Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zilvador

Maltik is a bag jumper

My db was taken from me by Maltik. I write this as a warning for guilds considering recruiting him. He ignored my pm's and the requests on another:

Zilvador: hi Maltik

Zilvador: my bag I think (:

Zilvador: Can I have my cape back?

CooLDyLaN: maltik

CooLDyLaN: move off the bag please

Zilvador: and take of the cape (:

Zilvador: sheesh

Zilvador: oh well...my fault

Zilvador: He left some flowers in it :S

CooLDyLaN: :/

[PM to Maltik: I will put your name on the forums as a bag jumper if you don't return my cape]

[PM to Maltik: Then you can forget about joining most guilds]

[PM to Maltik: It's sad to have people like you in this game]

You said "db" right? That means "death bag". Therefore, do not refer to this as bag jumping.

Aha..I see that our definitions of bag jumping are different.

Then let's call it death bag jumping. To me it's morally just about the same thing.

I disagree.

Loosing a DB is the risk of training without a rostogol stone.

I know it sucks to loose a DB with expensive items in them but if you can work to get yourself 200-300Kgc worth of training goods you shouldn't rush into training until you work a little longer to get another 23Kgc to buy a rosto and protect your investment.

Think of all the things that could happen while training. You could loose power at your house and die training and not be back in time to get your bag before it poofs or someone finds it.

You could lag and die (I hear about this happening often).

You could turn away for a second to get your drink and take a sip and die by accident.

Always carry a rostogol and you would never have to worry about this EVER.

I disagree.

I know it sucks to loose a DB with expensive items in them but if you can work to get yourself 200-300Kgc worth of training goods you shouldn't rush into training until you work a little longer to get another 23Kgc to buy a rosto and protect your investment.

Think of all the things that could happen while training. You could loose power at your house and die training and not be back in time to get your bag before it poofs or someone finds it.

You could turn away for a second to get your drink and take a sip and die by accident.

or you can be so high that you forget you're even on the computer :)

I disagree.

or you can be so high that you forget you're even on the computer :)

rofl dude you are so not funny.

****Crap crap crap, I did it again. This is Nova posting, not Quesar. Neither of us logs out of forums or checks who is logged in before we post apparently****

I disagree.

And what about when the stuff you are wearing/carrying costs less than a rosto paul? What then? Still carry a rosto because some people don't consider getting on DBs bag jumping? Zilvador is just letting everyone know about this person in case they feel differently than you do. From the amount of posts you have made about this very type of subject we ALL know what you think. Some other people think it is scummy.

Edited by Quesar

Wether taking a Db is bagjumping has be discussed recently here.

Could we let it rest in peace please, this dead horse starts to get really smelly, and to keep on beating it isn't going to change anything

I disagree.

i wanted to point something out b/c everyone says this about carrying rostos..

not everyone can afford rostos.. ive been here awhile and even im still having trouble purchasing one... not to mention you lose one every time you die, so even if someone whos just getting started can afford one.. eventually they will die thus losing the rosto, and wont be able to afford another one... thats all im saying, im out of this conversation now..

I disagree.

i wanted to point something out b/c everyone says this about carrying rostos..

not everyone can afford rostos.. ive been here awhile and even im still having trouble purchasing one... not to mention you lose one every time you die, so even if someone whos just getting started can afford one.. eventually they will die thus losing the rosto, and wont be able to afford another one... thats all im saying, im out of this conversation now..

It takes less than 1/2 the work to get a rosto than to get a crown of life that he was probably wearing seeing as 99% of people training a/d are wearing one. And it really isn't hard to find someone to do a shop purchase for gc for $5 to get one from radu and I can bet radu would be happy to get them a rosto in no time at all.

There are a lot of assumptions here. In the first post the only item mentioned is a cape, and I was pointed to this thread after I wondered out loud how a newbie like Maltik could afford a FR, so my assumption is that is what was lost, an item certainly not worth using a rosto.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever actually talked to this player, it could very well just be a language issue, since he never responded to any of the comments and questions directed at him.

Sorry for your loss Zilvador and thank you for clearing up a mystery for me :P

Maxine

Edit: Oh irony.

I was walking through the PL saps cave when I saw Maltik. I decided to see if he spoke english and the following happened:

gallery_14261_111_17528.png

It wasnt me, but a rat that did him in. I asked him if he wanted 'his' cape back but never got a response, so now Zilvador has an extra FR cape :)

Edited by Maxine

To clear up things...I wasn't training and the only thing of value I was carrying was the cape. As I was hoping to convey with my first post, it was in no means made as a result of anger, but more because I as a guild leader would like to know about these kind of things before accepting anyone into the guild. That's the reason that I make a forum search before accepting anyone.

I am well aware of the danger of dying without a rost, have done it and suffered the consequences many times and know that it is not against the rules. The title of this forum was even a bit off for my purpose, but as 'Outlaws' isn't here now, this would have to do.

Besides...I did consider the possibility of the language barrier, but figured that the possibility was low...and if it was the case, then the guild joining issue should resolve itself when he joins a guild supposedly representing not-English-speaking players.

With the risk of starting another debate, I do consider it immoral to take a db as well as taking a bag in the usual 'bag jumper' cases. It's a part of the game and shouldn't be illegal, but I wouldn't want anyone like that in my guild, for instance :)

Sorry for your loss Zilvador and thank you for clearing up a mystery for me :P

And thank you too Maxine for returning my cape...hehe :) . It seems that you were right about the languages since he didn't even claim his own death bag when he lost it.

...and they all lived happily ever after :)

Not really. Lost the cape in another...incident :)

But at least I'm helping Victor through the financial crisis. :hiya:

I was walking through the PL saps cave when I saw Maltik. I decided to see if he spoke english and the following happened:

gallery_14261_111_17528.png

It wasnt me, but a rat that did him in. I asked him if he wanted 'his' cape back but never got a response, so now Zilvador has an extra FR cape :)

Just a bit concernerned about this guy....if he is so weak (new) that a rat can kill him, how come he didn't respawn on IP without loss? And if he drops stuff, shouldn't he be able to tell if he can kill a rat? :hiya:

Anyway....funny he dropped just that cape of all things...and just incredible that Zilvador lost it again!

maybe the cape is cursed? :)

Edited by EaglePrince

maybe the cape is cursed? :P

No, really. It's me! :hiya:

Oh...wait. If the cape was cursed....I should be able to sue Victor for fraud....and I'd be rich!! :D