Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeStone

A handful of suggestions

It's that time again where I put all my ideas down on the forum, which I belief will improve EL and beg not to be banned, booted, ip blocked and all the rest with excessive legalize ...

Ok a little less legalize: The following are my ideas which are to improve EL, they are not meant to insult, threaten, anger or cause any other hostle mood or feeling to any helping staff, mods, Creators, coders, developers. designers or any other person who has worked to make EL the game it is today. These ideas are suggestions meant to present a different look on game play, look&feel, or adjustments to current ... stuff. You get the idea.

Please understand that I _may_ speak of something SIMILAR to another person topic, please read closely to understand how this topic differs from others which have posted before me. I have done my best to search out each of these topics before posting on them. If I have missed one, please let me know, and I'll be glad to edit out or in any comments needed to make my point without repeating some one elses idea.

EDITED IDEAS: 6/24/09

-------------------------------

Code clean up suggestions, these could be quick or short, but would help out greatly.

- Identify gender, "Wall falls on s/he" I'm sure we could set the word based on gender

- Set the harvest hour to turn on after being off-line for an hour, this way, you can't have people dodge new hour harvest rest for IP Storage

- Massive coding/rewrite: Set up accounts so all characters made are kept in the account

-- Only one account per person unless they are paying a monthly fee per account

-- Keep all character on the account, so only one character can be played at one time per account

END EDITED NEW IDEAS 6/24/09

------------------------------

Ideas:

--------

The following are to make room for a female deer:

- Female Deers: Remove the antlers, decrease in size by 5%, remove on thing of meat for drops, make them one level lower (a/d/p/c ... or what ever is used to measure fighting stuff) give them the same HP amount as male deers. Gives less xp then current deers

- Male Deers: Increase fighting stuff by two levels (a/d stuff), give them 5 more points of life. Keep current xp the same as current deers

- Wolves: Increase fighting stuff by 1 level.

The following are to help remove money from the system and for fighting.

- Make "Monster Offensive" Capes, something which will offend them and cause them to fight you even though your defense is above the ignore level. One cape for each monster type because ... well because anti republic stickers don't offend democrats and vice/versa. Each cape might run 4K to 6K, and they BREAK! after a while

Sparing gear, and sparing locations

Boxing Gloves

- Boxing gloves which remove damage done to your target. They are suppose to be expensive, and able to break if you are fighting some one with armor. They will break faster if the person is wearing better armor ... leather barely does damage, iron damages, steal damages, and Titanium shreads, so on and so forth

-- The lowers boxing gloves (brown) can be made with cotton, thread, leather and rope, but they only remove about 1-2 points of damage per hit and break quickly (compaired to the other boxing gloves)

-- there are many after that (Green, Red, Blue, Black, are my suggested order... bright to dark), but they run 5K for the first non-make-able gloves, next one up up by 10K, then 15K more after that ... etc. Each one is tougher, and lasts longer.

-- They get destroyed quickly when fighting monsters, but not as much when fighting creatures.

Boxing Rings:

- I would suggest that this is something a guild buy pay real money to the game owners to keep as part of their guild map, or can be added to their game map, with a minor money maintenance fee.

- Boxing rings, no one dies, they go down to 1 hp and then the fight is over.

- I've seen theaters around, I was thinking that this could be something of a spectator sport where no armor, no weapons, no crowns, and people spare and bet ingame money for. If you don't like gambling, then don't add NPCs to take bets ;) Another way to drain money from the game :P.

That's it for now, I hope I've stated my ideas clearly enough. Again these are only suggestion to add fun to the game. Take any part or come up with your own and call it yours. None of this is set in stone, they are suggestions for improvement and not meant to insult or hurt any feelings or pride.

Later,

Edited by BladeStone

- Make "Monster Offensive" Capes, something which will offend them and cause them to fight you even though your defense is above the ignore level. One cape for each monster type because ... well because anti republic stickers don't offend democrats and vice/versa. Each cape might run 4K to 6K, and they BREAK! after a while

Getting visions of people with 120+ a/d going AFK at imbro fluff cave with this cape and a gatherer medallion. Some spare capes in inv, check every so often, but for the rest, just be AFK, and after 8 hours or more, go back to sto with a crapload of gc and other drops, and extremely free xp.

Not a good idea.

As for the others.. i won´t even bother ^^

1. Female deers --- pretty nice idea.

2. Cape of Monster Offensive --- similar ideas suggested countless times. Rejected each and every one of them. Search for the reasons posted there if what Dilly said isn't enough.

3. Boxing gloves. PvP is probably one of the best sources of experience. Probably one of the cheapest and safest, too. Adding an item like boxing gloves would make it even cheaper and safer. Bad idea.

4. Boxing rings. Sounds like an awesome place to pvp. Especially if it is added in guarded (in most of cases) guild maps. People wouldn't even bother to walk back from Underworlds in case of death (which wouldn't happen). The other part of this suggestion is not consistent with the first part. It's either in private guild maps or open for spectators. When did the NPC appear in this suggestion (other than not adding it)?

Getting visions of people with 120+ a/d going AFK at imbro fluff cave with this cape and a gatherer medallion. Some spare capes in inv, check every so often, but for the rest, just be AFK, and after 8 hours or more, go back to sto with a crapload of gc and other drops, and extremely free xp.

Not a good idea.

As for the others.. i won´t even bother ^^

At times my game response time can get up to a 2 second. I was looking for a solution so I didn't have to chase the monsters around for 30 seconds apiece before I get lucky on hitting them. SOLUTION FOR CAPES: Shorten the AFK time, make the cape not work when afk, and no drops EVER while wearing it.

As for the boxing ring NPC, that would be a game owner thing so people can place bets at a safe public ring for a planned event.

As for the boxing gloves ... maybe up the price more 50K, 100K, 150K, 200K gold and they are guaranteed to break after 15 minutes or less of use no matter what you use it on.

Ok so my only good idea here was the female deer.

SOLUTION FOR CAPES: Shorten the AFK time, make the cape not work when afk, and no drops EVER while wearing it.

As far as I remember AFK is handled client-side. It is possible to set this time to zero which makes you afk either always or never.

Entropy either was working on or completed a server side AFK sort of thing. I suggested that he use that to disable the gatherer medallion and if this monster offending cape was to be added, I would suggest that he use the server side AFK to disable it as well.

As for the deer, you forgot the fawn. :D Have a fawn show up when the male and the female deer are around each other too long and have a male deer arrive when the fawn is attacked. :) Fawns could turn into male or female deer after 30 minutes. lol Sadly, I am being serious here. I am sure a few people think I am joking, but I think it would add a great bit of realism for the game critters to have the concept of family and age. Maybe later, packs and herds.

Just adding the female deer....no problem with that. The one thing that I would suggest is that you shouldn't assume one sex of an animal is going to be weaker or stronger. Even if they were, they might be faster or slower.