Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mr.Mind

Why you don't make money in EL

Than why are you wasting your time?

For the same reason that people play the game. It is entertaining.

Style, style. :devlish:

Mr Mind, it is my personal oppinion, but I don't think you should comment on something that you have not experienced. If you have not played the game for years, you have no clue about this games current economy.

If you want to comment on it, please get your butt in the game and play it and Then see what you think about your potential to make money and how you feel about the things that you have already said before you comment more.

You are like a dude that has not been in school for over 20 years commenting on current school conditions or a guy that watches American football commenting on a soccer game without watching a single game.....or a guy that has only seen people play cricket commenting on a baseball game.

I didn't say that I haven't been around. I just haven't actually played for awhile.

If you will re-read the topic, you will see that I was commenting on past conditions, not necessarily current. What I found interesting is that, over time, the main complaints about the game keep coming up every few months, and the argument for those complaints has remained exactly the same: if you sell ingredients for an item you will get more money than selling the item itself.

That does lead me to wonder - has the fundamental structure of the game changed? If the same complaints are being made, then it seems likely that there has been no significant changes (minor fixes perhaps), but you are right, there is no way to tell without playing.

However, the focus here is not the specifics of what item is better to make or what is EL's economy like, ect., but just a thought on how to make the decision whether to focus on going for money or going for xp, or whether you can have the best of both at the same time. I'm not demanding that people take my ideas seriously (other producers rarely do), but simply asking people to consider the fact that there are different ways of looking at it, and it is quite obvious that the request is extremely uncomfortable.

This is about the process of decision-making within the economy, not the status of the economy.

Edited by Mr.Mind

I haven't been so interested in selling anything since I found a removal stone while harvesting and sold it for a very nice amount. The stones are going to mess up the economy anyway!

Btw, please remember I am the GM of RICH now so please don't go making us enemies just cos you disagree with MrMind. Thanks.

I haven't been so interested in selling anything since I found a removal stone while harvesting and sold it for a very nice amount. The stones are going to mess up the economy anyway!

Btw, please remember I am the GM of RICH now so please don't go making us enemies just cos you disagree with MrMind. Thanks.

ROFL enemies over a chat in forums......that would be sooooooo petty.

ROFL enemies over a chat in forums......that would be sooooooo petty.

It has happened before.