Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slayton

Desktop Pics!

As you can tell, I like using menus instead of a bunch of clutter

I think I may have less clutter:

20070804183022153x115scfz9.png

That's dwm running with a slightly modified configuration and default colour scheme. Though you can't see them, Firefox is running maximized under the 'web' tag and Pidgin IM is running on #rubinius (floating instead of tiled) under the 'chat' tag.

Though it's not very pretty, and doesn't support some of the rarer atoms some clients tend to request, it's a godsend for development, especially debugging (in this case, rubinius), and saves me a _lot_ of hunting around for windows when I need a manpage, gdb session, and a split vim session running to refer to at the same time.

Of course, I fire up Openbox 3 instead if I feel like playing games, or sometimes just run them in floating mode instead.

Edited by crusadingknight

Lol puna, what is the "last resort"?

game i like/dont like, love and hate....only play it when i have nothing better to do.....which is alot

"chain of command"

Edited by PuNa

desktop.jpg

Half those games I gave a try but did not keep playing =/ Just never got around to uninstalling

Edit: typo

Edited by LoneWolfStrider

As you can tell, I like using menus instead of a bunch of clutter

I think I may have less clutter:

20070804183022153x115scfz9.png

That's dwm running with a slightly modified configuration and default colour scheme. Though you can't see them, Firefox is running maximized under the 'web' tag and Pidgin IM is running on #rubinius (floating instead of tiled) under the 'chat' tag.

Though it's not very pretty, and doesn't support some of the rarer atoms some clients tend to request, it's a godsend for development, especially debugging (in this case, rubinius), and saves me a _lot_ of hunting around for windows when I need a manpage, gdb session, and a split vim session running to refer to at the same time.

Of course, I fire up Openbox 3 instead if I feel like playing games, or sometimes just run them in floating mode instead.

How similar is dwm to wmii? WMII is great for Vi addicts (such as myself), although I love & prefer XFCE4 and use it on any PC I own.

How similar is dwm to wmii? WMII is great for Vi addicts (such as myself), although I love & prefer XFCE4 and use it on any PC I own.

Same author, so they're very similar in function, only dwm is much more slimmed down, and uses even less screen real estate (for instance, there are no title bars). On the other hand, it takes a while at first to get the config for dwm right as you need to recompile to reconfigure.

Here's my desktop (don't want you seeing the err embarrasing stuff on my desktop, so here's a picy.

zelda1337zg2.png

Being a good Yankee and hardy supporter of the Department of Hometown Obscurity, I always maintain a wanted poster or two of shameless hussies on my desktop as is illustrated thusly:

http://www.gogoofus.com/randompix/bigtop.jpg :D

(don't mind those icons of other online games, since we recently hooked up to the fiber optic network I've been experimenting a little but haven't found anything nearly as good as EL.... except maybe the desktop... :) )

I like the pics especially of zelda etc etc. but 1 thing i find funny o.O a lot of u guys don't even have el on ur desktop lol. Or do you prefer start menu? I do start menu meself lol but <3 stuff like that as well.

Usually I keep a desktop wallpaper from anime I actually watch and like :confused:

Used to be Hellsing Order, Fate/Night Stay,...,Bleach :P

I'm sneaky, when I want to play EL I just click on Angie's lips.....

Love that flying penguin! Is is related to Sister Bertrille? :happy:

here's mine. i really like my desktop backround. im a HUGE naruto fan.

does any1 here remember Zerth? as you can see from the picture i talk to him alot via Xfire

my desktop

you no how you can put images on your desk top by rite clicking on it and clicking "set as desk top item"? i just tryed to put one on today and the "set as desk top item" has dissipered :/ any one no why?

Edited by thelethalmoo

...a lot of u guys don't even have el on ur desktop lol. Or do you prefer start menu? ...

I prefer QuickLaunch bar...

And I'm using additional keyboard keys. One of them is binded to EL.

Anshar ==> boooring! (I'm not sure if I already told u, but Sailor Moon sux) :pinch:

Edited by BloodSucker

It ain't Sailor Moon, n44bster :lurker:

Comparing Darker than black to Sailor Moon is like comparing Spice Girls to Ella Fitzgerald.

It ain't Sailor Moon, n44bster :confused:

Comparing Darker than black to Sailor Moon is like comparing Spice Girls to Ella Fitzgerald.

I can see that, I saw Sailor Moon... once. That was enough for many, many loooong years.