Eternal Lands Official Forums
DarkPresent

Bug with Evanescence perk

Hi, i'd like to ask why when i take the perk i got more hits than that b4 i take it ?

I was killing 145+ yeti's per trip on double spawn with Jagged Sabre, now, after i take this perk i kill 125-135 with the same wepon. I asked some players and they tell me that the monsters have Astro, but... i never have that problem before, they just start to make me a lot of critical hits like never before.

i actually had same feeling when i took Evanescence perk. it seems that with this perk, mobs hits more crits on you, than w/o this perk. and it should be opposite, i believe.

i'd like more ppl to say if they had same problem.

I have the perk, but I didn't notice a difference, but I would not notice a difference with how little I fight.

If anything changes about this perk, I would be very interested to know.

Well after a test on test server, the results look satisfying, for PvP and training. Noticed some extra exp/dodges with evanescence on both PvP and training. Although the difference is hard to see if you don't compare with a previous non-eva training sessions, with the exactly same parameters (stuff/levels/attributes). But i remember ambro's topic (http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49514) for fading messages promoting positives combat perks, and it could be handy to see if you notice the blocks with evanescence

When i took the perk i expected to beable to stay on spawn longer aswell (10% less hits). This however didn't seem to be the case. It even seemed my stay on spawn was shortened. Heard this complaint from more ppl who took the perk aswell.

In PK i did notice a positive difference however...especially when being multied.

Maybe there is something not 100% right with the perk.

Atm it is very hard to judge if and when the perk works...same goes for fatal man and to less extent BP and mirror perk.

That's why i suggested you get a small fading message when a combat perk works. Gives satisfaction and proof that it actually does it's job.

Edit: Sia and me had the feeling we were getting more crit hits aswell with the perk (from monsters).

Edited by Ambrosius

This is starting to look like you dodge 10% more from HUMANS and get 10% more crits from MOBS...weird

weird indeed.

But Radu said it was tested, and everything is ok with this perk.

so idk, ppl using or used perk seem to agree that something might not be 100% right, but... idk idk

I did some testing on the perk based on following assumptions:

1. eva gives def exp when it works (based on what I've heard)

2. a fresh char can't possibly block clops

Gave a 100% noob char eva perk, col and ice dragon armours.

A fight with cyclops with outsourced healing for some minutes resulted in broken armour and no blocks. It's useless atm.

Or the assmuption #1 is false and we need new tests.

Yeah your assumption is false, you don't get exp when evanescence works. Evanescence cancels the damage caused by 10% of your opponent's successful hits. You never get def exp when the opponent successfully hits you (even if that hit's damage is 0 because of armour or evanescence).

To run your test you need a noob character fighting with a col and nothing else equipped. Without the perk, the character should take some damage for every hit from the cyclops. Only with the perk would it sometimes take 0 damage.

Yeah your assumption is false, you don't get exp when evanescence works. Evanescence cancels the damage caused by 10% of your opponent's successful hits. You never get def exp when the opponent successfully hits you (even if that hit's damage is 0 because of armour or evanescence).

To run your test you need a noob character fighting with a col and nothing else equipped. Without the perk, the character should take some damage for every hit from the cyclops. Only with the perk would it sometimes take 0 damage.

You do get defense experience, see Entropy's statement on it.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=501720

Edited by robotbob

The clops hit a noob char with all attributes 4 for damage even when using ice dragon set, so no armour is only to get you killed. I did see dmg all the time, but because I paid attention only to the exp roll, can't give any reliable results there.