Eternal Lands Official Forums

Even with the suggested changes in place for trices. Willowvine is a difficult map to travel through.

Agreed, WV could use changes that would make it easier to navigate.

...and yep, the points you listed we agree on, hope they happen.

Uncertain, you say that some of you like to flee train on monster. Yea, most of EL it seems to me. Some of us really dislike to flee train though. Trice is pretty much the only monster (at these lvls) that one can get somewhat decent exp on without fleeing on. I really don't want to see their hp increased, more or less forcing everyone to flee train them, or get several rounds of 0 exp. Leg orc is nice exp flee training but I find them so increadibly boring to train. Lets keep the different monsters we have at these level a bit different to fight.

Change the ogre on the 'secret' trice spawn to somewhat worthwhile fighting is my suggestion. Regarding Wvf, I agree with you completly, it is lag lag lag and some I don't see the monsters around me becouse of all the wine etc in the air, map. I do my best to avoid that map, only sun tzu or invasions gets me there.

Even with the suggested changes in place for trices. Willowvine is a difficult map to travel through.

I get your "problem" but to hear you all talk, the only point to EL is just to marathon "train" as easily and quickly as possible and nothing else. Might as well have no game or map decoration and just make a few boxes with tiled floors and stick a creature in it with immediate respawn time and call it good.

Isn't there supposed to be SOME challenge, for lack of a better word, for getting these creatures? Isn't there supposed to be more to EL than just click and get as much experience as you can for as little time, effort, and gc as you can?

I know I would seriously not like the game if every map that had a "trainable" creature on it was flat and small and enclosed and empty just so it wasn't "difficult" to blindly level up nonstop for hours|days|weeks|months|years just to be a "competitive top pker". The whole thing has turned into a ridiculous situation.

I get your "problem" but to hear you all talk, the only point to EL is just to marathon "train" as easily and quickly as possible and nothing else. Might as well have no game or map decoration and just make a few boxes with tiled floors and stick a creature in it with immediate respawn time and call it good.

Isn't there supposed to be SOME challenge, for lack of a better word, for getting these creatures? Isn't there supposed to be more to EL than just click and get as much experience as you can for as little time, effort, and gc as you can?

I know I would seriously not like the game if every map that had a "trainable" creature on it was flat and small and enclosed and empty just so it wasn't "difficult" to blindly level up nonstop for hours|days|weeks|months|years just to be a "competitive top pker". The whole thing has turned into a ridiculous situation.

This may be, but this does represent some truth also. I would be happy with a small room that was just tiled and a trainable mob. :) No trees to miss click on, no run away spawns so I can get up and pee without taking 10 mins to find the darn thing again :whistle:

Wiz

Sorry to say but...welcome to the world of MMORPGs! Roleplaying: "Damn....I wish those cockatrice eggs would hatch faster because we need more food for our people. We should also cut some trees to make it easier to find their nests." Not roleplaying: "If they don't add more spawns or at least lower the respawn time I'm going to be stuck here like....forever! Not fun...."

Lol you still miss the point. It's no better to remove trees for easier nest finding.

If it was all meant to be like that, it would have been already.

Everybody keeps demanding things get easier and more experience and faster because they are artificially leveled to where they normally wouldn't even be. If people weren't character buying or passing them around in some manner, or sharing to level round the clock, thereby artificially elevating the "competitive pk" status, people wouldn't be so greedy in what they expect in terms of leveling to "keep up". You all have made your own mess and now expect the game to be speedy grinding leveling machine at all other costs.

Correct me if I'm wrong here: Isn't the idea of different monsters and creatures with different a/d's and different p/c's and different style maps...meant to:

1. Make a player pick and choose which pros and cons work best for him individually

2. Make it a bit of a challenge

3. Make some choices about priorities in chosing which one.

To make them all easy and the same and in empty maps totally defies that aspect. And if that was wanted, wouldn't it be done? Was leveling really meant to be this way? A total mindless 24/7 grind to the top with NO challenges ONLY to be the best in a pk map? Those of you who complain it's boring because it's a grindfest have made it that way yourselves. It wasn't meant to be that way!

I agree to an extent Aislinn to the point that things should be difficult etc.

But I think the main reason for asking for doubles is because after you reach a certain point, mobs 20 levels under you shouldn't be "better exp/training" than stronger mobs. I'm not going to risk a rosto on a MC if I get better exp from Feros and have no risk at all in training.

Lack of a Double DC spawn proves why people generally Hate Training D/C's. The only thing that makes their exp slightly appropriate is their att exp given and the fact that they have a quick respawn time.

