Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daiske1

When multing a creature

I just got a question: How does the creature determine who to attack?

Like in instance, everyone is fighting one monster, how does it determine who to attack?

Edited by daiske1

The monster will attack whoever has lower deffence and/or is easyest to hit :)

Edited by Sir_Exeus

so for ex: if someone had 100 a/d but was in full dragon, and someone had 110 a/d but had nothing on, the person with 110 a/d would be attacked?

Actually, it's not just based on levels/attribs, armor does have an impact on who will be faced as well.

Well, it works on players at least, and afaik it's the same AI (i used to att a person w/ my torso armor unequipped so they'd turn to me, instead of staying facing a slightly lower level guildie already fighting them, and then re-equip torso plate... worked good on some char buyer nubs who didn't have the brain power to click back to my guildies).

Actually, it's not just based on levels/attribs, armor does have an impact on who will be faced as well.

Well, it works on players at least, and afaik it's the same AI (i used to att a person w/ my torso armor unequipped so they'd turn to me, instead of staying facing a slightly lower level guildie already fighting them, and then re-equip torso plate... worked good on some char buyer nubs who didn't have the brain power to click back to my guildies).

Exactly, who ever is easiest to hit :)

Korrode's answers always sound so much better than mine :medieval:

lol, so does astro come into play? or is it just depends on armor, attribues, a/d lvls, offensive spells, and other stuff?

lol, so does astro come into play? or is it just depends on armor, attribues, a/d lvls, offensive spells, and other stuff?

it depends on astro too.

with same armor and similar a/d, at times I am the "punching bag", at other times rauch :)

lol, lots of things are into account while seeing who will be attacked in instances. *sigh*

Exactly, who ever is easiest to hit :)

A dragon or Ti torso plate being on or off doesn't affect how easy one is to hit :P

Exactly, who ever is easiest to hit B)

A dragon or Ti torso plate being on or off doesn't affect how easy one is to hit :)

O shut up mr technical head :P