Eternal Lands Official Forums

Don't want to seem mean Aisy but it's fact; when I started this game at 3/3 a/d, you were 70's a/d, now I'm mid 130's a/d (99.9% of that exp gained by me btw ;p) and you're 80's a/d, and i've trained WAY slower than some other people. The chances of you a/d training cockatrice within the next 20 years is extremely slim (unless you suddenly take up grinding :P). Is it wise for the view of someone such as yourself be adhered to on the subject of the state of the cockatrice and maps that do little other than contain them?
Korrode, you make a LOT of assumptions. The biggest difference in you and me is not our a/d, but the fact that I did not abuse the game design and suddenly find the game unsuitable for my needs based on that behavior. By abuse, I do not mean illegally either so don't even jump on that.

For me, EL will always be "eternal". Just because I haven't gotten to cockatrice as a steady training option YET, doesn't mean that I won't or don't want to. (Yes I've killed some and yes I have ranged on them as well)

Willowvine is a beautiful map and I hate to break it to you, but it has other uses than "just to contain cockatrice" for high a/d folks. For that matter, the same can be said for all of the maps. Who died and left just high a/d people in the game? The rest of us enjoy the maps for varied purposes. "Training a/d like maniacs" doesn't give you all the right to demand changes to the game that will upset everyone else just to further that for you. You broke the game design, you live with it.

Of course this concept does lend itself to Zaer's comment about expecting the "worst" from people and planning around that. While I agree in general terms, that is a very hard thing to do as well. Hindsight is 20/20 but by then other things have developed to make it more difficult to fix. See below.

Should BMW make cars around the wants and views of the WeOnlyEverBuyChevroletsAlwaysForever Club? Or should they listen to the existing customers BMWs4eva Club and potential customers GonnaBuySomeKindOfLuxuryCar Club? Which will be better for BMW? which will make their customers happiest? which will gain them more customers faster?
This is a totally irrelevant paragraph. You again make the assumption I will never want anything to do with cockatrice, either combat or ranging, or have not already. Wrong on both counts. Or for that matter, a/d entirely.

So Radu should do something about it.

Cap a/d.

Remove pp buying.

It's going to make a handful or 2 of players mad and quit, but then the problem will be solved. By your own statements you agree it'd be for the best.

People will now turn around and say "oh korrode you don't have bought pp's and your 130's not 150's, your tune would change if you had bought pp's or more a/d"... but it wouldn't. If Radu were to decide to cap a/d at 120 and I was going to 'lose' hundreds of millions of exp i'd accept it with a smile.

EDIT: I'm not actually proposing 120 a/d for a cap, just making a point.

I don't think an a/d cap is the issue nor would it solve anything. But as you say, you are only making an example. I as well would sacrifice whatever if it meant fixing these problems and others.

But as always, life is not that simple. It is hard to anticipate how the game will go, how people will use or abuse certain features or lack of features, or even not use other features. And when not-so-wanted results rear their ugly head, the obvious fixes will have consequences...people bought things with real dollars, people worked hard for this or that, people will object and say they'll quit, nobody can agree on what the correct fix even is...you know the story, it's happened time and time again.

It is not such a simple matter to come up with a fix that won't upset the masses. You know, if left to me, I'd do the fix and say screw everybody else but lucky for EL it's Radu's game and he's a lot nicer to you all than I would be. :P

Willowvine is a beautiful map and I hate to break it to you, but it has other uses than "just to contain cockatrice" for high a/d folks. For that matter, the same can be said for all of the maps.

I agree with this statement. If pick that map apart, there is things to harvest and other things you could do there as well. The idea of a jungle in sense, is great. Same with many other maps, theres creatures on maps, quests possibly, hidden secrets, the list goes on and on. Each map does have it differences, and not just slightly, but they greatly differ. Which is great.

