Eternal Lands Official Forums

Yeti cave back spawn has always been (very) busy.

There are alternatives tho:

-Yeti cave front double spawn.

-Iscalrith: 3 yetis there of which you can easily keep 2 on spawn.

-Hulda, yeah its PK but the pay off is good gc, just use MI or TS if people are annoying you there.

-Imbroglio Yeti/Fluff spawn.

-Trassian harv cave: 2 yeti there, altho with the reduced respawn time it might be hard to keep them on spawn.

Killing all double spawns with a faster respawn sounds like a good idea based on what's been read here.

Disclaimer: No, I'm nowhere near training on yetis, but some day I will be and would rather see this cleared up long before I get there, hehe. The double/triple ogre locations with too many people training them almost made me give up a/d completely several months back, and this looks eerily like that situation. Better single spawn than scenarios like the one screenshotted in this thread.

Ok, so how about I make a cave with like 20 yetis, and also increase their drops? And maybe put a rostogol fountain there too.

thats kinda exactly the oposite of what we want :omg:

we would like to see double spawns removed, and a lower respawn time, the only downside for this 'could' be drops

instead of 1 person getting 2x yeti drops 2 persons will be getting 1x drops, the extra gc from the lower respawn rate wont be that much.

no extra fun added, but more hard work, since then everyone will be able to train decently. (keep in mind it is a bit less exp though)

changing it to single spawns only with reduced spawn time is just changing it to be less boring cause we wont have to stand in line for a spawn.

anyway, if you could make a 130s char with decent attributes you could go see for yourself and see this suggestion is for the best :]

anyway, if you could make a 130s char with decent attributes you could go see for yourself and see this suggestion is for the best :]

Now that IS a damn good idea.

While you're at it boss, take that char and go try and PK other people of the same levels, see what degree of resources you need to burn to be at all competitive, then after an hour of said competitive PK (and i mean combat, not standing in KF for an hour), calculate the value of the resources you burned and then go and see how long it takes you to replace them.

I ofc dont actually except you to complete this task, because you'd do the hour of competitive PK, and then after many hours working to replenish used resources you'd see you're not even half way there, be bored to tears and give up.

Korrode, if you dont like the way PK is why you PK then? there is still alot of ppl who goes to PK, kills, dies, but is not complaining.

i think some1 in other post said. ' no one is forcing you to use stuff' nor to PK.. :)

Thats why he doesnt PK anymore eh? :) There is actually a big need for more spawns and thats so obvious (If you cant see that then the i m not the one having realizing problems here.). Double or single, i dont care (about mcw/fcw/fluf and feros wise i m talking about) but we *need* more spawns. And about yetis, i didnt really train or farm on them so i dont wanna talk about something i dont know like most people do.

my2cents;

-Kaddy

Korrode, if you dont like the way PK is why you PK then?

Because i LOVE the PvP combat system in EL, what i hate is that i cant partake in competitive PvP combat regularly, due to the very high cost.

edit: damn typos

Edited by Korrode

Korrode, if you dont like the way PK is why you PK then?

Because i LOVE the PvP combat system in EL, what i hate is that i cant partake in competitive PvP combat regularly, due to the very high cost.

edit: damn typos

So true :closedeyes:

Anyway, I agree with the idea, its logic and the overall purpose of it. :) (However, I think the best answer to all of the train problems of these higher level monsters is to cap a/d @ 120 ^^ Maybe instead if waiting for Yeti they be in KF....)

And people, stop quoting Ent plx, he isn't going to give you free st00f just because you laugh at all his jokes :rolleyes:

Edited by Kharn

Anyway, I agree with the idea, its logic and the overall purpose of it. :) (However, I think the best answer to all of the train problems of these higher level monsters is to cap a/d @ 120 ^^ Maybe instead if waiting for Yeti they be in KF....)

And people, stop quoting Ent plx, he isn't going to give you free st00f just because you laugh at all his jokes :rolleyes:

I will quote you insted :)

how can you offer to cap a/d at 120 if there is at least 50 ppl over that lvl already ? :)

Anyway. i agree that we need a better trainable mosters after feros... well maybe FCW can be called trainable..... but after that .. all monsters are serpable, but not trainable. but i totally dissagree to make some spec spawns for GC harving, thats not right :)

and if we'd have few normal trainable monsters w/o those insane criticals , ppl would PVP less (i know Ent dont like PVP :) )

that is going to other topic maybe? so i stop here.

I will quote you insted :)

how can you offer to cap a/d at 120 if there is at least 50 ppl over that lvl already ? :)

Anyway. i agree that we need a better trainable mosters after feros... well maybe FCW can be called trainable..... but after that .. all monsters are serpable, but not trainable. but i totally dissagree to make some spec spawns for GC harving, thats not right :)

and if we'd have few normal trainable monsters w/o those insane criticals , ppl would PVP less (i know Ent dont like PVP :) )

that is going to other topic maybe? so i stop here.