I dont' know much about yeti farming, but tbh, I'd love a slight decrease in the FC spawn time. The reason the MC/2FC spawn in RoT works so well is because that the spawn times are so slow you can kill 2 before the next respawns.

I agree, each map should be different, and each map should have its own "flavor" persay. I have made maps for a couple guilds on here (~LE~, Lion) and currently working on a couple more. I know about creating maps at least somewhat, its one of the top reasons I continue playing and for my return a handfull of months ago.. I also know, the more particles/items etc used in a condense area, the more likely one is to lag, or resync. WV is a cool map, on how it is created, the idea of it. Please don't get me wrong.

Im not suggesting removing all trees, vines, vine leafs, mushrooms, etc. I think some have taken this out of context and elaberated on it in a extreme manner. When I stated thinning out. I was more so meaning a tree here a vine way over there, etc (more user friendly to a degree). Maybe even more so aquiring more use for the tree houses. If were to thin out around those. I can see WV being a some what decent ranging map. But as current, for example the tree houses on the east and south, its almost impossible to attempt to range "path blocked" "path blocked". Also by doing so, since I do know that theres 2 maybe more spawns around those areas. It would be regular combat friendly for the avg player.

Sure, things should be difficult. However, should they be difficult in the manner where they are out of control? Out of control in the sense of no longer in the hands of the player, or the game system itself. But rather by a action that occurs like lag or resynce or "disconnected"? I can not speak for the majority only because I am not them. But I would be willing to state that imo for most it is frustrating to try and do "anything" and start to lag, resynce, disconnect.

Aislinn I agree on your 3 key points you made. Though those are all controlled choices by a player imo. I don't think lag, resynce, disconnect (unless you been naughty is only option i can see someone helping you disconnect) is a controlable option by either players or the game itself.

Every creature should have a challenge or be the challenge. But why should the challenge be lagging or resyncing?

As for double spawns and a grindfeast comments. If a few years ago the majority was at "place creature name here" and through time. They increased their stats, need harder creatures to train, etc. Regardless of 24/7 grindfeast, char buying, etc. Why should the majority of those players be training on a lower leveled creature vs a creature more intended for their levels that also could provide the challenge you talk of? If the only thing stopping those players is a additional spawn here or there in current spawning locations.

:)

Lol you still miss the point. It's no better to remove trees for easier nest finding.

Everybody keeps demanding things get easier and more experience and faster because they are artificially leveled to where they normally wouldn't even be. If people weren't character buying or passing them around in some manner, or sharing to level round the clock, thereby artificially elevating the "competitive pk" status, people wouldn't be so greedy in what they expect in terms of leveling to "keep up". You all have made your own mess and now expect the game to be speedy grinding leveling machine at all other costs.

Correct me if I'm wrong here: Isn't the idea of different monsters and creatures with different a/d's and different p/c's and different style maps...meant to:

1. Make a player pick and choose which pros and cons work best for him individually

To make them all easy and the same and in empty maps totally defies that aspect. And if that was wanted, wouldn't it be done? Was leveling really meant to be this way? A total mindless 24/7 grind to the top with NO challenges ONLY to be the best in a pk map? Those of you who complain it's boring because it's a grindfest have made it that way yourselves. It wasn't meant to be that way!

Of course this could be attributed to shortsighted game design. You have to expect the worst from people and account for the possible situations that will arise from that. You cannot blame the masses for taking any advantage they can to improve their own situation; it is human nature and extremely likely to happen in any given circumstance.

Not saying I would have done a better job at all... just that before you start bitching about the players of the game maybe you should look at all the other games that successfully manage to generally keep their (much larger) player bases happy.

Just throwing that out there.

(I agree with your points. I just think that you expect too much of people.)

Edited by Zaer

Of course this could be attributed to shortsighted game design. You have to expect the worst from people and account for the possible situations that will arise from that. You cannot blame the masses for taking any advantage they can to improve their own situation; it is human nature and extremely likely to happen in any given circumstance.
Would it surprise you if I told you I actually agree with this assessment? Anything that can be abused will be abused and badly. It happens here every day in every aspect of gameplay. But then again I am EL's resident cynic too.

Not saying I would have done a better job at all... just that before you start bitching about the players of the game maybe you should look at all the other games that successfully manage to generally keep their (much larger) player bases happy.
Usually people make new games (if they are able to) because of dissatisfaction with major elements of currently available games. It's not likely then that those aspects will be replicated even if they do bring in a lot of people.

