Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MephistopheLes

a mace introduction ?

I was thinking of a new item , maybe a mace ill explain.. well im sure you know what one looks like a ball with spikes on it held by a chain, i think this could be a 2 handed wepon and could hit hard it hits maybe 70+ but hits ever say 2-3secs the motion used is a swinging motion to get the full effect of one . Just a suggestion ay.

~Mephisto mfcl :closedeyes:

I'm pretty sure that's called a flail, and it's a swinging weapon which (AFAIK) isn't supported by the server yet.

mace.jpg

That's a mace, though I would support the introduction of more types weapons.

i can see what your saying but i like the chain links as it can swing it gives a more medival look towards it imo... :s that 'flail' seems a little modern n less evil looking :P

Oops, I just read they mean basically the same thing in modern context:

Typically, the weapon is depicted as one (or more) weights attached to a handle with a hinge or chain. Modern authors have multiple conflicting names for this weapon; the terms "morning star" (a stick with a spiked tip), and even "mace" (a bludgeoning weapon similar to a morning star) are used interchangeably with "flail", because of historical fallacies.

Wiki on Flail (weapon).

Nice, I just looked that up too. These are all good links to look at for clarification on mace vs. flail. Apparently there is some ambiguity today, but mace generally means a club and a flail is a swinging weapon w/ a chain. (Since we all know Wikipedia is holy and infallible :P )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_star_(weapon)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_(club)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flail_(weapon)

Handy weapon to pass opponents shield, if one of these ever becomes possible to implement, it should have some bonus against shield. Swing over shield and it lands on head.

Yeah, but I think that would require a lot of programming and I'd rather have other features implemented (e.g. more spells!) before a whole new weapons category. Maybe with the new EL engine.

FAQ's

More will be added to this post as time goes on

**Please do not make a new thread on ANY of these subjects unless your idea is original! Your post CAN be deleted!

Weapons & Armor, and other wearable items.

Will there be different types of weapons??

There will be different types, yes, but not whips or flails, ball & chain maces, or nunchuks. Nothing that swings.

Don't know how old this is or if its still active but..

Looks like we are stuck with the golden star mace as the only "mace" for a bit longer

Funny.....I don't think we have a recipe for the golden star mace yet. Shop only item, I think.

No recipe for the golden star mace, not available from shop. There's only one in game, given by Radu as a reward for a contest I think, but it's under a locked account. AFAIK.

i think lasher liquid or TooMass had it

No, Wolferien had it afaik. He used it on me once at DPa :) he is locked now though, iirc he broke rule 5 ^^