Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

GC buying and Selling off-topic

based on this thread Clicky theres now an off-topic version ;p

To beat it, the nature of MMOs will have to change. Imre Jele believes new persistent worlds will be designed with real-world trading in mind. And one option available is to simply make your experience so much fun that no one feels the need to "cheat" the grind in the first place.

"To be honest, I think instead of real-world trading, games have to be designed in a way that they provide enough fun while you are getting somewhere; if I am incapable of providing you with enough fun while you collect that 1000 gold for a steed, then the game is not good enough," concluded Jele.

is a very good point, if you think GC buying is bad, do something about it which doesnt screw the players over, how long is it ago that mini-events got made? nothing changed so far.

instead, listen to people with complaints, constructive criticism or suggestions (as long as its nothing extreme, and adds better/more fun gameplay for people)

for example (again) no one who loves the game wants to sit for a few hours watching someone kill yeti till its his or her turn, they want to play instead! what options are left to train or farm gc on them?

there is no other option, so people log off and check back every now and then to see if spawns free, or think about quitting the game.

from my experience: someone else and me are argueing about quitting game sometimes, why bother continueing if you cant do what you like to do?

we buy from shop sometimes, and buy GC.. keep the game as it is and you will loose shopbuyers and GC buyers, win and loss at the same time, but problems dont get fixed that way, or maybe we'll just log on to pk and to sustain that by buying GC, then its just a loss for shop.

mini-events didnt work, why not? it inflated prices, every harvestable ends up being used for something a fighter uses, inflate prices and it will increase GC buying, thats why mini events dont work.

(speculating now) some mixers probably stop harving their own resources, and buy them from other players and keep that up by buying GC, which in turn adds to the problem of less shop sales.

i could rant on for hours, but basicly it comes down to this: DON'T demotivate players to do things themselves, instead encourage them to do it

by for example removing mini-events, removing double yeti and make them single trainable (making them single trainable, and moving 1 yeti from double spawns around increases the amount of spawns so people get motivated to train and/or farm)

motivate people to do things themselves by making the grind more fun, and they will GC buy less and instead use their $ to buy things usefull to them to play the game (Rosto's for example)

/end rant, discuss what u think

Edited by Infamous