Though I still think a happy medium would help solve some issues with WV. A happy medium between mixers, fighters, rangers and just your avg player in general. I can remember the first attempt at "testing" the ~LE~ map with Roja and Ent. During the walk, I didn't have enough "details" persay. Details like grass edges, tree leaves around bottom of trees, just basic detail st00f mostly is what they told me. WV has that, so that is not a issue. Another thing that was discussed was some things I custom made. The idea of them were great, but due to the amount of things used to create "fancy" steps as one great example, I had to remove that idea. Do to I was told "less is more sometimes." I was able to find a large item to use, to create somewhat the same thing with a similar look. For that particular steps into a solo pk arena, the items on the steps used. Went from 25 items to 8 or 9 I forget. Fps increased dramatically do to the change. Some other areas where I made bushes, and etc. Were also removed or a few things here or there, to help with the "less is more sometimes" idea. Today the ~LE~ map is slightly different then it was back then. Its been updated once, do to wants and needs of those in ~LE~. But its principal and over all use ability remains the same.

On the last test with that map during that time, I made the needed changes. Added 2d details, finished some custom work. Bugged Ace all the time about st00f lolz. The use of it has more uses then just for safe pvp. Guild meeting center, a quite place to do some mixing if you perfer, a pool to hang out with your friends and splash around a little bit. Even had a ttr training area. It takes a little practice to ttr to exactly where you want, every time. The list goes onto other things, guild events, alliance events, etc.

My point is, as I was told "Less is more."... Could that be applied to WV and still not take away from it in a manner where it changes the map? So that everyone including mixers, fighters, handmen, etc are still happy with the map's over all use ability.

When I first tried to make this post:

"You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text"

:)

So some quotes not using quote tags.

I understand pp buying is causing unfairness to a/d trainers pkers,

but it is help for ppl like me to keep a normal training built and have some nexus for the skills that they want to level

atm i have 27 nexus that i use all and i have bought 9 , honestly i feel happy for nexus pps because i can do many things

If pp buying is abused by 10 players, u cant condemne all EL players.

About cap a/d i disagree also, some players like to train all day, well why should it be capped?

I have no problem with nexus buying.

Don't want to seem mean Aisy but it's fact; when I started this game at 3/3 a/d, you were 70's a/d, now I'm mid 130's a/d (99.9% of that exp gained by me btw ;p) and you're 80's a/d, and i've trained WAY slower than some other people. The chances of you a/d training cockatrice within the next 20 years is extremely slim (unless you suddenly take up grinding :P). Is it wise for the view of someone such as yourself be adhered to on the subject of the state of the cockatrice and maps that do little other than contain them?

Interesting for me, that you chose Aislinn for your great example of failing to train a skill to a certain level in a given time frame (a/d in this case). I don't think you even know what workload it is for her to moderate/admin this game/forums. Believe it or not but she actually has a lot to do involving this game behind the visible scenes.

If you want to make fun about such things perhaps choose a player of your own levels ?! Do I mock you for your unleveled noncombat skills? No >.<

I think you blow what I said way out of proportion.

I don't claim to have a full knowledge of Aislinn's responsibilities or the amount of time they take up, but i never doubted that she puts in a lot for the game.

I didn't make fun of her or mock her, and what do you mean "perhaps choose a player of your own levels ?!", my argument wouldn't apply to any high a/d'er, what you've said doesn't make sense.

Interesting that players are shot down in combat/PK threads that don't have your or higher levels to comment profoundly. On the other hand a/d-players seem to have every competence to comment non-combat/PK related threads.

Yes. I knock down people with little to no direct experience with particular areas of EL's combat system when those areas are being discussed. I'm not going to stop doing it.

Your comments related to a/d oriented players sticking their nose in on non-combat threads doesn't apply to me. It may apply to some people, but not me, I've always made a point of not jumping on threads that I don't have enough experience on the topic to see the full picture. I'm not saying i've never posted in such threads ever, but I am saying that I don't get in them making claims I have good knowledge of how things should be.

Don't want to seem mean Aisy but it's fact; when I started this game at 3/3 a/d, you were 70's a/d, now I'm mid 130's a/d (99.9% of that exp gained by me btw ;p) and you're 80's a/d, and i've trained WAY slower than some other people. The chances of you a/d training cockatrice within the next 20 years is extremely slim (unless you suddenly take up grinding :)). Is it wise for the view of someone such as yourself be adhered to on the subject of the state of the cockatrice and maps that do little other than contain them?
Korrode, you make a LOT of assumptions. The biggest difference in you and me is not our a/d, but the fact that I did not abuse the game design and suddenly find the game unsuitable for my needs based on that behavior. By abuse, I do not mean illegally either so don't even jump on that.

