some song and dance about "oh i'm selling it" or "it is going to be my bot". And yet this kept happening even after I repeatedly told you that you were only allowed 1 alt and to pick one and stick with it (including a main).

Then I find out you are sharing your character. So basically we have your character(s) hopping around on different IP's, and multiple characters showing up on your IP. All in absolute contradiction to your conditions.

The reason you can't have alts or any sharing is that is the condition of illegal multi people coming back. All illegal multi people. As I stated, you abused my telling you that you can have one alt.

i told you, i only had one main character and one alt at any given time.

i had mrfancypants and an alt.... i was in the process of selling mrfancypants and i bought another character. So, the new character became my main, and the alt was given away (still ahve only two charcters). i sold mrfancypants, and had an alt given to me which was better than the one i had before (still only 2 characters).

and when i gave you "song and dance" about the character being an bot. What did i do? i still had a main and alt... the alt i made into a bot (collardhills) and AFTER the character was made into a bot, i made an alt.... so still the entire time i only had 2 characters at a time.

I dont see how you justify banning me when i didnt break a rule. maybe you could have talked to me, and i could have stopped the sharing?

No, there were several times you had more than 2 characters on your IP and they went back and forth too. The only time you claimed you were selling (then must have) is when you got caught. And yet I did not ban you then, I AGAIN gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Don't forget i see the logs.

I did talk to you. I talked to you every time you have been locked, I talked to you every time you claimed to not understand the rules and/or your conditions, I talked to you every time I saw something that broke those conditions and rules. Don't forget the episode with tadpole, calypso, and collardhills where you had somebody log on to get a different IP so you could move the stuff from one character to another and instead of banning you then (already broke all conditions), I was nice enough to say you could undo it and stay unbanned.

After the umpteenth time, there is no excuse.

No, there were several times you had more than 2 characters on your IP and they went back and forth too. The only time you claimed you were selling (then must have) is when you got caught. And yet I did not ban you then, I AGAIN gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I wasnt "caught" because i never had more than 2 characters under my control at one time. Even when you PMed me, i explained it to you, an you said it was perfectly fine.

Don't forget i see the logs.

I did talk to you. I talked to you every time you have been locked, I talked to you every time you claimed to not understand the rules and/or your conditions, I talked to you every time I saw something that broke those conditions and rules. Don't forget the episode with tadpole, calypso, and collardhills where you had somebody log on to get a different IP so you could move the stuff from one character to another and instead of banning you then (already broke all conditions), I was nice enough to say you could undo it and stay unbanned.

i didnt have someone else log onto calypso so i could trade all of the items back and fourth... if you look at the logs, i had never even logged into calypso when the trades happened (so how could that count as multi?). but you explained it to me, i apologized, and i righted the wrong

After the umpteenth time, there is no excuse.

i dont ahve an excuse, i ahve a reason. before i gave the pass to the two people to share, i looked at my ban thread and even looked at PMs. the way i read/understood it, was that i couldnt share my account if it lead to any trouble. and it NEVER did lead to any trouble.

So, Fancy is banned forever now... i guess there is no way i can get him back.

Am i right that i can only have one character now? or am i banned from el period?

Edited by mrfancypants

i have a question

how come about a month ago, when my character was named mrfancypants, i did a #help_me because i want to know if me and smurf could trade again (smurf had logged into my character once), but you had said no, bcus i was prepaired to not trade with him, i shouldnt be able to now... why didnt you say anything then about me not being able to share? why did you wait a month later, and for me to spend even more money on the game, for it to become worthless?

It never occured to me you would have so foolish as to have shared during your conditions, I thought that the sharing you were talking about would have been from before you were ever locked.. I never even looked at your logs then, it was so obvious you were not supposed to be sharing. Everything was spelled out for you every time.

I am not your babysitter. It is not on my head to keep monitoring you to make sure you read and follow the rules and your conditions and get a dictionary for you to understand them. If you need one to keep you safe, maybe EL is not for you.

You aren't getting unbanned. Enough of this.