(I agree with your points. I just think that you expect too much of people.)
That very well could be.

Normally I would agree 100% with what you have said. But in this case, there is indeed a problem that needs to be addressed. No monster above fchim can be trained with a bone in a single spawn. Mchims need at least a s2e on a single spawn. yeti and cockatrice need cutlass. Mchim, yeti and cockatrice do huge amounts of damage ranging from up to 35 from mchim and 50 damage from yeti. This means you can't train then with a bone or cheap iron sword. So they really can't be trained without serping. If you kill a yeti or cockatrice quickly with cutlass, you have to wait a big respawn period. If you use a bone, chances are won't survive or even reliably hit/do damage. There is no other solution but to either make more double spawns or lower respawn periods or give monsters more HP (giving monsters more HP is my favorite solution) so that they last longer.

So it's not only a matter of making things challenging. Most of us welcome the challenge but things do have to be tweaked a bit in my opinion considering max p/c is not nearly enough for yeti with a smaller weapon.

Edited by hussam

This may be, but this does represent some truth also. I would be happy with a small room that was just tiled and a trainable mob. :) No trees to miss click on, no run away spawns so I can get up and pee without taking 10 mins to find the darn thing again :fire:

Wiz

Ye,know the feeling,but if u want to,go train to VC on ogre =p

Ok then here is my next question:

Was every creature designed to be "trained" on in that manner? Should they all be? A good example is the dragon, obviously not designed to be trained on.

Ok then here is my next question:

Was every creature designed to be "trained" on in that manner? Should they all be? A good example is the dragon, obviously not designed to be trained on.

Nope not all of them are designed to be trained on. But there should be (at least in my opinion) a creature for every a/d range that is trainable in a single spawn without the need for a 40k weapon. The current system works but it penalizes people above 130 a/d who want the experience instead of gc drops.

I guess, with this little high a/d characters leaving the game, perhaps it is good to reconsider some of the spawns and/or mobs, but then I would include FCW in the picture.

(giving monsters more HP is my favorite solution)

Although I do understand this very well from your point of view, let´s not forget that these mobs are also used in invasions and get killed by people (yes, also melee, not just ranging) that are not entirely up to the levels needed to train on these mobs. They are a challenge now already, giving them more HP will just poof more bricks and result in some people leaving invasions earlier than they used to.

The current system works but it penalizes people above 130 a/d who want the experience instead of gc drops.

Isn't this the supposed skill soft-cap? Not saying it's good or bad, but still, it's some sort of deceleration of progress, after you reach certain point in fighting skill...

I guess, with this little high a/d characters leaving the game, perhaps it is good to reconsider some of the spawns and/or mobs, but then I would include FCW in the picture.

I see this as the biggest problem. Most of these people should NOT be on such high a/d characters. (Not saying all but I am saying most.) It is not natural progression and it's distorting the "needs" of the game.

The current system works but it penalizes people above 130 a/d who want the experience instead of gc drops.

Isn't this the supposed skill soft-cap? Not saying it's good or bad, but still, it's some sort of deceleration of progress, after you reach certain point in fighting skill...

Maybe :) That is one way of looking at it.

I see this as the biggest problem. Most of these people should NOT be on such high a/d characters. (Not saying all but I am saying most.) It is not natural progression and it's distorting the "needs" of the game.

You're one of the game administrators and you have a huge role in keeping things sane and you're doing a great job at it. But you see things differently from regular players. You look at the bigger picture. From your side, some people shouldn't be on high a/d characters. It's something we can't argue with because as players, we don't see the whole picture and we don't know what is going on as much as you do. But it doesn't mean that people who have been playing the same char and have leveled it from 1 to 130s a/d should be penalized because some newbies are buying overpowered chars they can't handle. So unless there is an intentional soft-cap as Khalai suggested, some things do need to be tweaked just a little bit.

It's not so much about not being able to handle them (that's another story), there just should not be that many that it makes a gaming problem.

That said, I have the same vague recollection as khalai mentioned, that this was kinda-sorta supposed to happen but don't go quoting me as the PK-fighting specifics expert either. Ent will have to comment on that, if he wants to :)

If characters were not meant to be where they currently are. But were kinda suppose to be. This is a little confusing to me. Because EL is a mmorpg and has been around for a while. Since theres not suppose to be a end persay. A end in the means of "you have reached the highest level possible and will no longer level". Then what confuses me, is how can we have hydro bars buying pp's, the want for people to play and to be a part of the communities population for years. If someone trains for years, trains any skill, how can we not exspect them to achieve a overly high level or that cap of "you have reached the highest level and shall not increase that skill level"? The baught pp's from hydro bars, the nexus removal stones. Its all geared towards making your character stronger, or more efficient at something or towards something. So to say that there shouldnt be as many, is a little backwards?