Tell them it's a beta game and their sol ?

Not at all :closedeyes:

Just make all PK maps 120 and below. If sombody over 120 comes, it knocks their a/d temp to 120. Would take coding but would be worth it ^^

(this would also allow those who had over 120 to still be able to do instances and such but balance PK ALOT)

Edited by Kharn

Err, I've only read the last couple of posts, but I know a 120 a/d cap would be completely unfair. I don't really support a hard cap, but if there were to be one imposed I'd say 150 a/d would be more reasonable.

Err, I've only read the last couple of posts, but I know a 120 a/d cap would be completely unfair. I don't really support a hard cap, but if there were to be one imposed I'd say 150 a/d would be more reasonable.

(Totaly getting of topic here...)

kk Aphi, how long you played EL ? Have you poked over 100 yet? Takes a while doesn't it? It's not just the training tho, its all the time before that trying to understand how/where to train and how to make your build then making money dying and losing stuf etc etc etc...

People want to play for a few months then try the pk system. Sucks when they walk in and get pwnt by a ebul 150+ guy who has bought pp's and more gold in 1 week than you can make in a month... Kinda sad tbh

I was lucky enough to have the full DPA experience when it was PACKED. But I know now that if I spent 5 months playing and I wanted to test the PK system and was then told that there was no fairness factor in the primary location for REAL pk, I would be pissed -_-

Edited by Kharn

kk Aphi, how long you played EL ? Have you poked over 100 yet? Takes a while doesn't it? It's not just the training tho, its all the time before that trying to understand how/where to train and how to make your build then making money dying and losing stuf etc etc etc...

People want to play for a few months then try the pk system. Sucks when they walk in and get pwnt by a ebul 150+ guy who has bought pp's and more gold in 1 week than you can make in a month... Kinda sad tbh

I was lucky enough to have the full DPA experience when it was PACKED. But I know now that if I spent 5 months playing and I wanted to test the PK system and was then told that there was no fairness factor in the primary location for REAL pk, I would be pissed -_-

low a/d ppl got dp arenas,they no drop too

and those 150 a/d ppl have spend years to be there,and to buy pps

and lol@make more gc in 1 week then u in 1 month.by harvesting u can make good gc(not much less then i on yeti).as i can get lucky with nmt drops,so u can get lucky with nexus removals.

Edited by kingado

Game is to small to split up people :P Need to be all in once place, ent was smart to decide that.

Yeh but there credit card's can shorten the process :> Buying char's that have been arround for a while n such

(iirc ur char was bought :) )

Edited by Kharn

Game is to small to split up people :P Need to be all in once place, ent was smart to decide that.

Yeh but there credit card's can shorten the process :> Buying char's that have been arround for a while n such

(iirc ur char was bought :D )

mh,i got char as gift btw.got him when he was 112/111,my old one was 90s.so not so big difference.

and irrc u wanted to buy char,lol

this off topic,sry

anyway,get some facts before posting plz :)

Edited by kingado

And that wasn't my point. I realy couldn't care less if ya bought a char. It's the only way to do it now anyway, even if I spend one year training, I can work in rael-life for a week and use my pay check to get me a better one and then

PWN those who spent one year playing ^^ Catching my drift? ...

Edited by Kharn

OK, lets say for a minute all high A/D people are PP buyers (sweeping generalisation): those people in the top 5-10 A/D categories have still spent countless hours making preparations and training. I think it's unfair and short sighted because these people who put lots of work into their characters have now had all advantage that work gives them stripped. It's short sighted because, unless you remove PP buying, there are still gonna be ebul 120 A/Ders with a high alchemy/harvest & ~20 or more bought PPs; all your suggestion does is transferring the 'ebul' to another A/D category.

And still, I think 120 is too low. For instance, a summoned dragon might have only 15 defence (with perk), but it still has 150 attack, and high attributes & magic resistance.

Edited by Aphistolas

I am wondering if you read the part about the map dropping their levels as long as they are in...

Two 110's can most likely take one ebul 120, but two 110's cant take a ebul 150 ;p

Then the two 110's should train to 150 a/d and take down the tough guy, rather than making the tough guy (who put more work into his character) weaker.

And the temporary lowering of A/D doesn't really matter. It still nerfs them of ability they worked hard to achieve.

And still, I think 120 is too low. For instance, a summoned dragon might have only 15 defence (with perk), but it still has 150 attack, and high attributes & magic resistance.

Actually, it would have like 300 attack. (unless something's changed recently summons have 2x Att)

So 120 a/d, 150 a/d, wont make shit difference, it'll always hit u and you'll always hit it.

I agree with you though that so long as pp buying is still doable, 120 cap wont remove 'teh ebul', just shift it.

remove pp buying + 120 PK-map-cap = :pickaxe:

Edited by Korrode