Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
asgnny

Team PK "instance"

My suggestions for changes to nexus requirements for equipment:

The nexus requirements for the mainstream items were all carefully chosen. If anything, why not bump the uber orange spam stuff up to human 8, leaving everything else as-is?

Side note: MoL, MoM are used by players in all walks of EL life. Making these require human 6 would render them useless for lots of mixers.

For example, if the other changes i suggest aren't made, and people were to choose "Human Nexus 6 restricted Instance", they'd be able to use dragon armors

Dragon armours are 7 human btw (unless they have changed) so leaving them 7 will put them in same group as bronze, upping orange spam stuff to 8 would add another tier of contests above that

edit: to below, lol i had to re-check before i posted :)

Edited by conavar

ya u posted as i edited cona, i went and double checked, my bad.

EDIT:

The only thing i can add is to perhaps put the BoD and BRoD up to human 7 so we could actually use BP/Mirror capes (and only be at risk of ebul rings) in the human 6 instance (which i'll wager would be by far the most popular)... and the SoM to 7 too, because it's so luck oriented.

But even without those changes it would be good (besides, i want to BRoD my brown tags as much as they want to BRoD me xD), so yeah, i agree with Asgnny, just orange spam ti/steel armors and orange spam great swords to human:8 would do the trick.

Edited by Korrode

Items restriction is a pain in the ass to implement, there are too many items.

I think an 'honor' system would work, if someone abuses the player agreed rules, then no one will play with them again, simple as that. I think this will be mainly used by high level players, which aren't many, and no one would want to be permanently 'banned' by the players from this.

i dont know if this will make programing a litle easier but, maybe the opponets can see the others inv(either by actually seeing the inventory or getting a list of items) and just choose the items they cant use..

and maybe there can be a betting system for spectators, either the winning spectators get all or a portion of the money or the fighter gets some of the gc the spectators bet or just the gc he and the opponent 'bet'

and this way people can pk/spectate for gc instead of harving manu etc.

but if this were to happen there would have to be item restrictions so that a player cant just use a bod or DMG rings and get rich

EDIT: another idea is more 'mini games' like were there is someone who bets gc that you cant kill Xmonster with Yitems in Ztime. ofc there will be limitation so you cant bet 1milgc that a nub cant kill a drag.

Edited by cameronroyce

i dont know if this will make programing a litle easier but, maybe the opponets can see the others inv(either by actually seeing the inventory or getting a list of items) and just choose the items they cant use..

I'd wager that coding that system would be waaay harder than just a check for < X nexus equipment.