I know your taking into account, baught characters, the unavg player who plays for 10hrs+ a day, the people who share train a character. But what about the avg player? The people who have been playing for 5, 6+yrs,or those since the great server crash. Sure, not many of them still around compared to history population stats. Though if most of them did still play. Where do we think they're levels would be at current day, if they were to play for a hour or two or three a day till present time? Imo I think they would be where this discussion is leading us. If not, then imo I think they would be larger or bigger in stats then the current discussion. I know this is based on heresay, due to most are not present in todays time. But if we take into consideration, the "what ifs" then I think the larger picture is more visible to some degree. I know we can't base everything on a "what if". Though I do know we can take the time to consider the possibility of a "what if".

Your wants from the game and mine are different.

Do you think the wants of most people with the a/d to train cockatrice are going to be more in-line with my views, or with yours?

Why should parts of the game exist in a state consistent with the wants of people who don't (and quite probably will never) use those parts?

Don't want to seem mean Aisy but it's fact; when I started this game at 3/3 a/d, you were 70's a/d, now I'm mid 130's a/d (99.9% of that exp gained by me btw ;p) and you're 80's a/d, and i've trained WAY slower than some other people. The chances of you a/d training cockatrice within the next 20 years is extremely slim (unless you suddenly take up grinding :P). Is it wise for the view of someone such as yourself be adhered to on the subject of the state of the cockatrice and maps that do little other than contain them?

Should BMW make cars around the wants and views of the WeOnlyEverBuyChevroletsAlwaysForever Club? Or should they listen to the existing customers BMWs4eva Club and potential customers GonnaBuySomeKindOfLuxuryCar Club? Which will be better for BMW? which will make their customers happiest? which will gain them more customers faster?

So Radu should do something about it.

Cap a/d.

Remove pp buying.

It's going to make a handful or 2 of players mad and quit, but then the problem will be solved. By your own statements you agree it'd be for the best.

People will now turn around and say "oh korrode you don't have bought pp's and your 130's not 150's, your tune would change if you had bought pp's or more a/d"... but it wouldn't. If Radu were to decide to cap a/d at 120 and I was going to 'lose' hundreds of millions of exp i'd accept it with a smile.

EDIT: I'm not actually proposing 120 a/d for a cap, just making a point.

Edited by Korrode

Cap a/d.

i remember ent saying something along the lines "it's not my problem you ppl train like maniacs"

we already have attribute caps to make pk more even

Remove pp buying.

agree

Edited by Winkz

Cap a/d.

i remember ent saying something along the lines "it's not my problem you ppl train like maniacs"

we already have attribute caps to make pk more even

Remove pp buying.

agree

The armor<->toughness ratio that resulted from the cap, pp buying and what else has made PvE/PvP in EL a joke. IMO attributes should be changed to correspond correctly with the current weapons, armors and PvE along with the removal of pp buying and or cap.

I understand pp buying is causing unfairness to a/d trainers pkers,

but it is help for ppl like me to keep a normal training built and have some nexus for the skills that they want to level

atm i have 27 nexus that i use all and i have bought 9 , honestly i feel happy for nexus pps because i can do many things

If pp buying is abused by 10 players, u cant condemne all EL players.

About cap a/d i disagree also, some players like to train all day, well why should it be capped?

Don't want to seem mean Aisy but it's fact; when I started this game at 3/3 a/d, you were 70's a/d, now I'm mid 130's a/d (99.9% of that exp gained by me btw ;p) and you're 80's a/d, and i've trained WAY slower than some other people. The chances of you a/d training cockatrice within the next 20 years is extremely slim (unless you suddenly take up grinding :P). Is it wise for the view of someone such as yourself be adhered to on the subject of the state of the cockatrice and maps that do little other than contain them?

Interesting for me, that you chose Aislinn for your great example of failing to train a skill to a certain level in a given time frame (a/d in this case). I don't think you even know what workload it is for her to moderate/admin this game/forums. Believe it or not but she actually has a lot to do involving this game behind the visible scenes.

If you want to make fun about such things perhaps choose a player of your own levels ?! Do I mock you for your unleveled noncombat skills? No >.<

Interesting that players are shot down in combat/PK threads that don't have your or higher levels to comment profoundly. On the other hand a/d-players seem to have every competence to comment non-combat/PK related threads.