How did I abuse it?

Legally or otherwise?

Surely you're not saying that a/d training "a lot" is abuse?

I guess I bought a little gc over the years, but not much, especially compared to some other people.

On Korrode char anyway. Revik char is a different story, but none of this affects Revik char. ;p

For me, EL will always be "eternal". Just because I haven't gotten to cockatrice as a steady training option YET, doesn't mean that I won't or don't want to. (Yes I've killed some and yes I have ranged on them as well)

lol ok, fine then.

Willowvine is a beautiful map and I hate to break it to you, but it has other uses than "just to contain cockatrice" for high a/d folks. For that matter, the same can be said for all of the maps. Who died and left just high a/d people in the game? The rest of us enjoy the maps for varied purposes. "Training a/d like maniacs" doesn't give you all the right to demand changes to the game that will upset everyone else just to further that for you.

I don't see how making the map easier to navigate will have a profound negative effect on anyone.

Look with Willowvine anyway; personally I don't really care. Notice I barely mention Willowvine in my earlier posts. Sure I agree with a proposal to make it easier to navigate, I still agree with it, but not enough to have huge arguments with people who like it the way it is... I'm much more concerned with the mechanics of the creatures.

Aislinn:

Should BMW make cars around the wants and views of the WeOnlyEverBuyChevroletsAlwaysForever Club? Or should they listen to the existing customers BMWs4eva Club and potential customers GonnaBuySomeKindOfLuxuryCar Club? Which will be better for BMW? which will make their customers happiest? which will gain them more customers faster?
This is a totally irrelevant paragraph. You again make the assumption I will never want anything to do with cockatrice, either combat or ranging, or have not already. Wrong on both counts. Or for that matter, a/d entirely.

People who kill the occasional cockatrice are like people who rent a particular brand of car for the day, people who 'train' them, kill them by the hundreds each week, are comparable to those who buy a particular brand of car.

But anyways, considering as I said above I don't overly care about changes to WV, would my suggestion of -5 sec on trice re-spawn have any negative effect on your usage of the creature? I doubt it.

...and that's really the only suggested change to trice i've made.

Also, although in hindsight I can see how my car analogy has made it look this way, I didn't assume you haven't had melee or ranging experience with a trice, I only presumed that you have no experience with "a/d training" (in the common sense of the words) cockatrice, and yeah after more than 4 years i've assumed you're not going to be a/d training trice anytime soon.

I truly hope I'm wrong, it'd be fantastic if you got a bit more into training a/d and competitive PK Aisy, not only could we have some fun in PK, but you might even find some of my suggestions to be quite agreeable. :P

Aislinn:

I don't think an a/d cap is the issue nor would it solve anything. But as you say, you are only making an example. I as well would sacrifice whatever if it meant fixing these problems and others.

But as always, life is not that simple. It is hard to anticipate how the game will go, how people will use or abuse certain features or lack of features, or even not use other features. And when not-so-wanted results rear their ugly head, the obvious fixes will have consequences...people bought things with real dollars, people worked hard for this or that, people will object and say they'll quit, nobody can agree on what the correct fix even is...you know the story, it's happened time and time again.

Ya i know, I just hope that at some point Radu decides maybe it's worth a few unhappy customers if there's a damn good chance it'll make many others happy and bring more.

Aislinn:

It is not such a simple matter to come up with a fix that won't upset the masses. You know, if left to me, I'd do the fix and say screw everybody else but lucky for EL it's Radu's game and he's a lot nicer to you all than I would be. :)

ditto.

Still as I said above, I hope Radu decides to. Personally I have absolutely no will to train Korrode at all anymore, no point to playing on him.

After 4 years I'm not even half way to the upper limits of melee combat (not to mention other forms of combat) and i'm just not willing to put in years and years more. The day Radu stated outright that his desired time to reach upper limits is 10 years was the day my enthusiasm for EL on my 'main' Korrode char completely died.

Anyways, I've finally got a day off and my ranger char in Regnum Online won't get to level 50 by itself... gotta get it there quick so I can get into some fun, competitive PvP in the realm war zone ;p