Eternal Lands Official Forums
LabRat

My server is having problems

will we be having an update soon? I hope things are going ok.

OK Labrat I know you may be having some difficulty with your server but we haven't heard from you in 2 weeks on an issue you said would not take very long to fix.

Would it be possible to please let us know what is going on as last I seen you were selling your bot and I am concerned about the future hosting of my bot.

Do you have plans on still hosting or are you quitting altogether?

If so please let us all know so we may make further arrangements if needed and with as little loss as possible.

Also if you are not planning on continuing the hosting of bots could you please contact me in-game to sort out a small matter of some gold coin that was paid in advance?

Patiently waiting for response,

PaulB

Would it be possible to please let us know what is going on as last I seen you were selling your bot and I am concerned about the future hosting of my bot.

Hi Paul,

Just so you know Agneum's sale is something that has been on labrat's website for some time, it's not new and has nothing to do with this issue. Just I guess a way to test waters and see if someone else is interested in her and the bot capabilities.

As I mentioned to you in #IG labrat is an honourable man and I'm sure if he's not posted it's not out of lack of wanting to, rather lack of ability to. He respects the game and the impact it has on people's lives; he will be back with an answer and solution as soon as he's able to give one

I know you've been patient and 2 weeks feels like a long time, but sometimes things are out of our hands and we need to be more patient

love out

Sapphy

Since it's 2 week that Labrat's server is down, i think most of you already found an alternative to your bots hosting, however, since i have a 24/7 up computer with a very good ping to EL server (<10ms, i'm in France, and the server is less than 500km far from me), plenty of hardware resources and bandwidth available, i can offer to those of you who are stuck hosting services for your bots.

My bot code is trade only, can run in multiple instances, i can provide you with a password-protected (and even https is wished, startcom certificates) access to log files (simple or verbose at your discretion). It has full-pm configuration capabilities, can have multi-administrators, and (per-bot) price list, different from guildies and non-guildies. (my bot code heavily relies on deathadder - http://sourceforge.net/projects/deathadderelbot/) - you can pm my own bot "puppy" to have a quick look at the output "inv, wanted, loc" commands provides.

You can contact me via forum pm or ingame if my offer can be of some interrest for you.

Cheers,

Dogg'

so where do we stand now do whe have to look around for new host 3 week now or even longer

I sent Labrat a forum PM, which he read but did not respond too :/

Even though Labrat's hosting was really pr0 I have moved on to another host and currently await a refund of gold coin paid in advance, to which I have received no response.

so where do we stand now do whe have to look around for new host 3 week now or even longer

Even though Labrat's hosting was really pr0 I have moved on to another host and currently await a refund of gold coin paid in advance, to which I have received no response.

How much gc are we talking here, Paul?

I'd be happy to pay the amount if I can, I am sure Ill get a full refund from Labby when he returns.

I would trust this man with my kids, my puppy and my chatlogs (yeah really!!) so i know he has a good reason for not responding yet.

JezeBelle

How much gc are we talking here, Paul?

I'd be happy to pay the amount if I can, I am sure Ill get a full refund from Labby when he returns.

I would trust this man with my kids, my puppy and my chatlogs (yeah really!!) so i know he has a good reason for not responding yet.

JezeBelle

Well it's not that I am saying he is scamming me but I am wondering why he didn't reply to my message I sent him after he read it. Also I am curious as to why he hasn't given us an update in weeks.

As long as I have known Labrat I have known him to be a honest and trustworthy person. I would be insane to even think he would scam anyone out of anything.

That isn't the message I was trying to send. My concern is that quite a few people are asking him to update the situation and I think he has some obligation to reply to those questions from them.

All in all I prepaid 50Kgc for a month of hosting I did not receive and that's what I am asking for back.

If Labrat gets his service back up and running I would highly recommend people to use it for its very easy interface and management.

Also Labrat was always willing to help with customer support 100%.

For me though I needed to find another host because I was loosing gold coin having my bot down for such a long time. That and I paid $100 for my bot to be blessed and by having him down for so long it cuts the revenue produced by sales every day he was down, thus making my $100 blessing and year bot fee less worth the payment.

Thanks,

PaulB

agree with paul for once :blush: wel i paid 100$ for the whole year but consider looking for new host to since it takes a while and time is money and havent had an update in weeks now

Sorry for the lack of replies on my part.

I have been following the thread (it emails me on new posts) and reading the PMs sent to me.

I cannot get the bot code I have working with the database I have - they are too far out of sync to reverse the database into workable and stable code.

I will arrange to pay those that I owe gc to all their owed gc back and a percentage extra by way of apology.

I have been following the thread (it emails me on new posts) and reading the PMs sent to me.

I cannot get the bot code I have working with the database I have - they are too far out of sync to reverse the database into workable and stable code.

I will arrange to pay those that I owe gc to all their owed gc back and a percentage extra by way of apology.

Thank you Labrat for the reply :blush:

I am very sorry to hear that your bot code is that out of sync :icon13:

I wish you the best of luck in getting it worked out.

There is no need to pay back extra gold coin as an apology. You deserved every coin you got for the service you held and I was a very satisfied customer :pickaxe:

what about your custom clothing?

i have some clothing waiting to be hosted :]

Sir_odie has a custom clothing hosting service, check with him

"I cannot" ever? at the moment? for teh forseeable future?

If it's EVER, then I have a responsibility to the other share-holders in Passion bot to make alternative arrangements for hosting, sadly. Otherwise, sod em all, they can wait til u got teh time/patience/motivation to fix what ya can. Will keep tabs on this thread for further info that answers whether I need to be worried or not about another (omg please nooooo) host.

I'm personally taking a short break from EL due to overheating issues (who knew england could have sunshine ffs??) but will be on around rent time to pay agneum our dues. - PYE

*Pre add-post edit: YES we do have share holder stakes on passion bot, which is why negotiating lower prices takes time, dear reader, coz its not just a "my bot my £" decision.

"I cannot" ever? at the moment? for teh forseeable future?

If it's EVER, then I have a responsibility to the other share-holders in Passion bot to make alternative arrangements for hosting, sadly. Otherwise, sod em all, they can wait til u got teh time/patience/motivation to fix what ya can. Will keep tabs on this thread for further info that answers whether I need to be worried or not about another (omg please nooooo) host.

I'm personally taking a short break from EL due to overheating issues (who knew england could have sunshine ffs??) but will be on around rent time to pay agneum our dues. - PYE

*Pre add-post edit: YES we do have share holder stakes on passion bot, which is why negotiating lower prices takes time, dear reader, coz its not just a "my bot my £" decision.

UHHHhhhhh scratch teh "will be on around rent time" thing...cant pay agneum since its also offline...silly PYE...doh!

Labby, please forum pm me time/date I need to log in to catch u on EL so I can cough up teh reddies, cheers!

Has anyone heard from Labrat? A player in-game paid me the 50Kgc owed but they are waiting to be repaid. Jen_Marie logged on last week to pay me but I told her to pay it to the other party and nothing has been heard yet from either.

Would be nice to get this debt settled please.

As I said earlier; Labrat will return, I am sure of that.

There is no need to pay back the gc Paulb got in advange, Labby will take care of that when he comes back.

Issue of the gc closed.

JezeBelle

since when do you handle someone elses gc business? O.o

besides, some paid rl $

I was refering to the issue with PaulB, if you read correct, you would have known ^^

Jez